Do any other tanks prefer to run cheap Fortitude augs for PvP?

Loadsamonie

Yeah, they're dirt cheap which is the main reason I'm running them right now, because I don't want to sink a fortune into gear that may be obsolete soon, but also because Advanced Fortitude 45 Augs have the highest Endurance rating of all available augs currently, and Endurance is the most important stat to have for PvP tanking. 65 Power isn't too bad either.

Yeah, they're dirt cheap which is the main reason I'm running them right now, because I don't want to sink a fortune into gear that may be obsolete soon, but also because Advanced Fortitude 45 Augs have the highest Endurance rating of all available augs currently, and Endurance is the most important stat to have for PvP tanking. 65 Power isn't too bad either.

Yes i run these for pvp

I am crazy enough to use as much shield+absorb as effective in PVP (for sin tanks that would be getting your shield to passive 4042% and your absorb to passive 50%) and therefore I use a combination of shield, absorb and crit augments (I use crit once I reached my target). The power gained from the tanky augs and the endu gained from the crit augs adds up to a minimal loss of endurance/power when comparing with the cheapr fortitude stuff, and the main stat is, therefore, a very nice upgrade.

For those who run full DPS gear on their tank (and pray that the skank fix will not actually target exactly them :p), that I suppose that would be translated to using crit or mastery augments (alacrity is such a delicate matter which I rather not address). I am quite certain the DD/DT (damage dealt / damage taken) ratio gets higher this way, even though the TTK is slightly down in that case.

So if you go with DPS stats that would be a simple choice without a right or wrong answer: higher DD/DT gives you better chances to eventually winning fair fights, and can sometimes make the difference between you killing your enemy or their healer manages to save them. Higher TTK gives you better odds in surviving fights in which killing your enemies by outdpsing them isn't an option, and therefore make you a better ball carrier or node guard (assuming your team reads chat and will eventually come, you buy them more time). Choose according to preference.

you should probably get used to it. gear never lasts long in swtor before its obsolete. good thing it takes so long to get geared.

Meanwhile on Battlefront2... "Oh, we just figured that lootboxes and randomness are just a dumb idea for progression, let's remove it and replace it with an actually stable and predictable progression system, in which a player can be 100% certain that his effort progresses him toward his goals". Hmm...

Meanwhile on Battlefront2... "Oh, we just figured that lootboxes and randomness are just a dumb idea for progression, let's remove it and replace it with an actually stable and predictable progression system, in which a player can be 100% certain that his effort progresses him toward his goals". Hmm...

Bioware did that too. I started PvP a bit late, but just in time to experience the ORIGINAL random loot pvp boxes. And then "early bioware" realized that was a really dumb idea and canned it, in favor of... well, several different progression systems that eventually gave us bolster and the ability to work towards PvP gear while you were leveling. And it was a golden era of pvp existing in lowbies and mids. Being able to get the gear you wanted. Being able to get max gear in a pretty short amount of time, or immediately if you had just used PvP to level.

And then apparently bioware took some brain damage and forgot that early lesson, and put back in random loot boxes. And not just for PvP this time, but for EVERYONE! (insert little "hurray" party here)

Whats the max hp assuming you are in full Advanced Fortitude Augs, all datacrons, full 248s, ect?

A minor correction to the question: as far as I know, B mods of rating 248 are unavailable and therefore you want them (crafted 246) rather than absolutely full 248 which means letter-less mods with far less endurance. [The high endurance version for enhancement can be gained through very lucky loot boxes of tiers 3 and 4. While I think it is unlikely more than 1% of the level 70s have 7 of these, it is technically possible to consider them].

In that case, at least for Assassins, it can definitely exceed 166k (saw a guy in the fleet).

A minor correction to the question: as far as I know, B mods of rating 248 are unavailable and therefore you want them (crafted 246) rather than absolutely full 248 which means letter-less mods with far less endurance. [The high endurance version for enhancement can be gained through very lucky loot boxes of tiers 3 and 4. While I think it is unlikely more than 1% of the level 70s have 7 of these, it is technically possible to consider them].

In that case, at least for Assassins, it can definitely exceed 166k (saw a guy in the fleet).

Yeah the 246 crafted are what to look for. 248 b mods are avaliabke as drops from loot crates but i have only seen the one my friend uses to torture me.

Bioware did that too. I started PvP a bit late, but just in time to experience the ORIGINAL random loot pvp boxes. And then "early bioware" realized that was a really dumb idea and canned it, in favor of... well, several different progression systems that eventually gave us bolster and the ability to work towards PvP gear while you were leveling. And it was a golden era of pvp existing in lowbies and mids. Being able to get the gear you wanted. Being able to get max gear in a pretty short amount of time, or immediately if you had just used PvP to level.

And then apparently bioware took some brain damage and forgot that early lesson, and put back in random loot boxes. And not just for PvP this time, but for EVERYONE! (insert little "hurray" party here)

Just 3 months before GC RNG, they had finally perfected the pvp gearing system. It was perfect, it couldn’t have gotten any better.

Then in one foul swoop, they F’d to oblivion.

Yeah the 246 crafted are what to look for. 248 b mods are available as drops from loot crates but I have only seen the one my friend uses to torture me.

I have never seen any mod like that, only enhancements. Shows how rare there are.

Why did BioWare do something so stupid such as making the BiS tank items absolutely RNG dependent (and with totally moronically low chances at that)?

DPS and healers have a way to simply buy their BiS and their worst case scenario is having to buy 1 or 2 additional pieces for enhancements (for proper min-maxing), and their BiS also drops much more often than in loot crates. Maybe tanks were a bit overperforming in PVP to compensate for the gearing injustice... :rolleyes:

I have never seen any mod like that, only enhancements. Shows how rare there are.

Why did BioWare do something so stupid such as making the BiS tank items absolutely RNG dependent (and with totally moronically low chances at that)?

DPS and healers have a way to simply buy their BiS and their worst case scenario is having to buy 1 or 2 additional pieces for enhancements (for proper min-maxing), and their BiS also drops much more often than in loot crates. Maybe tanks were a bit overperforming in PVP to compensate for the gearing injustice... :rolleyes:

right? i swear every patch is designed to **** tanks worse XD

Edited by KendraP

+1

Well, I guess you could also replace "tanks" with "PvP" in that sentence. :(

Or with almost any other possible thing / concept / class / spec / mode / feature? :rolleyes:

At least this "proggression" is slow, so we still get time to enjoy the game ;)