Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Got charged by Origin the 60 buck, and no Product info at all

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Got charged by Origin the 60 buck, and no Product info at all

RedSilence
12.13.2011 , 04:54 PM | #1
So I bought the game. I used the ClickandBuy payment function, which has not had an issue before. I get an email saying they charged me, and so I check on my status and sure enough I got charged the 60 bucks. The Description of who I am sending the money too is; "Digital River - CPG Production USD - EA *Origin.com order *****"

This wouldn't be an issue, if I had got a confirmation from Origin that my product was payed for, and got my product code. Well I try to find my account info, which Origin's site is stupidely set up to where I can't view any account information whatsoever. I have to go to EA's site in order to see anything that isn't "shopping." I then, after spending 30 minutes trying to find it, find the "order history" section in the Orders and Billing area.

Pending Orders
No pending orders...

Current Orders
No current orders...

Past Orders
No past orders...

So my main question is, WHERE DID MY MONEY GO!? I wouldn't give a crap if I knew I had at least gotten the game. I have gotten no email and no customer service whatsoever from the EA and Origin side of things, and so I now am forced to come here and hope for a miracle on what's going on.

Any information is better than nothing, so please help. Thank you in advance for anything you can do.

RedSilence
12.13.2011 , 05:07 PM | #2
also I have specific information I could give for the link number and order numbers and whatnot, so please let me know if you can email me or something. I already sent an email to the support also, but if anyone has information to give here it'll be greatly appreciated.

Qualified
12.13.2011 , 05:16 PM | #3
You should have been taken to a page that has the key on it, also .. an email was sent out with the key on it, at least That's how it went for me with Origin + Paypal... Your payment method may have been different..

(Mine says the same thing about orders too)

Brawlin
12.13.2011 , 05:18 PM | #4
lol maybe u accedently bought some other crap? hit the wrong button?

Hypernetic
12.13.2011 , 05:21 PM | #5
My game doesn't show up in Origin either. I however have the order "submitted" in my order history.

I contacted EA support and spoke to some moron who kept telling me to enter my pre-order code. I told him that I already did that and that the problem I had was the the game wasn't showing up in Origin. I am worried because I don't want the 20th to roll around and be screwed talking to support for 12 hours.

So he tells me to go to SWTOR.com and enter the pre-order code... again. I calmly explained the situation to him for a forth time and then he asks me "Why you search game in Origin?" to which I replied "Because I bought the game through Origin?". He then tells me yet again to go to SWTOR.com and enter the preorder code.... Eventually he just gives me a 1-800 number. I thank him for wasting my time (70 minutes waiting in line for a CSR plus 20 minutes talking to him) and he thanks me for contacting support.

What a joke, after B2K and ToR support crap blows over I'm going to contact EA and give them a piece of my mind. The guy is a complete idiot and has no business working in customer support.

Kaliante
12.13.2011 , 05:35 PM | #6
The good thing is you will get an e-mail with a key you can use whether or not the gane shows in Origin (I guess on the 16th last I heard). By the way, are you sure the Origin drop down list didn't somehow get changed from "Show All" to "Recently Played?"

RedSilence
12.13.2011 , 06:04 PM | #7
So I just got off from the instant messaging help. They were not helpful at all, and I ended up getting my email a few minutes after I mention it to him. After which I asked him about my code (as my email didn't show the code for the game, just the preorder) so I asked him about when I could expect it.

He told me that no one would be receiving their code until the 20th. I then told him the info I had seen and heard like everyone else about the 16th, and he just denied it and didn't have any links or information whatsoever. I then asked him if they expected to send it to us on the 20th at midnight or just randomly sometime that day, at which he didn't give an actual answer, more of an "idk but I'm customer service so here's some bs."

Anyways, I got my email 40 minutes after I bought my product, and still don't have my code and no information. Freaken EA and Origins are BOTH horrible and I would'nt suggest using them at all.