Heroics for conquest has a 15 min cool down? REALLY?

Rocketmanballs

So I did a heroic for conquest and then noticed that there's a cooldown to do another one? What was the point in doing this? Creating more hoops to jump through? Are we your monkeys? Sub is up in 6 days. Roll this **** back or i'm done. Edited by Rocketmanballs
Grammar

It gets better.

You can cycle through multiple toons for their first heroic, but once you try to do a second heroic, it is 15 minute cool down.

It's almost like they are actively trying to destroy the game.

One thing is for sure, NONE of them actually play this game.

So, it's not one heroic per Legacy per day like they are saying in the changes thread upstream? Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

(If I'm understanding ... It's one heroic, sit around waiting for a completely arbitrary timer to run down, another heroic, rinse and repeat? Yeah ... not ACTUALLY better, devs).

Although, I can see how making us log off for 15 minutes, and then log back in, would get unique player login numbers to look nice and sexy. Not that I am cynical or anything.

So, it's not one heroic per Legacy per day like they are saying in the changes thread upstream? Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

(If I'm understanding ... It's one heroic, sit around waiting for a completely arbitrary timer to run down, another heroic, rinse and repeat? Yeah ... not ACTUALLY better, devs).

Although, I can see how making us log off for 15 minutes, and then log back in, would get unique player login numbers to look nice and sexy. Not that I am cynical or anything.

I was able to cycle through six toons doing their first heroics without a timer. When I went back to my first toon, the timer hit. After doing the second heroic on that toon, I was locked out of doing more heroics. I was able to do one more heroic on a pub side toon (it's first) but ran into the timer on the next toon (that hadn't done the first heroic yet).

I was able to do the bounty mission twice on one toon (the easy and hard missions), but when I went and did it on the same pub toon, there was a timer for it and all other toons.

Would be nice if they actually put in the notes things like legacy versus toon, and if a cool down, how long and if there is a daily limit.

I think there isn't because some of these are actual glitches.

I haven't encountered it myself, but if it is so, that is very stupid. We were asking for cooldown on PvP quitters, that is impossible to implement, but this just takes the cake. Is it because people keep saying play heroics to earn credits fast? This is downright stupid and no explanation is going to suffice here.

This is how I understood Eric's explanation, too. One heroic per day per legacy, according to the icon.

When I saw yesterday that the heroics are like that, I immediately logged off again and said fudge it, but with using a slightly different word. Why would I play one lousy heroic per day?

Now you are telling me that I can repeat that conquest every 15 minutes? Where did Eric explain this? How is this consistent with the other icons? Does he not know himself how the new conquest works? The Anthem intern didn't brief him properly? Do we need a university degree to understand this new conquest? No, wait, I still don't understand it, so that's not it. Maybe a PhD?

15 minutes cooldown... seriously... Not sure if the Belsavis heroics will be included in the new conquest, but just imagine the Hard Rock... heroic is next and you have to wait 15 minutes before starting the 1 min. mission (20 seconds as a stealther).

I skipped conquest last week and I already decided to skip it this week, too. Good job, BW. Your new conquest system is very motivational.

I did a full set of tat heroics imp side yesterday afternoon back to back, did not experience cooldowns/lockouts.

Perhaps just certain planets?

We're talking about conquest points given for heroics.

Gosh, if they added CDs to regular runs of H2 for dailies/weeklies... that wouldn't end well :eek:

I assumed it's one per day per legacy, so it didn't occur to me to try to run another one 15 minutes later. :confused:

The once per day per legacy objectives are broken another way too.

They reset after you switch toons to/from one you haven't used yet that day.

Aside from the changes they put in on purpose, there are a ton of bugs.

Not a good system at all.

The 15 min cooldown apparently is when you are supposed to alt tab into your other game that you are going to use to replace SWTOR when you finally give up waiting for them to fix conquest.

LOL. I said it was so you had enough time to post angry messages in the forums.

Wait, I didn't care about doing my personal conquest goal but I'm doing Heroics purely for CXP so I will getting time out too? and let my CXP consumable boost run dry for nothing? That's BS I want my CXP Boost refund....

This new Conquest system is just broken on so many levels.

Bring back the old conquest system pre 5.8 - that's the only way.

I agree. It was far from perfect, but it beat the hell out of this crap.

Do you get an actual timer somewhere, or does the status just magically pop back to "Incomplete" after 15 minutes?

I did one Heroic yesterday on one char, and the objective read "Complete". I didn't check later if it still was complete, however.

Ciao, Aronis!

Do you get an actual timer somewhere, or does the status just magically pop back to "Incomplete" after 15 minutes?

I didn't see a timer earlier. I did two heroics, didn't get any Conquest points for the 2nd one, logged out.

To be fair, I logged out more because I had Real Life things to do than because I didn't get the points, but it still annoyed me.

Now you are telling me that I can repeat that conquest every 15 minutes? Where did Eric explain this? How is this consistent with the other icons? Does he not know himself how the new conquest works? The Anthem intern didn't brief him properly? Do we need a university degree to understand this new conquest? No, wait, I still don't understand it, so that's not it. Maybe a PhD?

It's rng conquest objectives. For some people it's one per day per legacy. (Sadly that is me.) For other people it's once per day per character. for other people it's every 15 minutes per character. And for the really lucky, it's unlimited per character.

We're talking about conquest points given for heroics.

Gosh, if they added CDs to regular runs of H2 for dailies/weeklies... that wouldn't end well :eek:

I assumed it's one per day per legacy, so it didn't occur to me to try to run another one 15 minutes later. :confused:

Are you? I assumed from the OP that heroics that are in the conquest (namely Nar Shadaa) are each on a 15 minute lock out on completion, so you can't complete another until the 15mins is up. Can someone explain exactly what this 15 min relates to?

Everyone in this thread is asking for explanation of a bug.

This is a bug.

The intention is that you are able to complete a single heroic mission on Nar Shaddaa for conquest points, per legacy, per day.

Any other iteration of those points being awarded is a bug. There are a multitude of bugs with the "once per legacy per day" objectives, new to the conquest system in 5.8 that have served no purpose at all but to make this objective type confusing as it does not apply evenly or repeatably most of the time.

That's where I'm confused too. In my conquest page it says the Nar Shaddaa heroic is once per day per legacy. So if I do it twice, I won't get points for any more other then then the first one.

I didn't get a timer after completing several heroics in a row on Nar Shaddaa. I know it's a once per day per legacy conquest objective but that's it. Even logged out then back in and still no timer so not sure what the timer is in reference to unless as others pointed out just a bug.

I was thought i will get timer lockout after the 1st Nar Shada Heroics, but I did not get any lockout. I think it's a bugged or a glitched and BW already fixed it? I was really mad when someone said they put lockout time for Heroics on the conquest planet cause it's just plain dumb for players do heroic part of their daily routine and do not care for conquest like myself.