Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Seterade
07.10.2018 , 05:22 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
hope they don't wait 2 years to fix it.

pyrietboletje
07.10.2018 , 06:01 PM | #12
I did a few games on my sorc healer. And apparently more than 2 heals on each side do get queued up.

See link:
https://gyazo.com/5a946886587805f128a789b68df33775
(We had 2 heals, they had 3)

Darth Malgus | Bioware Influencer | Star Forge

LadyAdmiral
07.10.2018 , 07:00 PM | #13
- Somehow in a new Shae Vizla arena, the other team only got 2 people on their team (one of them was named Keith Kanneg)
- Kid Lee's character in Hypergates was invisible except for his gun (I couldn't see him either) and he was not on the ops group frame

Kid Lee's pts video: https://www.twitch.tv/kidlee/videos/all (PTS PVP Event /w Swtorista)
~ Swtorista

THAT_EPIC_GUY
07.10.2018 , 07:32 PM | #14
I've had games tonight against 4 healers and they just end up as pretty boring stalemates. The maximum of 2 healers per team is not working. I'm not sure of what the potential impact of players declining a queue pop is on the outcome of a team composition but that may impact it.

I also think the matchmaking may not be working properly; I had a game with 1 healer and 1 tank on my team against 3 healers and a tank.
Mac
<Failure><It's Lit>
Up to date Medicine Operative PvE guide.

Jerba
07.10.2018 , 08:11 PM | #15
I really like the cross-faction queue, both for warzones and for solo ranked, that makes for a much more balanced matchmaking.
It feels a little odd that general chat in warzones is not cross-faction, so e.g. someone from your team can write something in general chat but not everyone from your team will read it. Therefore, it would be great if you can make general chat in warzones cross-faction as well, not just group chat.

Restricting groups to 2 healers helps, but I have still seen a lot of zerging if the healers are good. One the other hand, if there's a bad healer in queue, it makes it harder for the group to win.
Like Aviriia, I've also seen some matches with three healers. Not sure if that's a bug or not.
Scoundrel healer. Raid leader. Guild officer @ Tulak Hord

TrixxieTriss
07.10.2018 , 10:10 PM | #16
Feedback from testing today

Matchmaking in reg arena doesn’t take into account back fill when people leave. It seems to just put in who ever is next in the queue.

Had teams with back fill that had multple healers and tanks vs 1 healer. This is probably the same for ranked, which leads it open to exploiting.

Not sure if this is just the low pop on the pts or not, but should premades be matched with pugs in normal arena matches? Especially ones that are trinity.

What bout ranged vs melee arena? Is there matchmaking in place to put one ranged and one melee on each team instead of all ranged vs all melee.

Matchmaking in 8 man seems to be off.

Multiple healers + tank vs 1 healer teams?

Is there stealth matchmaking? ie, a bunch of stealth on a team vs 1 stealth on the other team? Wouldn’t it be better to split the stealth up to balance both sides.

Also should the reg matches be limited to 2 healers per team in 8 man and 1 healer for arena. By not limiting them it won’t stop matches becoming healer tank stalemates because you will still have teams with 3+ healers and tanks.

Banderal
07.11.2018 , 04:47 AM | #17
Well, Trixie already brought up all my points, so I'll just use her post as a starter.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Matchmaking in reg arena doesn’t take into account back fill when people leave. It seems to just put in who ever is next in the queue.
I saw this too. We started with 1 healer and 3 DPS each. After the quits and backfills on the other side, our final match was 1 healer and 3 DPS against 2 healers, a tank and a DPS. This was pretty late in the evening for me though, so it's possible that's all there was in the queue. If that happens, I guess the backfills are better than leaving a 4v2 match? I don't know about ranked. Doesn't seem like there really is a good solution there.

Not sure if this is just the low pop on the pts or not, but should premades be matched with pugs in normal arena matches? Especially ones that are trinity.
This doesn't bother me so much, because in theory they are now taking skill into account. I don't remember being in any arena match where I felt like it was a stomp-fest one way or the other (except that last one, with all the backfill). I have 5 arena matches total if I remember right. Four of them started and ended completely matched healer/tank/dps - wise. The fifth was the backfill one. So only five samples, granted.

In fact, in general, except for one Quesh match, I never felt like I was in a blow-out match. Win or lose, it always felt like both sides had a chance. I was, though, usually at a side node, so not in a position to necessarily know how the "battle for mid" was going. At least I never saw either side give up and go stand at "their node".

What bout ranged vs melee arena? Is there matchmaking in place to put one ranged and one melee on each team instead of all ranged vs all melee.
If they are going to go that far, they should almost do it by spec. Only one merc per side please.

Matchmaking in 8 man seems to be off.

Multiple healers + tank vs 1 healer teams?
Was it 2 healers v tank + healer? Because that is something that was listed as a possibility in the original "match making changes" post from Eric. Also, that post said they were not going to put more than 2 healers in a reg match, or 1 healer in an arena. I saw some reports where people said they got 3 (or more?) healers to a side. I don't remember ever seeing that except for the one backfill case already discussed.

Is there stealth matchmaking? ie, a bunch of stealth on a team vs 1 stealth on the other team? Wouldn’t it be better to split the stealth up to balance both sides.
I thought this same thing. Especially when I was trying to stop a couple operatives from stealing our node in ACW.

Also should the reg matches be limited to 2 healers per team in 8 man and 1 healer for arena. By not limiting them it won’t stop matches becoming healer tank stalemates because you will still have teams with 3+ healers and tanks.
That's already supposed to be happening. Eric says it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=950111

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Matchmaking is another place that we wanted to make some pretty big improvements for Game Update 5.9.2. Below you will find our planned changes:
  • Role Balancing:
    • Matchmaking will never place more than 2 tanks or healers on the same team in a Warzone or 1 tank or healer for an Arena.
One last thing though... there is no way that "skill" matchmaking is working, because I was in a match against SNAVE! So unfair.
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF

Pandoras_Jar
07.11.2018 , 09:02 AM | #18
Here's my quick feedback:

Well, cross-faction queuing works great! Kudos for that!

As for role matchmaking... Uhhhh

I don't know if there were too many healers compared to DPS (seemed like the case for most of the night). But role matchmaking was a bit inconsistent when it came to healers at least (as others have also noted).

Matchmaking will never place more than 2 tanks or healers on the same team in a Warzone or 1 tank or healer for an Arena.

Umm well, this definitely didn't work... I had an ACW where I was solo healing and there were 3 healers on the other team. And I think there were possibly 2 tanks on my team too? I know there was 1 for sure...

But anyway seems role matchmaking needs a bit of tinkering with.
Xam Xam Mercenary BodyguardXam Xam Xami Commando Combat Medic
PvP Healers Guide to Cleansing - 5.9 PvP Gearing Guide -
5.9 Mercenary/Commando PvP Healing Guide
~ Satele Shan | Bioware Influencer | Darth Malgus ~

Yezzan
07.12.2018 , 10:25 AM | #19
Ermm, I think a lot of people don't understand the update. Matchmaking will try to balance out the matches in a fair a way as possible. it doesn't not mean that if two healers are in queue and one tank that one of the healers will be blocked from the queue.

The matchmaking should ensure that if there is one healer and one tank in queue then they will be placed on opposite sides. What is unfair about that? Similarly, if there are two tanks and one healer in queue then the tanks will be on opposite teams. yes, one team will have a tank and heal but that is the fairest basis or apportionment base on the roles available.

Anyways, that being said. I don't think the new matching making thing was doing a good job. This could be because people were in pre-mades. if match-making doesn't sort pre-made them it's gonna be the same thing. If you have a pre-made of 2 tanks and 2 healers then they are guaranteed 4 DPS, while the other team might end up wth 8 DPs and thats an automatic loss

Banderal
07.12.2018 , 12:58 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
Anyways, that being said. I don't think the new matching making thing was doing a good job. This could be because people were in pre-mades. if match-making doesn't sort pre-made them it's gonna be the same thing. If you have a pre-made of 2 tanks and 2 healers then they are guaranteed 4 DPS, while the other team might end up wth 8 DPs and thats an automatic loss
In the original bioware post about matchmaking Eric clarified that "Great question! A pre-made (in Unranked) can only have a max of 1 tank and 1 healer in their group." So, in theory, unless it bugged on the PTS, a group with 2 tanks and 2 healers should never be able to enter the regs queue. I read someone posted about some bugs with queuing a group for regs, but I think that was a problem where it acted like they were trying to queue for group ranked (which I guess you can't do unless you have 4 in the group?).

I guess you could get a mis-matched match if there was a premade with a tank & healer, and that was the only tank or healer in the queue. Then they would both end up on the same team (because Eric also clarified that they will not split up groups).
Ingracious, TheMightyQuinn, Rockin Robin - SS
Slippery When'wet - SF