Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.06.2018 , 09:03 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

Please use this thread to post your feedback on the new Rishi Stronghold. A few reminders:
  • The prices on PTS are greatly reduced so that everyone has to opportunity to get into the Stronghold and help test.
  • Final prices will be comparable/slightly higher than the unlock/room costs of the Yavin Stronghold.
  • This thread is for feedback only. If you find Stronghold bugs, please report them in the PTS Bug Report forum.

Beyond any general feedback you may have, also let us know your thoughts on the following:
  • The layout of hooks in each room.
  • The availablity of hook types in each area.
  • The functionality of each of the PvP areas.
  • The functionality of the healing dummy.
Please be as specific as possible in your feedback. Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

rileycohen
07.06.2018 , 03:52 PM | #2
Hi Eric,
I cannot buy the SH as it still costs 2.5mil credits. Is that just me?
Thanks

LadyAdmiral
07.06.2018 , 03:58 PM | #3
Hey I just wanted to pass some congratulations to the team. After Manaan came out, it seemed rushed and not as interesting as it could have been. But the Rishi Stronghold was above and beyond expectations. So very cool and interesting in so many ways. Well done to everyone who worked on it, from those who concepted ideas, those that did the coding to make things like the scoreboard work, and to those who laid out the stronghold as one of the most "organic" strongholds yet.

Here are my questions

1.Was there meant to be some type of "viewing" area for the sky deck? From what I can tell, if you want to participate in a match it's pretty good, but to watch a match you can only see it through the yellow forcefield. UPDATE: The Rishi Stronghold now has a console that allows players to take control of an un-targetable, stealthed, non-combat droid. This Droid allows players to better see PvP action in the Stronghold.

2. Once a match has started, can anyone press the "End Scenario" button to end it? Example if you had spectators, could one of those maliciously or accidentally end the match early? It was difficult to test with keys etc but it seems like any random person could press the button and ruin any plans you'd set up.

3. The way it seems to work is that you tell your friends, "Go inside and press yellow or purple for your colors. Everyone who wants to watch stay outside the doors, and everyone who is playing the match make sure to stay inside the arena. Then I will press the button to start the match." However, if you are some random person who wandered into the arena during the match, and are unaffiliated (not purple or yellow), both teams are hostile to you. It seems like you should be teleported outside instead or... something.. I'm not sure. But as it is some random spectator could accidentally be in the middle of the match lol. Which could be fun on its own as an extra hazard but not what I expected.

4. WHY IS THE TURTLES NAME SPEEDY AND WHY IS HE SO CUTE

5. The "hidden treasure chest". Hah! We like it a lot. Question though, when it is "successful" and you see golden credit symbol coming out of the chest, are you supposed to received anything? or is it "just for fun"?
~ Swtorista

EricMusco
07.06.2018 , 04:00 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by rileycohen View Post
Hi Eric,
I cannot buy the SH as it still costs 2.5mil credits. Is that just me?
Thanks
There is a bug where it may require you to have the proper amount to purchase it, but it won't actually deduct the funds. Sometimes relaunching PTS will fix it.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DuchessKristania
07.06.2018 , 04:02 PM | #5
So, I'm a sub, can't seem to get a character to copy to the test server and I don't know where to dl the server in the first place. Can someone help me with this?
#SaveSWTOR

♥Death Should Never Silence Love♥

rileycohen
07.06.2018 , 04:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
So, I'm a sub, can't seem to get a character to copy to the test server and I don't know where to dl the server in the first place. Can someone help me with this?
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951144

rileycohen
07.06.2018 , 04:08 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
There is a bug where it may require you to have the proper amount to purchase it, but it won't actually deduct the funds. Sometimes relaunching PTS will fix it.

-eric
Nope... still won't let me buy it. I guess I'll just spam heroics for a while

DuchessKristania
07.06.2018 , 04:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by rileycohen View Post
That's the stuff I've been referencing from the get go, but something isn't adding up. Not sure what the deal is. I don't end up with a new button or anything.
#SaveSWTOR

Mongorr
07.06.2018 , 04:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DuchessKristania View Post
That's the stuff I've been referencing from the get go, but something isn't adding up. Not sure what the deal is. I don't end up with a new button or anything.
I had to restart the launcher a few times until the "gear" button showed up.
My "Zakuuluscant" stronghold: https://bit.ly/2uQ2aYk

DuchessKristania
07.06.2018 , 04:15 PM | #10
Okay, the icon finally appeared. Don't know why it was being stubborn, but whatever.
#SaveSWTOR