Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafted gear for Tier 5 (Fall Roadmap 2018)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Crafted gear for Tier 5 (Fall Roadmap 2018)

blodvite
09.06.2018 , 04:49 AM | #21
Just buff bolster to 252 or whatever the **** the new level will be and be done with it.

Crafted gear is so mindblowingly bad when mats accessibility is a *****how
T1, All Seasons.

RIP TOFN.

Mubrak
09.06.2018 , 05:54 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by blodvite View Post
Just buff bolster to 252 or whatever the **** the new level will be and be done with it.
This.

If they really want to maintain some gear progression for PVP, an alternative to bolstering to or above the max rating would be an additional stat cap similar to how level sync works. Sync everyone down to 246 rating, so there still is some room for pvp gear progression. A rating of 248+ will then only be relevant for raids.
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

BlissDivine
09.06.2018 , 06:22 AM | #23
But I haven't even gotten a full set of gold augments on any one of my toons yet. . .

TrixxieTriss
09.06.2018 , 06:43 AM | #24
Agreed

SubjugatorX
09.06.2018 , 06:54 AM | #25
Given state of the game economy this sounds like a horrible idea

Stellarcrusade
09.06.2018 , 07:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Mats will probably only be available in Master Mode ops or ranked pvp. They hinted on the twitch stream at it being MM ops only.
I highly doubt they will make it easy to get from vendors.
This would be a disasterous decision. Most players do not have a master mode group, nor do they like ranked. Which creates a problem for PvPers that do not like ranked. They just have to stop pvping i guess until 6.0 comes out.

Syal
09.06.2018 , 07:38 AM | #27
New tier 5
  • with unassembled YES,
  • by crafintg, NO !
SWTOR since 2012 !
Guild Force Unifiée French PVE
The Leviathan

mhobin
09.06.2018 , 11:02 AM | #28

Agreed

TrixxieTriss
09.06.2018 , 06:42 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Stellarcrusade View Post
This would be a disasterous decision. Most players do not have a master mode group, nor do they like ranked. Which creates a problem for PvPers that do not like ranked. They just have to stop pvping i guess until 6.0 comes out.
Means pay to win for those people who have the credits because the crafters will be able to ask any price.
So most other players will still have tier 3-4 gear (Augments are a defacto tier 4).
There won’t be much difference at all in regs. Most people are so bad that even the best gear doesn’t help them.

Sure you’ll get those twinked geared people occasionally in regs, but they’ll either be high ranked players who would kill you naked (so their gear doesn’t matter) or they will be people who need to pay for stupidly priced gear to get an advantage to win. If they are MM ops crafters themselves, then there is a chance they are mediocre pvpers (as a lot of pve people are).

I think it will all come down to how the mats and schematics are collected. If they are only in MM ops, then prices will be stupidly high and the average ranked players won’t even have tier 5.
If the mats and schematics are in ranked also, then every real ranked dplayer will have tier 5 and a lot of regs will too because everyone will farm them in ranked, regardless of skill. Which means ranked will become as bad as regs and they may as well rename it “arena queue”.

It’s a no win situation. The best solution for pvpers is for seperate gear or to raise Bolster above the tier 5 so that gear doesn’t matter.

Exly
09.08.2018 , 12:44 PM | #30

You're right, but that probably means that there is zero percent chance that BioWare will agree with you.