Rainbow gradient lightsaber

jeromebaldino

Hi guys! Been playing since the beginning, first time poster.

Apologies if this has been posted before. There are many posts and I couldn't see this sort of thing suggested when I had a look through.

I would really like a lightsaber that has a rainbow gradient. Like Tau's Lightsaber has a green to white gradient. Start at Red then as it moves toward the end of the blade you'd have Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet.

This would sit really well with any members of the Pride/LBGTQIA+ community. My workplace in New Zealand has the Rainbow Tick which signifies we are an inclusive and understanding workplace. I'd like to think SWTOR players are inclusive and understanding, too :)

Thanks all!

I believe something denoting one's identity politics was asked for before, and the argument was then people would want Straight Pride, Trans Pride, Christian Pride, White Pride, etc., etc., to wear on their political sleeves.

I'm gay, and I've joked around before on the forums for rainbow lightning for sorcs, etc. etc., but I'm not in favor of any gear or swag or effects or whatever regarding outside-of-game identity politics. One, it opens up a new avenue of abuse of those wearing such items, as mildly but aptly demonstrated by:

So you want a Takashi 69 Lightsaber?

and the subsequent headache of increased reporting for such abuse Bioware would need to contend with.

So, while gay and supportive of the gay community, I will say that inserting the political drama into the game isn't worth the unsavory (and demonstrably likely) fallout of such identity-affirming content.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Too long....

To be frank I saw the title and commented without reading the post.

I post jokes but now looking back I have to say Politics being forced into any entertainment that doesn't need it's presence is troubling to say the least.

Just because I don't wanna taste the Rainbow doesn't mean that I have to....

Also OP don't lie about being here since the beginning your member count is 13million.

Edited by DarthSealth

They can add a rainbow lightsaber without the political connotations to it. A rainbow is its own thing, regardless of what form of symbolism one sees in it. Let people make of it what they will. Personally, when I see a rainbow, I think of Sagittarius A*. Or, I just see a rainbow. Another thing they can do is add a rainbow flair, or an alternative color flair, that creates a rainbow every time you swing your lightsaber around or something.

Also OP don't lie about being here since the beginning your member count is 13million.

I bought the physical DVD version (and paid about $100 for it) back when the game first launched. I had the Founder title but the account was lost. So I created this new account and have got Legendary status on it. Just because I haven't used the same account since the beginning, doesn't mean I'm a liar.

Anywho.. Yes it doesn't need to be in support of anything in particular. I just like rainbows? I'm simply saying it might appeal to people who want to support said tribe/group.

In conclusion.. GIMME THAT RAINBOW GRADIENT LIGHTSABER!

I bought the physical DVD version (and paid about $100 for it) back when the game first launched. I had the Founder title but the account was lost. So I created this new account and have got Legendary status on it. Just because I haven't used the same account since the beginning, doesn't mean I'm a liar.

Anywho.. Yes it doesn't need to be in support of anything in particular. I just like rainbows? I'm simply saying it might appeal to people who want to support said tribe/group.

In conclusion.. GIMME THAT RAINBOW GRADIENT LIGHTSABER!

How many times have I heard that same line over the years. I point out as I always do when people lose stuff they can always find it. Honestly all indications points to lying.

Honest opinion without the joking. I don't think the engine can handle a rainbow crystal effect, Maybe a Flair or Tuning. I think the engine isn't the most modern.

How many times have I heard that same line over the years. I point out as I always do when people lose stuff they can always find it. Honestly all indications points to lying.

Yeah because my account getting hacked, said person cheating by accelerating the game with Cheat Engine and the account getting permanently banned is easy to get back. I tried.

What a judging jerk you are lmao. Try taking people on their word, people are generally honest.

Yeah because my account getting hacked, said person cheating by accelerating the game with Cheat Engine and the account getting permanently banned is easy to get back. I tried.

What a judging jerk you are lmao. Try taking people on their word, people are generally honest.

So you got busted hacking, couldn't lie your way out of it to keep the account, and then made a new account. See, that wasn't so hard.