Optimal Stats 5.9

Maxitrac

Hello everyone, I'm going to put together a quick post on the alacrity numbers and other stats for 5.9, I'm going to kind of continue want bant did except in my own way.

DPS

So you may have heard that Alacrity is currently bugged that since Bioware likes to round you can get your gcd down to 1.3 seconds instead of 1.4 with the 'High' alacrity build. doing this gives you more alacrity but less crit, personally I find the trade-off worth it.

Now to achieve this alacrity number you want 6 Enhancements and 5 Augments, if you have 236 or 240 augments you can only use 5 augments to achieve the 110%. With this, you will be at about 109.99% which is only a miss every 1000000 abilities

Specs without passive Alacrity buffs

Powertech, Assassin, Juggernaut, Mercenary(IO Only), Sith Sorcerer (Madness Only), Marauder (Annihilation&Fury Only), All these specs can and should run high alacrity their stats with 240 Augments should look like this... 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim, 6 Alacrity Enhancements + 5 Augments 4 Critical Enhancements + 4 Augments + Stim + 2 Crystals

Marauder - Carnage

Mararuader; Carnage This spec gives a passive alacrity buff giving you the high threshold with little alacrity... You can get high alacrity with; 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim, 4 Alacrity enhancements + 5 Augments, 6 Critical Enhancements + 4 Augments + 2 Crystals

Mercenary - Arsenal

Arsenal also gives a passive alacrity buff with its stance, this gives you roughly 3% alacrity, this will make your stats look like this... 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim,

Sith Sorcerer - Lightning

Sorcerer; Lightning Lightning the similar to Carnage gives a passive alacrity with its rotation (on lightning bolt) you get sweet spot with... 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim, 4 Alacrity Enhancements + 2 Augments, 6 Critical Enhancements 6 Critical Augments + Stim + 2 Crystals & 1 Versatile Augment

Healers

Healers are a little bit different since they do not need to have accuracy, but I do know of many healers who run full accuracy to off dps. Healers can get away with many different builds. You can run the high alacrity build like a dps with accuracy. you can run high alacrity with 2000 crit with space with no accuracy. but this is just what most healers would run. This is personal preference but you can swap out some crit for mastery/power, but I recommend you run with this.

Sorcerer Healer

6 Alacrity Enhancements 5 Augments, 4 Critical Enhancements, 9 Augments + 2 Crystals

Operative Healer

6 Alacrity Enhancements 5 Augments, 4 Critical Enhancements, 9 Augments + 2 Crystals

Mercenary Healer

Tanks

Tanks are a very different topic. Many people have different opinions about what is 'optimal' but this is what I find to work best for each spec. Furthermore, I'm not going to give an Augment to Enhancement ratio for each class, but instead a ballpark to work with. since with the specs you can play around with what kind of enhancements you want, whether you want to run crit augments.

All of the tank specs benefit from the relics 'Relic of Focused Retribution and Relic of Serendipitous Assualt' and tanks optimally should be running Lethal b Mods (these have to be crafted or obtained from crates, this is the only source for them) or you may run Lethal non-lettered for less health but more dps. (You can get these from dps gear crates or crafting.)

Powertech

Powertech - Shield Tech Shield Tech optimally should run 1400-1600 absorb 1600-2000 shield with endurance crystals and dps relics. Also, I suggest having a shrouded Crusader relic on hand for an extra cooldown as this class doesn't have too many.

Juggernaut

Juggernaut - Immortal Immortal should run roughly 1400-1600 absorb and 1700-1800 shield with endurance crystals, rest after those numbers are achieved, can go into crit.

Assassin

Assassin - DarknessDarkness (or as I like to say Dankness should run about 1400-1600 absorb and 1700+ shield, very similar to jugg after these numbers are achieved you can put into crit. Also, since assassin gets a passive endurance buff to its tank spec and globally I strongly suggest running non-lettered lethal mods instead of the high endurance mods.

These are the numbers with the gcd numbers

0-702 Alacrity = 1.5sec GCD

703-1859 Alacrity (7.15+%) = 1.4sec GCD (1.39991)

1860+ Alacrity (15.41%) = 1.3sec GCD (1.29971)

258 Gear

*Disclaimer* This is going off the stats based off of what is currently on PTS. This is public knowledge, you can go to the PTS and try this gear for yourself. These stat numbers may change when this comes to live.

If you want to optimize stats for 252;

Acc - 5 Augs + Stim | Alacrity - 5 Enh + 7 Augs | Crit - 5 Enh + 2 Augs + Crystals

Acc - 735 | Alacrity - 1873 | Crit - 1695

DPS

(This is once again assuming you have 240augs.) All specs excluding Carnage, Lightning, and Arsenal will use the one of the two following builds;

This build is the best for having the most amount of crit with the lowest amount of accuracyand alacrity while still giving you the amounts you need to reach the thresholds for each stat.

Acc - 5augs/stim | Alac - 5enh/6augs | Crit - 5enh/3augs/stim/crystals

Acc - 735 | Alac - 1859 | Crit - 1891

This build allows you to use the Enhancements which you get from the gear to reach these numbers. I highly suggest using this build until you can min-max your gear for the previous build.

Acc - 2enh/Stim | Alac - 5enh/6augs | Crit- 3enh/8augs/crystals

Acc - 746 | Alac - 1859 | Crit - 1880

Medium build - for Arsenal and Carnage

Acc - 5augs/stim | Alac - 4enh/4augs | Crit - 6enh/crystals/relics | Mastery - 5augs

Acc - 735 | Alac - 1406 | Crit - 1888

Low build - for lightning

Acc - 2enh/stim | Alac - 3eenh/8augs | Crit 5enh/4augs/2crystals | Mastery - 2augs

Acc - 746 | Alac - 1551 | Crit - 1990

Healer

Healer stats are the same for all specs, but with the amount of tertiary we're getting it's going to make us put a lot of augs into mastery over crit so we don't go into dr too much. Below is the optimal healer stats but you may go with the dps set up for off dps if you so wish.

Alac - 5enh/6augs | Crit - 5enh/3augs/stim/crystals | Mastery 5augs

Alac - 1859 | Crit - 1891

Tank

Tank stats are similar to before having the ratios of shield:absorb for each, but now with how much you have to work with you may just do the traditional shield and absorb but you also if you want to help out your group you can go for the 1.3gcd or go for higher crit. It's all up to personal preference. I also suggest to use lethal non lettered if you can and use Bulwark Bastion enhancements.

Sin

These are target numbers for Sin, you may play around and add more of one, less of one, or even less of both and put some dps stats in there for a more skanky set.

~2000+ shield | ~1800 absorb | ~2000defense

Jugg

These are target numbers for Jugg, you may play around and add more of one, less of one, or even less of both and put some dps stats in there for a more skanky set.

~2000+ shield | ~1800 absorb | ~2000defense

Powertech

These are target numbers for PT, you may play around and add more of one, less of one, or even less of both and put some dps stats in there for a more skanky set.

~2300+ shield | ~1500 absorb | ~2000defense

Edited by Maxitrac
changing title

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot the second part for arsenal mercs. Plus, the alacrity buff for arsenal is 3%, not 2%.

And Lightning/TK also gets an alacrity buff, I don't think you want to go the 1857 alacrity-route with that spec.

You forgot the second part for arsenal mercs. Plus, the alacrity buff for arsenal is 3%, not 2%.

And Lightning/TK also gets an alacrity buff, I don't think you want to go the 1857 alacrity-route with that spec.

For the 1.3 Threshold for Lightning (with its 5% boost to Alacrity from a stacking passive from LB) It's +1097. However, with Polarity shift on top of it with +1229 Alacrity you can get the GCD to 1.1 during the PS window.

Edited by FerkWork

To quote the unofficial thread on this matter.

The general consensus for gearing dps (with the exclusion of certain specs that get alacrity bonuses from their tree) is:

2 Crit Crystals

6 alacrity enhancements, 5 augs

3 critical enhancements, 6 augs

1 accuracy enhancement 3 augs

There's an alternative method which involves 5 Accuracy Augs which brings you to 109.96% accuracy and about 30 extra points in crit, but i'd rather take the 110% accuracy from the 1e + 3a route.

Like i said more coming soon, just getting this out there

Sith Sorcerer - Lightning

Sorcerer; LightningLighning the similar to Carnage gives a passive alacrity with its rotation (on lightning bolt) you get sweet spot with... 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim, 4 Alacrity Enhancements + 2 Augments, 10 Critical Enhancements + Stim + 2 Crystals

Sorry to come off as a bit of a negative nancy here, but your numbers don't add up. In your Sorc-build, you have 14 enhancements (should be 10) and only 7 augs (should be 14), so you might want to double check that.

Sorry to come off as a bit of a negative nancy here, but your numbers don't add up. In your Sorc-build, you have 14 enhancements (should be 10) and only 7 augs (should be 14), so you might want to double check that.

thank you didn't even notice, must have missed that. ill fix that now :)

Edited by Maxitrac

Good on you for trying to put together a resource for the community. Can you share your methodology?

This is personal preference but you can swap out some crit for mastery/power, but i recommend you run with this.

According to Bant's model, healers benefit more from Critical Rating and Alacrity Rating than Mastery or Power well beyond current stat budgets. In other words, it's not a matter of preference: stacking Mastery or Power is objectively worse.

How do people read that blue text on the black background, can we use fewer colours, or perhaps even no colours? That said, looking forward to this thread, always good to have a thread to direct people with little knowledge about stats towards! Good job.

How do people read that blue text on the black background, can we use fewer colours, or perhaps even no colours? That said, looking forward to this thread, always good to have a thread to direct people with little knowledge about stats towards! Good job.

have to agree the dark blue is unreadable unless i left click and hold and drag it over the area.Other than that really nice of you to do this for us.

Thanks

ps wish these forums had a like/upvote button...

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey !

I guess this is for PVE, but what about the stats for PVP? Should we go for high alacrity too as DPS, or stack as crit as possible?

For pvp you can use these builds but accuracy is a useless stat, but you can just play around with it until you find what works best for you.

Edited by Maxitrac

For pvp you can use these builds but accuracy is a useless stat, but you can just play around with it until you find what works best for you.

Dude, please pvp before giving out pvp advice. Accuracy is not worthless in pvp, it is needed for white damage classes like sniper, merc and warriors dps.

Dude, please pvp before giving out pvp advice. Accuracy is not worthless in pvp, it is needed for white damage classes like sniper, merc and warriors dps.

Allow me to rephrase... accuracy is a stat you can get away without having in pvp but can be useful in certain instances

Allow me to rephrase... accuracy is a stat you can get away without having in pvp but can be useful in certain instances

When it comes to getting kills or DPS, I would say accuracy highly useful. MM and Carnage for example is a good example of this. Both are burst spec and have a high amount of white damage. If you do not run any accuracy in PvP it could be the difference between killing someone and not (most good Carnage maras run 108% or even 110% in PvP to make sure their burst gets off). So I would say running accuracy in PvP is a pretty big deal if you are aiming to increase your DPS and actually kill a target in a burst window. To say accuracy is worthless in PvP is a pretty big understatement. The only difference between PvP and PvE when it comes to accuracy is classes with all yellow damage doesn't need it, like Concealment or Sorc.

No,she [Kiss] is totally right. If you are playing a class that does alot of white damage, like MM or Carnage, which is what I play on my Marauder as an example, should run 110% idealy. Sure, you can get away with 105 but you are definitely going to be missing a lot more. As a Carnage Marauder I have 1 attack that's a force attack that is used regularly [priority, sure Force Leap when applicable, but you're not using that for damage as much as mobility] I do not want to be missing 28K VTs and 30K Gores. I have a filler attack [Massacre] that can crit up to 15-16k and for a filler that's nice.

I've done it both ways, even tried no accuracy very early on, there is no question in my mind that not running a proper amount of accuracy in PVP is a notable difference in damage.

There isn't anything you can do with misses due to DCDs or High Defense [Tanks] but there is something you can do about the misses from weapon attacks [White damage]. Add to that the innate accuracy penalty you take on your off hand attack, you're gonna be missing like crazy.

If you do a lot of white damage, you want accuracy, it's a straight DPS increase. I run full 110% accuracy with Carnage. The thing is, if you aren't running a parsing program, you have no idea exactly how much you are missing. I did early on when I started to get into PVP more seriously, that amount of missing going on is insane [least for me with Carnage].

Running zero accuracy as a spec that does a lot of white damage is a big mistake, in my opinion.

It's been common pro for people to downplay the use of accuracy in PVP and that's kinda become like a standardized piece of advice for PVP, like I said, I went with that advice for a while myself. But when I started checking my parses in PVP [which is an example why parsing programs can still be useful even in PVP for an appraisal of your own performance and how certain things effect you] I was seeing like 40% misses on some attacks, Ravage was ridiculous you never hit on each "one" [hits from ravage] and that only made it worse. It's tempting to use that advice because it frees up a ton of tertiary stat points to throw in critical or alacrity i.e., but it's just not worth it. - I strongly agree with Kiss on this.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Maxitrac

you wrote this

Sorcerer; Lightning Lightning the similar to Carnage gives a passive alacrity with its rotation (on lightning bolt) you get sweet spot with... 5 Accuracy Augments + Stim, 4 Alacrity Enhancements + 2 Augments, 6 Critical Enhancements 6 Critical Augments + Stim + 2 Crystals & 1 Overkill Augment

I think if you put the numbers that you should be trying to get so people will know and can work towards that total it would be easier for people to read. Secondly people are at different gear levels so the way people have to get will be different depending upon what tier of gear they are using also.

For the 1.3 Threshold for Lightning (with its 5% boost to Alacrity from a stacking passive from LB) It's +1097. However, with Polarity shift on top of it with +1229 Alacrity you can get the GCD to 1.1 during the PS window.

Thanks for this. I always wondered what the exact alacrity number was for 5% + PS. Previously, I was aiming for a blind 1300-1400 in case the 1100 was a little off.

What do you think about the 2800 threshold with a crit relic? :D

• 2 weeks later...

So this is a very nice guide and all but what are the actual values (or approximate values) of alacrity for each GCD decrease. IE XXX alacrity for 1.4. XXX alacrity for 1.3.

It would be nice to know because those of us that pvp or the casuals that can't run OPs don't have the luxury of getting unassembled gear. we have to buy them with the unassembled components and they are mad expensive so I kind of gear a certain way and don't so much rely on enh or off pieces to properly stat.

As for as the accuracy in pvp I don't run a full 110% but on most of my classes I definitely have 1 enh which gives over 104%. For carnage and arsenal its not even about missing your high hitting abilities (tho that does suck) its the fact that your procs work of white damage hits. Nothing messes up your rotation more than an ataru strike or priming shot missing and failing to proc.

Edited by Ld-Siris

These are the alacrity thresholds:

0-702 Alacrity = 1.5sec GCD

703-1859 Alacrity (7.15+%) = 1.4sec GCD (1.39991)

1860+ Alacrity (15.41%) = 1.3sec GCD (1.29971)

If you're not running 248 gear I recommend just aiming for the 703 alacrity mark, since 1860 alacrity will mean losing a lot of crit if you're not running BiS gear.