Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lv50 premades destorys the fun of PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Lv50 premades destorys the fun of PVP

Wodaz
12.28.2011 , 09:06 AM | #11
This issue was brought up in testing, way before launch, and they did nothing about it then...kinda sad really. I think they assume their bolstering system takes these kind of things into account, but as we've all seen it clearly does NOT!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

ChrisKeck
12.28.2011 , 09:08 AM | #12
I vote we ignore this post for 3 months.

In 3 months we can all revisit this when we have a level 50 toon we can play on.

So in reality the current complaint is "these guys leveled faster than me and now I have to pvp against them ***."

No.

MrRaptorJesus
12.28.2011 , 09:09 AM | #13
It's something you're going to have to live with for a bit until there's a decent enough level spread to support brackets. You don't want to be penalized for not getting to 50 as quickly as someone else but neither should they be penalized for hitting 50 by getting to a near empty bracket.

Give it some time.

Celebrus
12.28.2011 , 09:10 AM | #14
Step 1: Reach 50.

Step 2: Get friends.

Step 3: ???????

Step 4: Profit!

cronpants
12.28.2011 , 09:13 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sapler View Post
This is ennoying and kills PvP..
Which is it? Is it annoying, or is it killing pvp. Annoying things in life rarely kill anything. I'm curious if we met in real life and i annoyed you, would you kill me?

I think your a troll. Thats annoying me.
"The sarlacc found me somewhat indigestible."
―Boba Fett

Vaiai
12.28.2011 , 09:15 AM | #16
Why should we have to wait until 40+ to play PVP with any realistic hope of winning though?

If there are even one or 2 decent geared L50 in most WZ they can win the game on their own. What is the point of that? Some players will level solely in WZ - the XP is actually pretty good but they are turning lower lvl players away from it by this bizarre mechanic.

Bolster is one of the worst ideas I have seen in an MMO. I'm not whining, I still play WZ but get despondant. Why should I wait til 50....you'll end up with high lvl players who don't know how to play the games properly as theybwill have had no chance to learn it at lower levels. Most ppl just think it's a DM anyway

Wodaz
12.28.2011 , 09:19 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Celebrus View Post
Step 1: Reach 50.

Step 2: Get friends.

Step 3: ???????

Step 4: Profit!
I'm lvl 50 have PvP gear and like a challenge, face rolling groups that aren't equipped to give a decent fight is boring and uneventful. I know people that don't know how to play there class enjoy ganking and spanking players less capable , but some of us actually enjoy balanced competition.
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I'm kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

Vocis_Dei
12.28.2011 , 09:22 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuckThePug View Post
So if it's to much for you, stay the hell out of the WZ till you are 50 or gain friends?

Simple solution to your issue.
And you're exactly why I left WoW, only to try to find solace....Damn you're back!

Aragingbull
12.28.2011 , 09:28 AM | #19
The problem is't the level 50s it's you low levels draging the team down -_-

Yes i'm looking at you noobie who just turned 10 and wanted to do A WZ.

There needs to be brackets in like a month when theres a wide range of levels.
Just like a new born baby it happens every day...

Donnachie
12.28.2011 , 10:05 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragingbull View Post
The problem is't the level 50s it's you low levels draging the team down -_-

Yes i'm looking at you noobie who just turned 10 and wanted to do A WZ.

There needs to be brackets in like a month when theres a wide range of levels.
God knows what server you play on, but my server has a very wide range of levels. We have several raiding guilds already and generally there's a queue to join. Bracketed PvP should have been part of the initial PvP design!

The game was about a year late so it's not as if there wasn't enough time to implement the several lines of code that would allow bracketing...