Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bring Back The Original PT/VG Patch 3.0 - 4.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Bring Back The Original PT/VG Patch 3.0 - 4.0

zorngodofall's Avatar


zorngodofall
07.25.2018 , 09:02 PM | #11
Okay so a few things.. PT's don't need a buff in pve. At all. Full stop. AP is the highest sustained (and overall) burst spec it's not funny. It's a bit asinine it even has 10m abilities considering it's doing top tier melee level damage. Not to mention pyro shield and other point blank effects.

As someone who does a lot of high end raiding (5-6) nights of either full clears of nim or apex boss pulls i can see for sure you are just flat out wrong. What PT's lack in DCD's or raid uility, they make up for in raw damage output, with either spec. PT's are basically a requirement for taking down brontes, while pyro doing less there, still has better burn parses than any other melee class aside from the top 0.01% of melee who can do 8k+ at burn. If anything, their needs to be a redesign of AP and somewhat of a nerf to pyro to bring it in line with other classes.
For the reasons said above. It's got the lowest APM requirments for any melee class (which all require more, and are worse)

For pvp, that's a different monster entirely. I'm not a major pvper but i do understand how flimsy the basic design of pt's is. Honestly, they need to scrap the entire idea of a glass cannon, nerf the damage moderately, and provide it with some form of utility and more DCD's. PT tanka should be changed as well, seeing how unviable those tanks are for a lot of fights.

My two cents

Grxsr's Avatar


Grxsr
07.25.2018 , 10:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AdjeYo View Post
I don't think it's fair to write all of these off as PvP nerfs. I can concede that most of these changes were probably made with PvP in mind, but their impact on PvE isn't nonexistant. The range nerfs do hurt in PvE, at times where one has to be at further range, but just doesn't have the ability to dish out the same damage as before. The nerf to hydraulics also has a pretty significant impact on certain bosses, think Revan hm. But most of all both nerfs to Shoulder Cannon are very much relevant in PvE, for AP especially. Having Shoulder Cannon take three times as long to unload all its damage very much affects burst, combined with the nerf to healing per rocket means we're not healing 21% health over 10.5 seconds rather than 35% over 3.5 seconds, pretty significant difference for a defensive if you ask me.

Now I'm not saying these nerfs were undeserved or that turning the clock back is going to fix PTs, I'm just saying that is just not true that PTs have not been nerfed since 3.0. They have been nerfed, multiple times and in ways impacting both PvE and PvP.
Thank You!
its exactly what I was trying to say, sorry I didn't provide additional information, and facts are the same in which PT were an excellent mid-range class. In fact they were so good as Tank that guilds will only used 1 skillful PT tank for their Hm ToS ops.

And as mid - ranged dps players were very effective at handling any pvp scenario or could be used as excellent rdps for pve or pvp. Nowadays PT/VG are living proof that someone didn't attend their Math Class.. '

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
07.26.2018 , 03:35 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Truth hurts. Tell us how PTs have been significantly nerfed since 3.0 and 4.0. Not comparitively, because that part is true, but actually flat out nerfed in any significant way.
Range for starters. Or did you forget that?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

Eksenia's Avatar


Eksenia
07.26.2018 , 04:49 AM | #14
2.0 pyro PT for life yo!
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
07.26.2018 , 08:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Range for starters. Or did you forget that?
No I didnt. But if you think that moving ranged for a couple abilities fron 15m to 10m was a significant PT nerf in PvE, then you were probably playing it wrong. As someone else pointed out, PT is one of the strongest DPS classes in PvE right now, just as it was in 3.0 and 4.0.

And as I pointed out, if you think getting 15m range back is gonna make it so PTs arent globabled in PvP instead of getting an actual defensive, than more power to you.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
07.26.2018 , 08:31 AM | #16
I believe the 10m range changes, shoulder cannons, and hydraulics change went into effect in 4.0, yet the OP lists the 4.0 guide as evidence of how the devs should revert the class/spec.

Let's stop trying to interpret what the OP intended with his post, and let him explain it. Because it seems like even he doesn't know what he intended to post.

DPS-wise, the spec is pretty much the same now as it was in 3.x, except for the changes AdjeYo listed.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

Grxsr's Avatar


Grxsr
07.26.2018 , 11:52 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I believe the 10m range changes, shoulder cannons, and hydraulics change went into effect in 4.0, yet the OP lists the 4.0 guide as evidence of how the devs should revert the class/spec.

Let's stop trying to interpret what the OP intended with his post, and let him explain it. Because it seems like even he doesn't know what he intended to post.

DPS-wise, the spec is pretty much the same now as it was in 3.x, except for the changes AdjeYo listed.
Okay I get it. You don't like PT/VG, but doesn't mean you have to come here and bash does who do. There are other forums out there, see if you can contribute something positive to those. Don't like the class, don't play it.

Btw: how's nerfing Mercs workout for you?? You ask for Mercs survivability to be tone down and instead they nerf the dps lol.. if I was you I'll stop posting.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
07.26.2018 , 12:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Grxsr View Post
Okay I get it. You don't like PT/VG, but doesn't mean you have to come here and bash does who do. There are other forums out there, see if you can contribute something positive to those. Don't like the class, don't play it.

Btw: how's nerfing Mercs workout for you?? You ask for Mercs survivability to be tone down and instead they nerf the dps lol.. if I was you I'll stop posting.
I regularly play PT. My first HM ops clears were made on my AP PT.
Our dps is fine.

If you want 15-30 meter range back, then say so. If you want 30% stun DR back then say so. If you want sticky grenade back, then say so. But nobody knows which changes you want back because you didn't say. 3.0 PT is vastly different from 4.0 PT. 4.0 PT and 5.0 PT are virtually the same.

And I don't know what nerfing mercs has to do with me.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
07.26.2018 , 06:25 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I regularly play PT. My first HM ops clears were made on my AP PT.
Our dps is fine.

If you want 15-30 meter range back, then say so. If you want 30% stun DR back then say so. If you want sticky grenade back, then say so. But nobody knows which changes you want back because you didn't say. 3.0 PT is vastly different from 4.0 PT. 4.0 PT and 5.0 PT are virtually the same.

And I don't know what nerfing mercs has to do with me.
What would I want? Some range back. Even at 15m for a lot of abilities would be fine.
Our charge attack back to level 2.
Better defenses in some way. Passive mitigation, some of the defenses the Merc got. IDC. Something!
3 get rid of Translocate for something useful on shield tech.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

TalonVII's Avatar


TalonVII
07.27.2018 , 07:01 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
Removing 30m range was basically a buff for people like this in PVE. PTs aren't, and weren't supposed to be considered a rdps, but having so many range attacks (even though they may not have been part of the actual rotation or shouldn't be used any more than in corner cases) made a lot of folks treat them as rdps when they shouldn't.

And how does moving jet charge from 2 to 59 change HM/NIM PVE at all?

Feel free to toss insults when you disagree with someone, I'm sure that makes you lots of friends
I'm not worried aboit making friends with someone on a forum. And I was merely fighting fire with fire.

And PT if you ever read it was suppoed to be a RANGED TANK. That was how it was billed from the beginning. I really don't see the range anymore.

And yes moving the charge attack from lvl 2 to 59 was a nerf cause now newer players have to re adapt at near the end to suddenly having a charge. Where as JUGG/Guard have it ftom the get go and Sin/Shad have stealth very early on.

Coupled with the fact both classes have far better damage mitigagation(hell mercs, snipers and Marauder have better damage mitigation. Hell sorcs have better damage mitigation ) make the PT/VG a straight downgrade as a tank to eithet of the other two tanking.

But back off that tangent, PT/VG were ranged tanks. Not melee, but longer ranged. Now you take away that range, not ranged tanks anymore are they? That's a nerf since a lot of their survivability was built around that range. And nothing was given to compensate loss of range. That my friend(and I use that term loosely) is a NERF. Anything else you'd like to throw at me?
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy