Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

CSR is a joke. I can't even cancel my subscription to this game!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
CSR is a joke. I can't even cancel my subscription to this game!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AndantePhist
12.28.2011 , 07:54 AM | #1
What a joke, right now I can't even cancel my subscription to this game, because it says my account is still disabled due to a in game ban.

I sent a dispute for this ban FOUR DAYS AGO (some troll reported me) and all I received was this after waiting a few days.

I am Protocol Droid G4-S0 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your dispute in the 1 week suspension. Regarding disputes, please send an email to swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Really? You freaking serious? So I figured that, well maybe they will send me a decision in a reasonable amount of time... NOPE, 2 days later still nothing.

I even called CSR a day ago and asked to have my subscription canceled. I did receive a courteous representative... too bad he had no power to do anything though. He just told me that they had my dispute, and they will contact me... its been over a day and nothing.

It sickens me that I have to stay subscribed to this farce and that the option to unsubscribe would be disabled. There should at least be the courtesy to let me know whats going on especially have 4-5 days that its been. Had CSR sent me back a message saying "We apologize, but your dispute is rejected/not strong enough" or "we are further investigating, please be patient", I would have been perfectly fine with that, at least I know my dispute was looked into (even if it was a glance) instead of receiving BS replies like "we received your dispute... now email us AGAIN!!!".

Oh, happy holidays Bioware, I'm glad to know you guys care.

Alexsama
12.28.2011 , 07:56 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by AndantePhist View Post
What a joke, right now I can't even cancel my subscription to this game, because it says my account is still disabled due to a in game ban.

I sent a dispute for this ban FOUR DAYS AGO (some troll reported me) and all I received was this after waiting a few days.

I am Protocol Droid G4-S0 of Human-Cyborg Relations...

I have received your transmission regarding your dispute in the 1 week suspension. Regarding disputes, please send an email to swtoraccountdisputes@bioware.com

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Really? You freaking serious? So I figured that, well maybe they will send me a decision in a reasonable amount of time... NOPE, 2 days later still nothing.

I even called CSR a day ago and asked to have my subscription canceled. I did receive a courteous representative... too bad he had no power to do anything though. He just told me that they had my dispute, and they will contact me... its been over a day and nothing.

It sickens me that I have to stay subscribed to this farce and that the option to unsubscribe would be disabled. There should at least be the courtesy to let me know whats going on especially have 4-5 days that its been. Had CSR sent me back a message saying "We apologize, but your dispute is rejected/not strong enough" or "we are further investigating, please be patient", I would have been perfectly fine with that, at least I know my dispute was looked into (even if it was a glance) instead of receiving BS replies like "we received your dispute... now email us AGAIN!!!".

Oh, happy holidays Bioware, I'm glad to know you guys care.
Since you are clearly logged in right now just use the "My Account" to end the sub. No questions (well some but anyways no human interaction) is needed.
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR

AndantePhist
12.28.2011 , 07:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
Since you are clearly logged in right now just use the "My Account" to end the sub. No questions (well some but anyways no human interaction) is needed.
nope, I can log into my acount but if I click on account and subscriptions it says this

ACCOUNT SUMMARY

This account has been banned from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ service and you can no longer access the account. Please check the email notification we have sent to the email address associated with this SWTOR account for more information.

SUBSCRIPTION

You have been banned from the service and can no longer play.

see how big of a joke it is?

Boancrush
12.28.2011 , 07:59 AM | #4
Waaaaah....

Alexsama
12.28.2011 , 08:00 AM | #5
nope, I can log into my acount but if I click on account and subscriptions it says this

ACCOUNT SUMMARY

This account has been banned from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ service and you can no longer access the account. Please check the email notification we have sent to the email address associated with this SWTOR account for more information.

SUBSCRIPTION

You have been banned from the service and can no longer play.

see how big of a joke it is?
WoW that is ******* up. If it is a perma-ban you shouldn't have to worry about the card. Otherwise I guess you can wait until you get access then end the sub then.
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR

AndantePhist
12.28.2011 , 08:04 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexsama View Post
WoW that is ******* up. If it is a perma-ban you shouldn't have to worry about the card. Otherwise I guess you can wait until you get access then end the sub then.
True, I could wait a few days, but it's still messed up that they would disable my option to unsubscribe from a game. I've played lots of mmos and this is the first time I've ever seen the option to unsubscribed blocked for any reason, I was like *** O.o when I realized temp ban also meant temp ban from canceling subscription.

Alexsama
12.28.2011 , 08:06 AM | #7
True, I could wait a few days, but it's still messed up that they would disable my option to unsubscribe from a game. I've played lots of mmos and this is the first time I've ever seen the option to unsubscribed blocked for any reason, I was like *** O.o when I realized temp ban also meant temp ban from canceling subscription.

Thank you for reporting the situation... I will be advised of such situations if I ever "encounter" them myself...
ERROR CODE 7 WARRIOR

ChipHazard
12.28.2011 , 08:07 AM | #8
I would think that it's a mistake or an oversight on their part. Wouldn't make sense to force people to actually pay for an extra month if you get a temp ban close to the end of a month.
I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Castellan Crowe - Hydian Way.

Conveeyor
12.28.2011 , 08:10 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Please understand that we are not discussing the reason for a suspension or everything involved in it on a public forum.

In case you want to contact our customer support feel free to do so via e-mail or our phone hotline.

Thank you.

Conveeyor | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

AndantePhist
12.28.2011 , 08:11 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ChipHazard View Post
I would think that it's a mistake or an oversight on their part. Wouldn't make sense to force people to actually pay for an extra month if you get a temp ban close to the end of a month.
I don't know if its oversight though. I did call CSR on the phone to have my subscription cancelled since I couldn't do it online which is technically bypassing the online block , but they couldn't do it because my ban dispute was still in system or something.