tier 5 gear made only by crafting - again players will quit

Uebli

so if they really made this i think many players will quit again. i play only pvp in this game , and for the ressources you must play operations , so the prices for the ressources will be very expensive. We see this in last time.

i see already int he past another game wich has a great pvp concept, but it dies because devolopers make it more and more pay 2 win.... today i see there 5-10 players on an server :D

so if they really made this i think many players will quit again. i play only pvp in this game , and for the ressources you must play operations , so the prices for the ressources will be very expensive. We see this in last time.

i see already int he past another game wich has a great pvp concept, but it dies because devolopers make it more and more pay 2 win.... today i see there 5-10 players on an server :D

We know nothing about the details so no point to make up scenarios yet.... They might have thrown to bait with T5 to see the reaction and make changes to how it's implemented on the way.

This game isn't pay to win because you can buy the resources with in game currency to craft the gear, and the problem here being you and many others(maybe myself too)refusing to take part in those parts of the game that gives you the means to make the gear.

How will it be implemented ?

I thought about it a lot this weekend and I was wondering about the possibility of paying a crafter to make the gear, BUT.... it's 90% sure that if it's crafting only, the gear will be bound to character which means that a crafter won't be able to make it for you. You have to craft it yourself, pump up crew skills and comp influence for that.

For me this means that I am forced to do something I don't ***ing want in order to get that gear. Despite Bioware telling you bed time stories about this gear being for raiders and bla bla... PVP-ers will need it too, cause those who get it will be at an advantage.

Also.. Imagine Jeff.. who just hit 70 for the first time and wonders how to gear up. What will happen when he finds out how much of a grind it is ?

I thought BW was flirting with bringing back pvp specific gear as well. If so, then having a gear set that requires ops for pve isn't bad. Honestly, the best pvp seasons in the game had pvp specific gearing.

But, if they make it so that you have to run ops to get pvp gear, that's always been a mistake. Their design for 5.0 was to make it so that you could get gear that was good for both pve and pvp no matter how you chose to play, but they also massively nerfed the ability to earn gear quickly. So alts became useless, and 99% of the pvpers I see today don't run t3, let alone t4, so the gear is way less balanced than before. But, if you made pvp gear easy to get again, then the whole purpose of endgame ops is shot if you don't make pve specific gear.

In the end a vast majority of people probably liked the idea of combining the gear because "play your way" sounded nice, but it ended up taking the fun our of a lot of playstyles. A reversion would be welcome. And for goodness sake, take gearing out of the loot box system. That should be cosmetic only.

Are you even sure the gear will be that good without set bonuses? Also I wouldn't hold out hope for Bioware actually going back to separate PvP gear. Making ranked ques an easy source of upgrade components is testament that they want more players, even just warm bodies, queuing up for PvP never mind if they're geared or experienced enough according to the dedicated PvP base. It would surprise me if they went back to enabling PvE folks to never touch PvP without sacrifice, although with the Summer of PvP gimmick closing out I could be wrong.

That is not even a reason to quit. Seriously stop complaining everytime

first, dont tell what to i have to do....you can make this by your kids maybe :rolleyes: ... and when i have to say someting i say it .... thats the sense of a forum :D you can stay happy in your heal world

of course its a reason, and its the opinion of many other players too ! why they merge servers , why they made cross faction.....all of lower population . And crafting tier is the next reason for lower population on servers

first, dont tell what to i have to do....you can make this by your kids maybe :rolleyes: ... and when i have to say someting i say it .... thats the sense of a forum :D you can stay happy in your heal world

of course its a reason, and its the opinion of many other players too ! why they merge servers , why they made cross faction.....all of lower population . And crafting tier is the next reason for lower population on servers

No. You are just wrong. If gear is a reason to quit a game then you are doing something wrong fam

Can you write the same thread in general discussion topic so that devs would see it? They arent reading pvp forum

As people said, we do not have any information on this yet! How can you already be in stress because of this? I am pretty sure they will come up with a way for everyone to get the gear (if they really need it). Even if the system will be bad people can complain on forums and force them to change it, that has been happening quite a lot lately that Devs simply listened to the players so have no fear :)

Anything we craft from T1 to T5 needs to be simple to find resources inside the game area. No rare issue to find resources and who wants to spend your rest of your life hours for resources and craft items. This is just a game. Crafting items don't belong in OP missions and warzone. Move all crafting items away from OP and warzone and move it to crafting trader. Get rid-of rare dropping and speed up game goals. Richie Rich sale person get higher on their sales on player vendor than increase credit drop reward a bunch more for get rid-of Richie Rich player salesman.

Simply put if one segment or the population(PVErs) have to grind, then so should (PVPers). The problem is many pvpers want to jump into top tier gear like they could in past, before GC/5.0 when they built up a boat load of warzone comms between gear level cap increases.

You think all PVErs enjoyed running redundant weeklies to repeat old content to get their gear just because it was technically in the pve realm, or will like to craft stuff......well they don't like it either. I'm sure there will be a pathway to get the required mats from playing both pve and pvp...am I right devs?

Maybe the most democratic way is to get the necessary mats is to make mats tied to cxp or able to be purchased with command tokens earned or require some number of iokath recombinators.

Simply put if one segment or the population(PVErs) have to grind, then so should (PVPers). The problem is many pvpers want to jump into top tier gear like they could in past, before GC/5.0 when they built up a boat load of warzone comms between gear level cap increases.

You think all PVErs enjoyed running redundant weeklies to repeat old content to get their gear just because it was technically in the pve realm, or will like to craft stuff......well they don't like it either. I'm sure there will be a pathway to get the required mats from playing both pve and pvp...am I right devs?

Maybe the most democratic way is to get the necessary mats is to make mats tied to cxp or able to be purchased with command tokens earned or require some number of iokath recombinators.

Why should pvpers have to grind? They mainly only pvp and don’t do other content. It’s completely ridiculous to put gear grind behind a MM operation wall. Do you expect us to go play MM ops so we can grind gear for pvp?

The whole concept is ridiculous and so is you argument that pvpers should have to grind if pvers do.

Edited by Totemdancer

Why should pvpers have to grind? They mainly only pvp and don’t do other content. It’s completely ridiculous to put gear grind behind a MM operation wall. Do you expect us to go play MM ops so we can grind gear for pvp?

The whole concept is ridiculous and so is you argument that pvpers should have to grind if pvers do.

Agreed, if only the rare PvPers who have an OPS group can get full BiS, thats the end of PvP. I'll wait for 6.0 to come out in that case.