Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The real solution to the slicing dilemma

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
The real solution to the slicing dilemma

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 08:55 AM | #1
Un-nerf it back to beta standards. Make it like the PVP bags where you cannot open it unless you are the same level or higher as the lockbox. This way people can only make gains equal to or below their level. You won't have 100 level 11 gold farmers sitting in fleet grinding boxes for minimum profit. And you can't be level 15 and making 5k a lockbox.

This is the only solution I believe is reasonable while still having slicing be a viable crew skill

/discuss

aSaintG
12.28.2011 , 08:57 AM | #2
This is a great solution ^
"I'm good at shooting people, cracking wise, and pretending to know how to fight with my hands."

KiroLM
12.28.2011 , 08:58 AM | #3
Here's the actual solution for Slicing:

Change the amount of money people get from Missions so you can't just queue up every alt to start printing money, and make someone who has Slicing have to use it in the world while doing missions in order to make it just as profitable provided the Slicers are willing to put in the work. You know, like everybody else.

Ohwait. They did that.

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 09:08 AM | #4
My solution works in both cases actually. Bringing the gains to the appropriate level per player level by not allowing people to open higher level cases. The point of crew skills is that your crew takes care of them. If there is no use for slicing as used by the crew than it shouldn't be considered a crew skill.

I only made money before because I was level 20 running around Ilum (Level 50) Grabbing cases for 1400 profit AT level 20. Which at level 50 would be a huge waste of time since you can grind mobs for more money. Therefore making it a supplement and small bonus to have your crew running around doing it.

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 09:12 AM | #5
I would say they could be tradable but people would just be mailing them to alts to open, thereby making it farmable with alts without putting the work into leveling them.

ripster
12.28.2011 , 09:21 AM | #6
From what I have seen the sweet spot is the level 32ish missions that most people will be at now or very soon so that would be a minor adjustment at best.

Burtlebe
12.28.2011 , 09:27 AM | #7
honestly i would have been happy if cybertech just returned orange schematics, missions and augments. I knew it was going to get smacked bad, was too easy a way for credit sellers to make bank. Even if they remove the nerf and limit the transactions per day its still too easy for someone to get to lvl 11 and then just farm credits. Limiting to just level isnt really a fix either cause then it hurts legitmate crafters who alt alot.

At this point i think they need to lower the mission costs for augments, no way to sell them for what the mission costs. They should also consider adding some value added drops like schematics to the boxes in place of some of the lost credits.

I do know that i will be spending 300k a week less on the GTN now. I wasnt one of the people who made 8 slicers and did nothing but farm credits, I tend to avoid doing the things I know are going to be nerfed hard. But my one character i did get to 400 and spent the money supporting the crafter population. I will just convert my playstyle to leveling all my alts as crafters.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 09:41 AM | #8
Slicing*

Well Slicing isn't really a crafting skill, so it wouldn't hurt crafting Alts. And at level 11 your getting extremely minimal profits on lock boxes FYI. One of the things in my original post is that they need to change around the profit margins to be more in tune with the appropriate amount someone should be making at their level.

Augments right now are pretty worthless considering they can only be put into critted crafted gear which is pretty rare, so Augments are actually an extremely niche market making them pretty worthless. AND, people are already using Moddable gear which i've never seen with an augment slot. So that also makes a smaller player base for augment interest.

Scrump
12.28.2011 , 10:21 AM | #9
Actually! Apparently you can get Augment slots on orange armor. I take that statement back.