Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why Macros belong in TOR.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why Macros belong in TOR.

MandoArc
12.28.2011 , 04:56 AM | #21
God is not hard stop[ been lazy is all i have to say
Cuban Bounty Hunter

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 04:58 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by CoreofexisteNz View Post
I love the fact that casuals still come here and hate on macros.

Obviously never used them.

In lineage 2 it was impossible past certain levels not to have macros since most skills bounce into others and vice versa. Especially for buffers who would haveto cast 53 buffs in order to buff someone... and then again for the other 8 people in the group. tedious... long and very unnecessary.

The macro system makes life alot easier.. the longer the macros the harder it can fail however if you have a 1 macro attack string of all your attacks in sequence... 1 interrupt and you start all over again. So.

To sum up. Macro's can only help you. They cannot win for you. An interrupt, a stun, a cancel will break the flow anyway.

I shall support the adding of macro's and let all nay-sayers get their casual asses back to newbie forums!
Thanks for the support.

As you pointed out, macros, particularly the ones I and many others are in support of implementing, streamline the process only.

They do not give you any unfair advantages, and they only add complexity to the gameplay.

CapuchinSeven
12.28.2011 , 04:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vedrus View Post
Macros are very important for PVP and PVE!
I was searching for them in the game too, but no luck.

Looks like there is not any support for macros and 3rd-party addons at all :-(

It's not possible to have hardcore PVE or PVP guilds in MMO w/o ability to meter performance of ppl.
The boss/player dying is my performance meter.
I know chop-knees.

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 05:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CapuchinSeven View Post
The boss/player dying is my performance meter.
Please remember guys, we're discussing macros here. DPS meters are addons, which are a different beast entirely.

To address the damage meter issue quickly, there can certainly be both positive and negative usages of them.

The ability to track incoming/outgoing damage and healing can allow those interested to delve into the intricacies of the math and optimize their gameplay, whether that's cool-down or mana usage for tanks and healers, or a DPS rotation for a damage dealing player.

This type of thing can also be taken to extremes which is generally a negative thing, where people obsess over them and look to them as the sole measure/indicator of performance.

This is bad.

All things in moderation, things are very, very rarely black and white.

klathnagma
12.28.2011 , 05:07 AM | #25
I agree with the OP.

I would like to have spells in both bars at bottom to change depending if I am using a modifier or not.

I have small hands and I can't reach many keys, so to be able to put more actions in less real state would help me a lot in the game.

It won't make things easier and won't play for me just to cast a diferent spell if I am hitting shift or not.

That fuctionality - to hit one spell or the other when using key + shift - is already in game.

But with macros I would not have to bind so many keys and strech the hand so much so It will make everything more enjoyable.

So yes I support macros completely.

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 05:11 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by klathnagma View Post
I agree with the OP.

I would like to have spells in both bars at bottom to change depending if I am using a modifier or not.

I have small hands and I can't reach many keys, so to be able to put more actions in less real state would help me a lot in the game.

It won't make things easier and won't play for me just to cast a diferent spell if I am hitting shift or not.

That fuctionality - to hit one spell or the other when using key + shift - is already in game.

But with macros I would not have to bind so many keys and strech the hand so much so It will make everything more enjoyable.

So yes I support macros completely.
Thanks for your support. This is definitely a valid point. People with small hands may have difficulty finding binds for all of their keys, and they shouldn't be punished for that. Macros can assist. In addition, even with the current number of spells there are going to be issues getting everything bound considering the 4 actionbar limit. As new abilities are added, these problems will only be exacerbated.

mkabla
12.28.2011 , 05:13 AM | #27
No really, a macro support thread in a pvp forum?

Has it really come to this?

:sadface:

_compton_
12.28.2011 , 05:16 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mkabla View Post
No really, a macro support thread in a pvp forum?

Has it really come to this?

:sadface:
Not sure if you're bemoaning the lack of macros in-game, or think this thread is somehow inappropriate for the forum - either way, thanks for the bump, and elaborate if you like!

Highfives
12.28.2011 , 05:20 AM | #29
I see your problem.

You were looking for WoW2 and not SWTOR.

SWTOR certainly doesn't need macros, all it needs is individual skill and a good set of keybinds, maximum efficiency comes from your own skill.
Cyberpunk/Hello Critty
Level 50 Guardian
Don't worry be happy!

Xerks
12.28.2011 , 05:22 AM | #30
Macros are 100% an essential part to any good MMO, not having them in-game is a huge mistake by BW.