Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Threat Meter, why do we not have this yet?

Pintaphilly
12.28.2011 , 07:48 PM | #21
I don't get the fuss against dps meters. The only logical reasoning for someone to be against it is because they suck at doing the dps they should be doing, and have gotten kicked out of a guild because of it. You can't progress in raids at a reasonable pace without these meters. Without these meters, you will never know who is the deadweight in the raid. It is THAT simple. Not to mention, the meters provide a lot more information than just dps.

Same thing goes for threat meters. Any player needs to have some kind of indication as to when they are about to pull the boss. Now, if bioware decides to not include threat meters, then they better tune their flashpoints and operations so that the tank has a reasonable amount of time to get threat back.

But here is the problem. Bioware hasn't done that. FP Hard modes ARE WAAAAY over-tuned. Most of them are possible, but quite a few of them are bugged, or simply expect too much from the players. The best example I can give you is the last boss from Boarding Party. And I'm pretty sure the Operations are on the same boat.

Granted, the game is only over a week old since launch. Most if not all hard mode encounters are gonna get nerfed or fixed. But even then, at least from the POV of a sith juggernaut, it is such a pain in the *** to maintain control of multiple enemies, especially when their so spread out.

You don't want the inclusion of threat meters or dps meters? Fine, keep playing normal mode FPs and Ops. Cause those are freaking jokes, you can lose aggro all you want and suck at the dps all you want for those. But set foot on hard modes, and trust me, your going to wish you could figure out who is the deadweight in your guild that is slowing down your progression.

And let me emphasis something in case you couldn't figure it out on your own. I am specifically talking about the need of these meters/addons for HARD MODES, not "this stuff is so easy, why do people whine for meters mode" aka. normal mode.

Kelticfury
12.28.2011 , 07:56 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintaphilly View Post
You don't want the inclusion of threat meters or dps meters? Fine, keep playing normal mode FPs and Ops. Cause those are freaking jokes, you can lose aggro all you want and suck at the dps all you want for those. But set foot on hard modes, and trust me, your going to wish you could figure out who is the deadweight in your guild that is slowing down your progression.
Maybe that dead weight is you. And who gives a crap about the speed of progression, is it a race? A competition? I play to have fun, not to rag on some other player because he isn't squeezing out the last 1% of performance. You are just what I was talking about. Need a meter so you can feel like you are elite. Well let me tell you, being good at a video game doesn't make you elite at all, its just being a self important twonk with a video game obsession.

Pintaphilly
12.28.2011 , 08:07 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Kelticfury View Post
Maybe that dead weight is you. And who gives a crap about the speed of progression, is it a race? A competition? I play to have fun, not to rag on some other player because he isn't squeezing out the last 1% of performance. You are just what I was talking about. Need a meter so you can feel like you are elite. Well let me tell you, being good at a video game doesn't make you elite at all, its just being a self important twonk with a video game obsession.
That is the difference between you and me my friend. The competition for raid progression, believe or not, is fun for a large portion of the MMO community. You play this game for another reason, and I don't even care what that reason is. And if I was the deadweight, I would love to know if I am, SO THAT I CAN IMPROVE. That is what the meters provide. I used to raid hardcore back in WoW since the Vanilla days up until the release of Cata. These meters are a damn blessing.

And who ever said I was an elite? All these assumptions your making have no reasoning behind them. Your just putting words in my mouth. And if that's actually what you assume of other people, THEN LOL, you got some problems yourself mate. The amount of stereotypical assumptions you just made tells me, that you got some real problems yourself. Hell, you must've had a horrible experience with a past raiding guild. Of course there are people with elitist attitudes, with or without meters. We don't even accept that type of attitude in our guild, not even in the one that I was in for WoW.

Hell, you get people who are horrible at dps who have an elitist attitude, despite being shown proof of their bad performance. And not only that, they also refuse to LISTEN TO ADVICE from their guildies, because they strongly believe that what their doing is the best way to do. Again, despite being shown proof of the opposite. I am pretty sure this type of person is you.

And if you don't care how fast you go through progression, THEN GOOD FOR YOU. I'm sure wiping and crawling through raids on every single boss and taking 10x longer than it should to successfully down a boss for the first time is fun for you. And I'm sure the reason behind that is because your doing it with friends. And guess what? I am also doing it with friends, only with a different mindset.

We have different reasons to play this game. Everyone does. Deal with it.

Kelticfury
12.28.2011 , 08:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pintaphilly View Post
Each person has a different reason for playing MMO's, deal with it.
You got that right.

And your own post claims your leet dude. Want to know who is dead weight blah blah yadda yadda. and then posting your leet experience raiding wow for many years just added to it.

I don't give a damn how many years you wasted striving for that last 1%, is that supposed to be impressive? The only impression it gives me is that you obsess over a video game to the point of dehumanizing other real people. "dead weight". Pfft. Who cares if someone else who also pays for the same game as you wants to enjoy the game, they are just a dead weight holding you back from some imaginary mecca of uberleet status. And no I am not putting words in your mouth, you did that all yourself.

The problem here is my way of enjoying the game doesn't inflict itself on others way of playing the game. Yours does. And as i said before, I don't see a need for threat meters, some do. who cares. Its tools that allow some twonk that obsesses over numbers to inflict that obsession on others that i object to.

Zunayson
12.28.2011 , 08:17 PM | #25
It's not rocket science (CwutIdidThar?), people. Let the tank attack first. I tanked as a level 14 or 15 level Vanguard, and it's really, really not that difficult (I was spec'd shields). Just spam your basic attacks at them, and if you see the main baws isn't following you, then use taunt, But that's it! Also, use your guard on the weaker DPS, not the healer, and, if at lower levels when you still naturally are rewarded gear with more aim than endurance, then toggle your guard on and off to spread the damage out, say if the healer can't heal that fast.

To be honest, if a certain game-making/breaking system wasn't added to a game, other systems were made/modified to fit the balance. (e.i. a game doesn't have a shuffle target key, but enemies are weak. Adding a mod to shuffle target makes the game too easy).

Vanilla! Vanilla! VANILLAAA!!!!

that is all.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

sixthousand
12.28.2011 , 08:19 PM | #26
alot of wanna be elitist in here

Innocentone
12.28.2011 , 08:28 PM | #27
If you need a threat meter then you shouldn't be tanking.

Heimskringla
12.28.2011 , 08:30 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Alegoss View Post
no more dps meter spam , people need to use their brains instead of depending on addons to do it for them

we have to evaluate everything on our own : every action has a reaction
Yep. This. It's enjoyable to actually have to pay attention to what skills do what to which enemies.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Heimskringla
12.28.2011 , 08:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Innocentone View Post
If you need a threat meter then you shouldn't be tanking.
Exactly.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

fredsaase
12.28.2011 , 08:35 PM | #30
The people who actually need threat meters are those who are constantly min/maxing for progression. I'd wager 99% of the people calling for threat meters do not fall into this category.
Channah, Seer Sage
Prophecy of the Five (PvP East)