Felix Iresso return: thanks

Estelindis

I admit that my expectations were lowered by the standard of recent returns. Even so, thanks to Bioware for not falling below those expectations. You didn't let me down.

I would've loved Felix to get a full chapter, like earlier returning LIs received. However, I feel as if the small amount of content allowed for current returns was put to good use here. The return had pathos and a link to Felix's original story. The writing didn't go against his character or the consular's. The voice acting showed real feeling on both their parts. It let them show how hard it'd been to be apart and how glad they were to be reunited. That's what was most important to me and I got it. Thanks.

Edit: For those curious who don't have the opportunity to play it yet, I've put my recorded reunion on

and made a small screenshot gallery. Edited by Estelindis

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things I'm curious about, since my Consular is still back doing Star Fortresses:

1. Did they finally fix Felix' combat voice clips? Or does he still channel Zenith when he heals himself?

2. Where does he show up in the companion window? I'm curious because Akaavi/Mako got a whole new category to themselves.

Two things I'm curious about, since my Consular is still back doing Star Fortresses:

1. Did they finally fix Felix' combat voice clips? Or does he still channel Zenith when he heals himself?

2. Where does he show up in the companion window? I'm curious because Akaavi/Mako got a whole new category to themselves.

He shows up under "jedi consular companions," on his own for now because Qyzen is an alliance recruit and we have no other consular companions back.

As for his voice, I never put him on healing since my consular's a healer, but his reactions sounded the same when I clicked on him (right down to this one hostile-sounding "don't push your luck" line that has always seemed like a mistake?), so I doubt if anything else has changed (apart from his lips not moving now, of course). Once I'm finished the new Nathema FP, I'll check and let you know.

Edited by Estelindis

Nope, he still channels Zenith.

Thank you Esh! :D You've been so supportive about this even though you have no particular feelings about the character - I appreciate it. :o

I still feel like exploring his romance someday! I've just been a bit occupied.:o You deserve all the support!!:D:D

I just realised something....

The scientist who order Felix to be experimented on for five years is the same one who had Vaylin tortured. I mean, it was clear Felix had been through a lot, but this is a whole other league. :( Did anyone else pick up on that?

No they didn't fix it. His combat voice is still Zenith's. :mad:

I ran the Bounty Hunter / Mako reunion and the Felix one with my Shadow. I liked the Felix one a lot better. I didn't romance him with her. She is too head over heals on Theron. But I really felt sorry for poor Felix. He went through a hell of a lot. Poor guy.

I really felt sorry for poor Felix. He went through a hell of a lot. Poor guy.

Seriously. :( Felix doesn't go into details because he's trying to protect us from the full reality of what happened to him, but we actually know more than he realizes,

considering what we learned of Jarak's methods on Nathema.

I think our characters who care about him will be giving him a lot of attention and time to heal.

I am glad I ran the Akaavi alert afterwards , you sort of need a pick me up after that one.

Yes, I ran the Mako / Akaavi alert afterwards too. Now admittedly this was with a female BH who was besties with Mako, so there was no romantic element. As such, I can't see the full, exact contrast between this and Felix's return. But, even so, I feel like I'm starting to notice a pattern with the recent returns of male and female companions.

The following LI companions have returned between the end of KotFE and now: Andronikos, Ashara, Quinn, Mako, Vector, Temple, Iresso, Elara, Corso, Risha, and Akaavi. Of all these male companions, only one seems to have had an okay time: Corso. And he was with Risha. Of all the female companions, they mostly seem to have gotten on with their lives and pursued their personal interests / professional duties. Most of the male companions have searched for us and/or been imprisoned and/or gone through hell.

Is there some kind of double standard at work here? Is a man not seen like a "real man" unless he suffers for what matters to him? Or is only a man seen as strong enough to endure these kinds of trials? Is a woman seen as self-sufficient enough to pick herself up amidst her trials and follow her path bravely and independently? Or is it seen as some kind of insult to the male carbonite-bound protagonist if he's not able to protect "his" woman, if she suffers because of trying to save him? I don't know. But it makes me wonder about some of the assumptions that may underlie the tropes used in these returns. I asked the writer about it on Twitter (first underscoring how well-written and poignant I find Felix's return), but I don't know if she'll say anything.

Edited by Estelindis

Well aric had a hard time for a while according to him, but eventually he got that group together and started to fight. I didn't even notice the difference until you mentioned it. I Haven't done all the companion returns and the only one I romanced was aric. It is established that you two got married and as he saids cathar are one mate only kind of thing. Apparently we were the only one for him.

I did my female smuggler, I was more surprised how akaavi was affected by our "dying" then anything. She is one of the few of the alerts that I liked. Risha and Corso decide to play a trick that could have gotten them killed. (I never romanced him, way too farmboy old fashion for my taste) The gus one was ok but i am still confused by it. Was the Master a con artist or was he really a jedi. Bowdaar was the nicest to, it was nice that he went and tried to help slaves.

Well aric had a hard time for a while according to him, but eventually he got that group together and started to fight. I didn't even notice the difference until you mentioned it. I Haven't done all the companion returns and the only one I romanced was aric. It is established that you two got married and as he saids cathar are one mate only kind of thing. Apparently we were the only one for him.

I'm not so much drawing the contrast in the case of chapter returns as the post-KotET ones, as I'm assuming the main writer for them would've been different. For me, Aric's return was 10/10, the best of all the chapter returns (even including Gault's hilarity). But yes, Aric sorta strikes a balance, in that he clearly suffered and missed the main character but got himself in gear and did his own thing.

I did my female smuggler, I was more surprised how akaavi was affected by our "dying" then anything. She is one of the few of the alerts that I liked. Risha and Corso decide to play a trick that could have gotten them killed. (I never romanced him, way too farmboy old fashion for my taste) The gus one was ok but i am still confused by it. Was the Master a con artist or was he really a jedi. Bowdaar was the nicest to, it was nice that he went and tried to help slaves.

I haven't yet been able to persuade myself to take my smuggler through KotFE/ET. I love her, but it just feels so absurd for her to be the great hope of the galaxy! :D I'd really love to see people's headcanon for smuggler commanders.

Edited by Estelindis

Yeah the majority of them are hard to headcanon. IF you take out the valkorion part I would say my smuggler is patriotic and would want to help the republic. The only ones who really probably should be going through the story are the force users. I did it more like he was doing what Zash did to the inquisitor. She doesn't care if they are male/alien/female she just wants a vessel. In the end they have the powers and not the vessel. OR at least in their minds.

Smugglers/BH troopers/agents are probably to him just bodies to fill. Now why Marr asked the smuggler and BH I don't know other then he trusts them and sees them as a good ally. When both would just rather make money doing other things.

The same with the jedi/sith they are bodies but the extra bonus of extra power boost.

Or at the end we can say Valkorion and Zash are just nuts.

I just wanted to add that I enjoyed the return of Felix. My Consular is finally with her love and is right again.

His story was very sad, he's been through so much. But, that's all over now (hopefully) he and our Consulars can live happily ever after and won't be ripped apart for almost 3 yrs again!

I had a bug in Chapter 2 of KotFE where her romance with him wasn't acknowledged and I spent all this time worrying that when he returned he wouldn't remember that they had been together, but happily all my worries were for nothing :)

He came back? My consular hasn't received any alert for him and I'm done with Nathama.

Edit: Nvm found him under alerts.

I am a consular and I have completed the entire story, including the nathema flashpoint and I don't have any alert for Felix Iresso's return. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to be doing?

Anyone know if Felix is romanceable in the return if he's never been romanced in vanilla? I'm wondering because my Consular will be breaking up with Theron (more like he broke up with her) and there aren't many other options for her.