Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball does NOT REWARD PROPER PARTICIPATION!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Huttball does NOT REWARD PROPER PARTICIPATION!

DistortedShadow
12.28.2011 , 08:02 AM | #1
IF you're wondering why people ignore the ball and just go team deathmatch, it's because it rewards fighting in the middle way more than the actual game does.

This screenshot was taken at the winning screen where we completely mopped the floor with them. I personally delivered 4 of these 6 goals (notice the win was taken past the goal line) and passed the huttball to the end carrier on the first two. How is my objective score 0? Isn't scoring and passing the entire point of huttball, or is that just a ruse?

Huttball should be tweaked to reward passing and scoring the goal much more than the simple 'well you won, so it's reward enough, right?'.

I didn't even get a single medal, what gives?

Emekk
12.28.2011 , 08:04 AM | #2
It's more obvious in huttball, but it's a problem with all wz's.

DistortedShadow
12.28.2011 , 08:11 AM | #3
Good to know, granted I haven't been paying attention to other WZ's because those are more games of 'which team has more level 50s in purple pvp gear', which is an umbrella I don't fall under. At least in Huttball, 3 people with sly bridge placement can pass to each other pretty efficiently and juke most of the opposing team, 50 or not.

kaelthun
12.28.2011 , 08:15 AM | #4
PvP is much more a work in progress than anticipated, the medals are a clear sign of that. Obviously BW didn't get a whole lot of data on the kind of play they're seeing right now and I'm sure they'll balance out this stuff soon. I've had situations like yours where I Huttballed the balls off the other team and got nothing for it while some steamrolling 50s in the middle took 8 medals and went home laughing. In Alderaan there doesn't seem to be a perfect spread either. When you actively defend 1 or even 2 stations (by ping-ponging from one to the other) you get nothing for it besides the kills you participated in. No defender points if you don't afk / chill at a point.

But again, I'm sure BW is looking into this. Wasn't there a PvP coordinator guy in charge of all of this that we could address?
Proud member of the Cheapest Edition Club
It's not hard to lose my attention. Just start trolling.

DistortedShadow
12.28.2011 , 08:36 AM | #5
I'm sure a fix/solution will come eventually, just thought I'd bring up my own frustrations and hopefully get some ideas rolling on how to fix it.

Epocha
12.28.2011 , 08:43 AM | #6
Other interesting factoids from the screenshot:

Your team: SIX Sith Inquisitors, One Imperial Agent, One .. Warrior?

Opposing team: FIVE Bounty Hunters, Three Sith Inquisitors, One .. Warrior?

Interesting, very interesting. So from one PvP match there are 9xSI, 5xBH, 2xSW, 1xIA

Makes me want to see more screenshots of other peoples games, see if they also have the same class demographics

Naevius
12.28.2011 , 08:47 AM | #7
The fact that scoring goals provides no rewards says it all.

Also, I'm sick of huttball, since it is what imperial players get 90% of the time.
I don't always use lightsabers, but when I do, I prefer Dos Blades ...

Vlaid
12.28.2011 , 08:49 AM | #8
Yeah. It's a problem in all warzones.

You should get bonus points for catching the ball, holding the ball, and a huge bonus for capping the ball.

Same thing with node games. Planting the bomb, disarming the bomb, or capturing a control point should all award huge points to the individual and any nearby players ONLY.

MrTerrito
12.28.2011 , 08:52 AM | #9
All correct, also regarding the medals, there shouldn't be a jump in healing awards like 75k to 300k. if I get my 75k healing medal, I'm just gonna start DPSing to get the 75k damage medal, because it is faster than healing for another 225k. It may be more beneficial to my team if I heal, but hey, blame the developers!

richardya
12.28.2011 , 08:57 AM | #10
Totally kills all strategy in all games. I mean, people hate guarding nodes.