Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stronghold slicing boxes now yielding less credits since last patch?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Stronghold slicing boxes now yielding less credits since last patch?

grumpehcat
04.03.2018 , 06:18 PM | #1
I have a durasteel footlocker gathering node in my primary stronghold that I log into with all my toons. It used to yield 800-1000 creds per lockbox. Now it's 400-600 creds. Why the nerf? As far as I can tell the durasteel footlocker, a level 6 slicing node, is the highest slicing deco you can get for your stronghold, and it's putting out less creds than you'd get from them out in the wild. No, it's not much per box, but it adds up across multiple toons, especially now that we have the legacy bank. Is this an inflation deterrent? If so, it's a terrible deterrent. Typically I only got one box per toon anyway, unlike the six that I scored last night. But in terms of the outrageous GTN prices, every little bit helped, especially when I scored a rare blue slicing box. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my enter key doesn't want to work properly right now (I know, BIG problem), but any sort of answer as to why this nerf happened would be nice. Also if others could note if the same is happening to them, that'd be cool. Thanks.

eartharioch
04.03.2018 , 08:41 PM | #2
No clue, I almost exclusively use artifact crystal nodes and sell what I don't need for way more than CR 1000 per pull. At least when they originally dropped, slicing lockboxes were the lowest ROI you could get. Yeah, you get the credits instantly, but not enough to make more profitable than gathering actual mats and selling them on the GTN.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link

MMFalcon
04.27.2018 , 07:29 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grumpehcat View Post
Also if others could note if the same is happening to them, that'd be cool.
Same. All slicing boxes/cases of all grades have had slashed returns starting with the 5.8 patch.
My referral link. You get a complimentary character transfer and a bundle of handy unlocks for every character on your account, and I get some baksheesh.
ho ho

Lord_Martheous
04.27.2018 , 08:15 PM | #4
I have a durasteel footlocker gathering node in my primary stronghold that I log into with all my toons. It used to yield 800-1000 creds per lockbox. Now it's 400-600 creds. Why the nerf? As far as I can tell the durasteel footlocker, a level 6 slicing node, is the highest slicing deco you can get for your stronghold, and it's putting out less creds than you'd get from them out in the wild. No, it's not much per box, but it adds up across multiple toons, especially now that we have the legacy bank. Is this an inflation deterrent? If so, it's a terrible deterrent. Typically I only got one box per toon anyway, unlike the six that I scored last night. But in terms of the outrageous GTN prices, every little bit helped, especially when I scored a rare blue slicing box. Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, my enter key doesn't want to work properly right now (I know, BIG problem), but any sort of answer as to why this nerf happened would be nice. Also if others could note if the same is happening to them, that'd be cool. Thanks.
Sorry if this sounds lame, But did I read correctly that your footlocker generates credits? I don't know anything about this stuff. If so, How do I go about getting one?

Thanks

Mubrak
04.27.2018 , 08:53 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MMFalcon View Post
Same. All slicing boxes/cases of all grades have had slashed returns starting with the 5.8 patch.
In an effort to fix the economy ruined by people that made billions of credits in minutes using the companion gift exploit, BW (in typical BW fashion) decided to increase GTN taxes, repair and mod removal costs and generally reduce credits income. That will show those crooked billionaires...

Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Martheous View Post
Sorry if this sounds lame, But did I read correctly that your footlocker generates credits? I don't know anything about this stuff. If so, How do I go about getting one?
Meet your conquest goal and you get a box of useable gathering-node decorations, What you get is random, of course, but the selection includes various Slicing nodes. https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/utility/
Let us turn off that gaudy flashing icon over every vendor's head.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

PennyAnn
04.27.2018 , 11:25 PM | #6
As far as I can tell the durasteel footlocker, a level 6 slicing node, is the highest slicing deco you can get for your stronghold, and it's putting out less creds than you'd get from them out in the wild.
Actually, I believe the Encrypted Terminal is the highest slicing resource node you can get for your stronghold at grade 9. The returns from this were also nerfed, but you'll get more for your one or two clicks from it than you will the durasteel node.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you;
Correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.

Click here to use my Referral Link

Lord_Martheous
04.28.2018 , 07:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mubrak View Post

Meet your conquest goal and you get a box of useable gathering-node decorations, What you get is random, of course, but the selection includes various Slicing nodes. https://tord.mmo-fashion.com/utility/
Thanks for the info, unfortunately, I'm just a casual player. Life responsibilities prevents me from playing very often, and have never done a conquest. It's not very likely that I'll be able to do one, a bit of a bummer, but that's my problem.

Martheous

Hudlar
04.28.2018 , 10:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Martheous View Post
Thanks for the info, unfortunately, I'm just a casual player. Life responsibilities prevents me from playing very often, and have never done a conquest. It's not very likely that I'll be able to do one, a bit of a bummer, but that's my problem.
I sympathize--my own playtime is pretty limited. If you just want a specific slicing deco, the GTN is probably your best bet. The Encrypted Terminal PennyAnn mentioned above seems to be going for about 120,000 credits on Star Forge tonight, and the Durasteel Footlocker is available for about 25,000 credits. Good luck!