Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Taral V / Jedi Prisoner Quest - how and where to start?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Taral V / Jedi Prisoner Quest - how and where to start?

ctsfinest
12.28.2011 , 08:54 AM | #1
Dumb question.

I can't enter the Taral V flashpoint - I guess I need the Jedi Prisoner quest, but...I can't remember where to get it.

How do I get started so I can do this flashpoint? I tried entering it but it says I'm ineligible, and I can't get the quest from the droid outside the flashpoint, or enter the group area with Oteg.

Thanks.

ctsfinest
12.28.2011 , 10:20 AM | #2
The info I looked up on darthhater is out of date - the MP-77 droid doesn't exist in Alderaan. I can't remember for the life of me where I started the Jedi Prisoner which allowed me to speak with Oteg and start Taral V.

ctsfinest
12.28.2011 , 01:17 PM | #3
bump-

jfahy
12.29.2011 , 02:53 PM | #4
Stuck here as well. I got the prisoner quest from a Flashpoint Courier droid in the republic fleet. It tells me to go speak to Oteg on 'the Telos'.

I thought Telos was the name of a starship, but I can't find that anywhere. So then I figured Telos must be a planet, but I've gone over the galactic map and didn't see it.

I haven't set foot on Alderaan yet; probably will today. Hopefully enlightenment will hit me on the head when I arrive.
Nerf lightsabers.

Eihnlazer
12.29.2011 , 03:02 PM | #5
Theres more than 1 ship in the Republic fleet.

You have to take a taxi ship from the station to the Telos wich is the capital ship of the fleet.
You know what this means.

jfahy
12.29.2011 , 03:10 PM | #6
Just found it. The answer, in even greater detail:

When you first get to the Republic Fleet, you're on the big round thing called Carrick Station.

From the elevator at the extreme east of the station, you can choose the Interfleet Transport option. Do that and you appear in the station's shuttle bay.

In the middle of the shuttle bay is a taxi station, where one of the destinations you can select is the Telos.
Nerf lightsabers.

JLapp
12.29.2011 , 03:25 PM | #7
To the OP: If you have the jedi prisoner quest and can't get in, try dropping the quest and going to the droid on the main floor of the carrick station fleet near the elevator that goes to the shuttle area & the other flashpoint area.

I had a situation where someone shared the quest to me but he had already talked to master oteg so I couldn't get into the room to talk to him and I couldn't get into the flashpoint either.

Nedax
12.29.2011 , 03:33 PM | #8
Quest is given by an NPC on the Carrick Station (the main area of the Republic Fleet). The entrance to the flashpoint itself is on "The Telos" which is another ship that helps make the Republic Fleet a fleet.

As another poster mentioned, just take the elevator that normally goes to the flashpoints, but instead choose the Interfleet option instead.

Enjoy! Despite the bugs I've encountered with the flashpoint it's my favorite so far.

Ithaki
01.15.2012 , 11:41 AM | #9
I also had this problem. I was not able to enter the Taral V flashpoint. Resetting the quest allowed me to go back to the control room and restart the quest.

Saafyer
02.02.2012 , 02:34 PM | #10
Nrvmd, I figured it.

Thanks