Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Embarrasingly slow download speed.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Embarrasingly slow download speed.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GagaGazoo
12.28.2011 , 06:45 AM | #1
Ok. This is it. Second dissapointment from Origin store. 1st one is BF3.
This is some kind of conspiracy?
I downloading SWTOR 20 hours so far, and not done yet.
download speed is about 200-300 kb/sec. How i supposed to donwload 15gb that way?
I'm not suprised that support ticket is pending 10 hours so far. And no info about this issue on so-called FAQ.
What is wrong?
What should i do to play game i bought by MONEY, subscribed by MONEY?

ocping
12.29.2011 , 01:52 AM | #2
The download speed limit of 300KBps is indeed a joke. I'm already regretting buying this game but I just hope it'll finish soon so I can actually PLAY instead of having the download process eat up the subscription time.

Hermesetas
12.29.2011 , 10:50 AM | #3
well you guys seem to be lucky i get 165.5 - 165.8.... im banging my head into my keyboard... FIX IT!!

renegadeimp
12.29.2011 , 10:51 AM | #4
The download is going to be restricted due to hundreds of thousands of people downloading it.

Be patient.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

hitik
12.29.2011 , 01:05 PM | #5
also now it is really pain. I buy this game in the vision that i will start plaing this game by today so i just buy it and now i know that the download thanks to the really top speed 300 kb/s will not be finished in time. So i will start plaing this game after new year and this will waste 4 days of payment. For the smart people which will be saing something like that the game will not be dowloading for 4 days yes you are right. But tommorow i am heading to the vacation. So if i were aware of the fact that this dowload speed from servers is like that i will ever buy it in this year. Thank you.

Yaoguai
12.29.2011 , 01:24 PM | #6
Although I'm currently using an extremely fast connection (16gb Fiber Channel) I'm still only reaching 2.5-5mbps. There really isn't an excuse for this when you're making millions of dollars a month.

There are never hundreds of thousands of people downloading the client at once except for maybe on the release date. Even if there was it wouldn't matter with the sheer amount of brute force you can cram into a couple of racks these days.

sirhiss
12.29.2011 , 05:52 PM | #7
Dear Bioware webstaff,

This should take a qualified individual a day with a long lunch to fix.

You're serving data from lighty and Im pretty sure you are serving the data DIRECTLY FROM DISK when you should be SERVING FROM MEMORY. Its called CACHEING.

https://www.varnish-cache.org/

Its easy and free! Please USE IT!

Sincerely
Downloading and waiting for 3 DAYS

Kewack
12.29.2011 , 06:00 PM | #8
You guys are way lucky compared to me. You know the highest KB/s I have got? 176KB/s is the highest I have seen it but it hangs around 80KB/s to 150KB/s if I get over 150KB/s I think its fast. Also your lucky if you don't get the loop problem which I have been getting but I have been on the game for about 10 minutes so far awesome but my computers a bit laggy but at least I'm able to play.
Star Wars Clone Wars Adventures
Name: Boba Whiphitch
Guild: Leader of Shotem Order

nastyheat
12.29.2011 , 06:17 PM | #9
ive been downloading this thing all day and its not even 5% I dont think it will download as is bio needs to do something about it or im gona start looking for a refund

gintoxin
12.30.2011 , 06:13 AM | #10
I'm getting somithing like 28 kps here in Switzerland. This is really is horrible. I'm paying 25 usd a month for that..... what the HELL!!