Ability to choose what warzones we get.

Dcardinalone

Bioware needs to make changes and allow us to que for the maps that we want just like flashpoints. I cant be leaving Huttballs maps 5 straight times and finally get the map i want after one hour. We have enough maps now that we can choose like fps.Also in that hour im trying to get the map i want i would also like to be qued for other things, flashpoints, uprisings, ops etc, :rak_02:

They're not going to do that. Huttball, OPG and Voidstar would probably never get played, then people who like those maps would complain that they never pop. Plus the game population isn't high enough to support trying to build groups around who is selecting which maps.

All they really need to do is implement a system that forces map rotations instead of it being random, and stop releasing huttball variants that nobody wants.

WOW YOU READ MY MIND. those are the exact maps i hate! LOL. I dont think they are going to get complaints from much people ALOT of people LOVE HUTTBALL apparently thats also why they are coming with a new map too. They might risk losing player if they dont imo. People treat huttball like their open world pvp nowadays its where they can do whatever except objectives . And the other half is farmers and wannabe farmers. I wouldnt mind waiting for warzones i like while also waiting for other stuff like fps, ops, urisings,starfighter heck its all toward conquest anyways.

They don't need to do separate queues to give us *some* control over it. It's been outlined before, and it seems like a system like GW2 uses would work fine. If an 8-man pops, put up a chooser with all the 8-man maps (and actually separate them all out... Quesh is NOT the same as original huttball). If a 4-man pops put up one with all the arenas. Give everyone like 30 seconds to pick which they want. Then roll a weighted random chance based on what people picked.

Sure, you might still get your hated huttball, because I like that one. :p But if I'm the only one that picked it, at least he chance should be pretty small. And I might be the only one, but I'd be more willing to play the "hated" maps if we got them because 6 people on my team picked that one. At least I could be fairly sure that I have at least 6 people who actually WANTED to play that specific map. Instead of like it is now, where it's pretty much always that I seem to have 6 people who don't want to play the map we got "randomly" and so will just deathmatch instead.

The old tired failed argument about not enough players for separate queues is a bad argument. The amount of players queueing will NEVER change how long it takes to get a wartype you WANT.

NOW:

- Someone doesn't want to play buttball, queue, leave buttball, queue, leave buttball, queue, finally play wartype you want.

- Takes awhile to get the RIGHT match.

- NO ONE WILL PLAY A WARTYPE THEY HATE, no matter how many drops it takes.

Even early drops can cause shortages on the buttball teams, creating a start of war imbalance, ruining the start of the wars. And if a tank/healer drops, the back fill situation is a nightmare.

IF WE HAD PROPOSED SELECTION QUEUES:

- Queue takes almost EXACTLY THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME to get the RIGHT match. May even be a little quicker.

- The begin of buttball matches are not ruined.

- Less player inconvenience as he/she can be doing something while waiting, instead of constantly loading and dropping buttballs.

So the proposed queues improves everything for everyone. There is no downside.

Edited by Stellarcrusade