I never thought it would happen...

Lundorff

...but I finally did it :D

And right on the dot no less!

Please indulge my childish exuberance here; I know many of you have multiple golds at this point, but this is my first real season and it has been an experience to say the least. And it only took 1126 matches :rolleyes:

I was rage for several hundred for those matches, but sadly it is simply not viable at the moment. At least not in SR. The DR from vengeance is absolutely critical to have any hope of not being too big of a burden, and the class is generally in need of an anti-focus of some kind. I could have gone tank as most do - especially now - and I did try it for about 50-70 of those matches, but it never really clicked for me. That is to say, I like the tanking aspect of being a tank, but I don't care for also be needing to do a ton of damage.

Climbing from 1200 to about 1400 was not overly problematic, but from there it became nearly impossible to reach 1500. It was a constant up and down thing, and it was only quite recent that I finally broke into 1500. And from there things became much easier. Not to say there wasn't a few setbacks, but playing at +1550 compared to +1300 is like night and day. You suddenly have teammates that can carry your sorry a**, and the level of experience and strategy is simply much better.

Does this mean a DPS jugg viable in SR? I think it is a question about expectations and tenacity. There are certainly matches where the class can shine (healer / tank / stacked), and in those beautiful moments the class can actually carry a bit. Sadly those moments are rare and generally speaking I would rate the class somewhere between less than okay and a downright burden. Individual skill is nearly everything, and I fully realize I still have much to learn -- but perhaps not as much as from the start of the season :cool:

Edited by Lundorff

GJ dude. Glad that you achieved it through persistence and improvement :) not easy to climb on Jugger dps especially with stuff that goes on DM but but shows that ppl can reach what they want if they try and improve.

Hopefully S10 will be better and with lots of participation!

GJ dude. Glad that you achieved it through persistence and improvement :) not easy to climb on Jugger dps especially with stuff that goes on DM but but shows that ppl can reach what they want if they try and improve.

Hopefully S10 will be better and with lots of participation!

Good job dude...

You just proved Jugg is somewhat viable if you know how to play it. ;)

My rating has gone down from 1300 to around 850 now, I am mara.. How do I even reach 1500 from there ? Not possible, but I am happy that you managed to get that high. How much further is gold ? Get gold and prove that Jugg DPS is viable.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Good job dude...

You just proved Jugg is somewhat viable if you know how to play it. ;)

My rating has gone down from 1300 to around 850 now, I am mara.. How do I even reach 1500 from there ? Not possible, but I am happy that you managed to get that high. How much further is gold ? Get gold and prove that Jugg DPS is viable.

Thank you mate - gold is 1750, so gold / goal archived :)

Congrats man, I have respect for DPS Juggs that can hit silver in solo ranked. I play on SS and have banged my head against the wall with my Jugg all season. The highest I got was 1489 and was nearly on the cusp of that silver rating in solo rating (got silver in group ranked) but then went on a 4 game losing streak and each loss was big rating losses, and that was it for me, couldn't be bothered anymore to try and hit silver in solo ranked.

You are right though, my best games where I was able to fully beast out was when I had a good healer and some guards, but the 4 DPS meme games are the ones that Jugg just isn't up to par with merc/mara/sin/sniper. It's in those games where you hope you have the good players to finish everyone off after you inevitably get 4 man tunneled.

Edited by DenariusJay

...but I finally did it :D

And right on the dot no less!

Please indulge my childish exuberance here; I know many of you have multiple golds at this point, but this is my first real season and it has been an experience to say the least. And it only took 1126 matches :rolleyes:

I was rage for several hundred for those matches, but sadly it is simply not viable at the moment. At least not in SR. The DR from vengeance is absolutely critical to have any hope of not being too big of a burden, and the class is generally in need of an anti-focus of some kind. I could have gone tank as most do - especially now - and I did try it for about 50-70 of those matches, but it never really clicked for me. That is to say, I like the tanking aspect of being a tank, but I don't care for also be needing to do a ton of damage.

GG bro :) Id really love to know who you are ingame? Are you on Darth Malgus? I really enjoy your forum posts and could use a guy more on my FL... I like your style :)

Climbing from 1200 to about 1400 was not overly problematic, but from there it became nearly impossible to reach 1500. It was a constant up and down thing, and it was only quite recent that I finally broke into 1500. And from there things became much easier. Not to say there wasn't a few setbacks, but playing at +1550 compared to +1300 is like night and day. You suddenly have teammates that can carry your sorry a**, and the level of experience and strategy is simply much better.

Does this mean a DPS jugg viable in SR? I think it is a question about expectations and tenacity. There are certainly matches were the class can shine (healer / tank / stacked), and in those beautiful moments the class can actually carry a bit. Sadly those moments are rare and generally speaking I would rate the class somewhere between less than okay and a downright burden. Individual skill is nearly everything, and I fully realize I still have much to learn -- but perhaps not as much as from the start of the season :cool:

GG Bro, Id really like to know who you are in game cuz I like your style :) As far as I know you play on DM as well? I could use another guy on my FL for sure :)

Thank you - I don't do TR, but I am Vader on DM.

I only do tr quite rarely... I mainly play SR and Regs ^^

I know you lol... have seen you quite often in SR already... Im quite certain you know me too lol :) Aby'zz

So +1 to my FL

I only do tr quite rarely... I mainly play SR and Regs ^^

I know you lol... have seen you quite often in SR already... Im quite certain you know me too lol :) Aby'zz

So +1 to my FL

Yup we have talked in-game, but I don't recall if I was on Vader at the point. I play way too many characters :p

congrats bruh

Thank you dear :)