Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class icon colors in nameplates are bugged for Inquisitors/Consulars

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server > Bug Reports
Class icon colors in nameplates are bugged for Inquisitors/Consulars

Jerba
07.14.2018 , 08:56 PM | #1
As I'm sure you are aware, the class icons for Inquisitors/Consulars are bugged. This is a very long-standing bug, and it is not a PTS bug. At this point in time, you can probably consider it "working as intended". However, with the cross-faction queueing, it is time that this bug is finally fixed.

If you don't know what I'm talking about: The icon for sages and Assassins is light blue, the one for Sorcerers and Shadows is dark blue.

During a hectic PvP battle, you don't have time to figure out the icon, you can only pay attention to the color. But now with the cross-faction queues in every warzones, you don't know if your enemy is an Imperical or Republic players, so you can't rely on color to figure out the class of your enemy.

This should be a very, very easy fix, just change the color of the icons. I don't care which one gets the light blue and which one gets the dark blue. But each two mirror classes must have the same color.

Note: I am referring to the class icons in nameplates. The class icons show up in other places as well, e.g. the group finder window and some scoreboards. If you can change the colors everywhere, that would be great. But if not, at least change it on the nameplates.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

Jerba
07.20.2018 , 05:35 PM | #2
Still an issue as of the third and final PTS patch. If you can't fix it for 5.9.2, please bump up the priority on this bug so it can be fixed ASAP.

With cross-faciton queueing, mirror classes MUST have the same icon color. It is unreasonable to expect players to look at the icon to figure out what enemy you are fighting; you must be able to determine this based on the icon color.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord