Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to merge the US servers... again. Primetime window getting smaller and smaller.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Time to merge the US servers... again. Primetime window getting smaller and smaller.

Talon_strikes
08.17.2018 , 02:33 PM | #1
The lack of real expansions and sluggish content update cadences have really hurt this game in the long run. Satele Shan is dying. Primetime window gets smaller and smaller and ranked PvP won't pop generally until it's almost ET evening hours. Even SF is very quiet until ET evening hours.

This is also another Shadowlands vs. Jedi Covenent situation. Two same servers competing for the exact same demographic. There is no reason to have 2 separate servers keeping the vast majority who do the same things away from each other.

I think the reasoning that keeping 2 servers due to "technical limitations" is a cop out, too. This game has bled out so much of its population that it frankly only needs 1 server, and you guys certainly have the hardware and knowledge to maintain that for the rest who play this game on a regular basis. The server won't be overbloated, that's for sure.

Please merge the servers. You're doing what little players remain a disservice by not doing so.
Do you want free 7 days of subscription time? And one free server transfer?
With a bundle of goodies? And obtain these rewards every 90 days?
Then click my referral link and login to an existing account, or create a new one, for these rewards today! Don't forget to bookmark it too!

Zerileth
08.17.2018 , 03:11 PM | #2
You know how you got one of them things that pushes waste out? You're about to get another one. Look out! Incoming!
Is this where we get the popcorn?
. <--------just this little dot

xordevoreaux
08.17.2018 , 03:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
Please merge the servers. You're doing what little players remain a disservice by not doing so.
And when they're merged, and nothing changes... then what?
If they do it, they do it, but there's no magic in a merge at this point.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

MadDutchman
08.17.2018 , 03:40 PM | #4
Hah, and what gives you the technical qualifications to say whether they can handle it all on one server?

I remember the last merger, and the servers were having a rough time handling it for the first couple weeks.

It's summer, populations are lower, and it's still more crowded than I like.

Go start whining about cross server queues instead, then you won't disrupt the rest of us. Again.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Lunafox
08.17.2018 , 03:50 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MadDutchman View Post
Hah, and what gives you the technical qualifications to say whether they can handle it all on one server?

I remember the last merger, and the servers were having a rough time handling it for the first couple weeks.

It's summer, populations are lower, and it's still more crowded than I like.

Go start whining about cross server queues instead, then you won't disrupt the rest of us. Again.

This^^ 100% I do NOT want another merge and we don't need one.

You don't speak for me OP. Another merge would be a disservice to me.
💥The galaxy is ours to grasp. Let us reach!💥

Bakgrind
08.17.2018 , 03:51 PM | #6
I don't think the games stability would be all that good and simply would not handle the presumed "small" amount of people on one server.

casirabit
08.17.2018 , 03:52 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
This^^ 100% I do NOT want another merge and we don't need one.
This.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

xordevoreaux
08.17.2018 , 04:12 PM | #8
People complained about dead servers.
So we went from 17 servers to 5.
People are now complaining about dead servers.
Maybe we'll go from 5 to 1.
People will then... [guess]

Merges don't matter now. Content does.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

Kiesu
08.17.2018 , 04:17 PM | #9
I'm starting to wonder if their current server system can even carry everyone from two servers. We have massive lag issues every time there is a content update which attracts more than the usual amount of people around.
Maybe it's just a coincidence but it really has been quite alarming.
Refer! - Alignment funzies - Artsy trashbin -
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

BenKatarn
08.17.2018 , 04:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_strikes View Post
Please merge the servers.
No amount of server merging is going to save this game's population if people have no fun doing what this game is offering and keep investing time (and money) into it.
- = = The Atrias Legacy = = -
Aryne, Jedi Sentinel | Cayra, Jedi Sage | Kherra, Scoundrel | Khenna, Vanguard
Vertos, Sith Juggernaut | Zedas, Sith Sorcerer | Ysari, Sniper | Neith, Powertech