Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I want my Dps sin back. Any hope for a viable sin in 6.0

Letsjet
07.22.2018 , 02:05 PM | #1
Rumors? Thoughts? Any way they could have a spec that gimps defense for increased damage?
I missed the awesome sin days when I could't play. I guess they aint coming back?
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

sithBracer
07.22.2018 , 07:06 PM | #2
Why would they gimp our defense for more dps when they can just gimp it for no reason at all like already did? ah ah see that? Next level BW dev thinking.
Ma'kaela - jedi shadow in training
Mákaela - assassin in the shadows

Opiklo
07.23.2018 , 01:24 AM | #3
sins are fine and viable for any content...
do you want an op roflcopter i have to do nothing spec?
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer on Tulak Hord

Kirtastropohe
07.23.2018 , 09:29 AM | #4
I think DPS sins are at a huge disadvantage now and that's going to get worse with 5.9.2 tanking changes. Healer/tank combo will be even more immortal. With gimped damage and pvp dominated by ranged with myriad slows, roots, etc, our time on target is not as great. We have to be at very close range, for most part, which makes the gimpness they've already done to us sting more. Other classes hit harder and have far more survivability. When it comes to melee for a jedi/sith, sentinel or marauder would seem to be the way to go, especially in 5.9.2.

Yes, DPS sins are still effective for capping and watching everyone else play the game while we guard in stealth, but we are at a disadvantage in many ways.

Hopefully, mercy will be shown to us in 6.0. The cynic in me says no.

Rion_Starkiller
07.24.2018 , 12:41 PM | #5
Infiltration / Deception is fine. Git gud.
-Beruhl / Pewgilist
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Iona_Var
07.26.2018 , 02:32 PM | #6
More than likely, if they do anything about assassin/shadow dps for 6.0, they'll overbuff it then overnerf it like they normally do.
"Fight all you want. In the end, we will prevail." -Dread Master Calphayus

Danve
07.27.2018 , 07:57 PM | #7
Hopefully. They trashed deception. Honestly I'd rather not even have reaping strike and have discharge and ball lightning hit like they used to.

zorngodofall
07.29.2018 , 06:16 PM | #8
Why are there so many of these threads? Sins are fine. They have better DCD's than a mara and more frequent access to things like ball lighting to help mitigate the range issues. Deception has like the second best burst in the game. What part of 'your sin' needs to come back

Kirtastropohe
07.30.2018 , 11:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by zorngodofall View Post
Why are there so many of these threads? Sins are fine. They have better DCD's than a mara and more frequent access to things like ball lighting to help mitigate the range issues. Deception has like the second best burst in the game. What part of 'your sin' needs to come back
I'll take a crack at it. I'm not the best shadow. I'm not the worst. I'd call myself good. I don't feel like the burst is there, at all, to overcome the state of the PvP world in the post 5.0 and especially 5.7 state of things. Survivability, defense, and damage has seemingly increased for the other classes, and they hit in many cases, harder than we do. Our biggest heavy hitter, the 3 (or 4 depending on how you handle things) Proc'd Force breaches thanks force potency, shadow stride, and force cloak reset of force pot, is not going to obliterate any geared person, who isn't a dps shadow. And that's assuming we can stay on target long enough to even do all that. 2 of our attacks have a 10 meter (and given the overabundance of ranged, we're still in the sweet spot for many of our attackers at 11 meters) and the rest of our attacks are 4 or 5 meters.

Given knockbacks, slows, and stuns, it is really doubtful we're on target long enough to take competent ranged down....and disengaging and coming back in a more advantageous circumstance is not possible or viable much of the time. Can we be brutal in certain situations? Yes, but those situations are very rare these days.

We already have issues with skanks, and with the tank changes coming in 5.9.2, I think healer/tank combos will be even more viable than they are now, and that means trouble as those healers are going to better be able to keep the ranged dps alive that obliterates us (and even if we do take care of things, then the OP defenses of our opponents kick in).

As far as our DCDs and survivability, deflection and resilience definitely have great uses, but the removal of our 30% damage reduction on stun is a crippling nerf. The whole concept of glass cannon is that the glass cannon is a viable threat to burst someone down. I just don't feel like we infiltration shadows can do that and that there are more viable options out there. I would suspect a lot of peeps who still use infiltration may switch over to tank. Time will tell, I guess.

Kazz_Devlin
07.31.2018 , 09:27 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by zorngodofall View Post
knock down on spike to pay back the plethora of jugs now infesting most maps only being out numbered by mercs. Oh but it was bad when we knocked peeps down but perfectly fine for jugs to throw halfway across the map and knock us down lame Dev's hypocrisy knows no bounds!
Next I want a fricken heal not some lame ^$%^ percentage of health that is worse than a stim! So if heal on dmg is good for merc and jug sign me up!

yeah if you did that though you take away merc and jugs I win button so not gone happen......BUT KNOCK DOWN ON SPIKE SHOULD BE BROUGHT or turn jugs throw into a stun fair is fair!