Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Felix Iresso return: thanks

Estelindis
05.03.2018 , 11:38 AM | #1
I admit that my expectations were lowered by the standard of recent returns. Even so, thanks to Bioware for not falling below those expectations. You didn't let me down.

I would've loved Felix to get a full chapter, like earlier returning LIs received. However, I feel as if the small amount of content allowed for current returns was put to good use here. The return had pathos and a link to Felix's original story. The writing didn't go against his character or the consular's. The voice acting showed real feeling on both their parts. It let them show how hard it'd been to be apart and how glad they were to be reunited. That's what was most important to me and I got it. Thanks.

Edit: For those curious who don't have the opportunity to play it yet, I've put my recorded reunion on YouTube and made a small screenshot gallery.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

JLazarillo
05.03.2018 , 11:56 AM | #2
Two things I'm curious about, since my Consular is still back doing Star Fortresses:

1. Did they finally fix Felix' combat voice clips? Or does he still channel Zenith when he heals himself?
2. Where does he show up in the companion window? I'm curious because Akaavi/Mako got a whole new category to themselves.

Estelindis
05.03.2018 , 12:08 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post
Two things I'm curious about, since my Consular is still back doing Star Fortresses:

1. Did they finally fix Felix' combat voice clips? Or does he still channel Zenith when he heals himself?
2. Where does he show up in the companion window? I'm curious because Akaavi/Mako got a whole new category to themselves.
He shows up under "jedi consular companions," on his own for now because Qyzen is an alliance recruit and we have no other consular companions back.

As for his voice, I never put him on healing since my consular's a healer, but his reactions sounded the same when I clicked on him (right down to this one hostile-sounding "don't push your luck" line that has always seemed like a mistake?), so I doubt if anything else has changed (apart from his lips not moving now, of course). Once I'm finished the new Nathema FP, I'll check and let you know.

JLazarillo
05.03.2018 , 12:16 PM | #4
I appreciate it. As a Shadow, I prefer to have my companion on Tank during most content, so it's always awkward hearing him when he does his heal/taunt combo.

Aeristash
05.03.2018 , 12:50 PM | #5
He came back? My consular hasn't received any alert for him and I'm done with Nathama.

Edit: Nvm found him under alerts.

Eshvara
05.03.2018 , 12:54 PM | #6
Yeeeey, Este!!! I'm glad you liked it hun!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Estelindis
05.03.2018 , 01:00 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Yeeeey, Este!!! I'm glad you liked it hun!
Thank you Esh! You've been so supportive about this even though you have no particular feelings about the character - I appreciate it.

serenitty
05.03.2018 , 01:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JLazarillo View Post

Nope, he still channels Zenith.
My referral for some goodies

http://www.swtor.com/r/RnXgyS

Eshvara
05.03.2018 , 01:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Thank you Esh! You've been so supportive about this even though you have no particular feelings about the character - I appreciate it.
I still feel like exploring his romance someday! I've just been a bit occupied. You deserve all the support!!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

JLazarillo
05.03.2018 , 01:47 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by serenitty View Post
Nope, he still channels Zenith.
I just told my Shadow the news.