How can I transfer armor that I bought in the cartel market? (Screenshot attached)

LordBraidenbach

Hey,

I tried to do some research, but I really don't get it. I don't even get if it's possible or not.

So let's talk about this one (but I have 2 other armors that I have just purchased from the cartel market, one for my SW and one for a companion. Just for the look, no mods).

I purchased this one a couple months ago and would like to share it, to be able to use with other characters as well. I found this Collections thing, but I got only this far...

https://i.imgur.com/xJ6Lsel.jpg

And when I open the collections the only armor in that 1% is Thexan's (I purchased it ages ago I didn't even remember lol). But where the hell are the other THREE?

I am so lost pls forgive me for being a noob and help :'))

This is annoying.

So what you are gonna wanna do is look for a button with a $ like sign and an arrow pointing upwards, when you press that it'll tell you how much Cartel Coins you need to be able to unlock it for your entire account, normally the account unlock is justified but it's Rarity, Bronze NORMALLY being 60ccs, Silver NORMALLY being 240ccs, Gold NORMALLY being 400ccs and some Platinum items being 600ccs, all though is not always the case, some golds can be 60ccs for example.

EDIT: Since I am also a little oblivious..

You'll want to get that armor you brought and wear it at least on one character, once all the armor parts has been registered, you'll then gain the ability to account unlock.

https://i.imgur.com/6I0CZuv.png

Image is just to help show you what button you need to lookout for :)

Edited by iFenris

A few things you need to know:

1) Your screenshot shows you have only three of the 7 pieces of that armor set (or at least, you've only equipped 3 pieces). To unlock armor, you need to acquire all the pieces of the set (in this case 7, but some have 6 or fewer) and equip all the pieces on the same character.

2) Once you've done that, the tooltip on pieces from the set will say "Unlocked for Character in Collections", meaning the character that unlocked the set can retrieve additional copies at no cost. (screenshot) So you can outfit your companion(s) with gear that matches yours, or whatever. To further complicate matters, all your characters will see "Unlocked for Character in Collections" in the item tooltip, even though only the one character will be able to get free copies of it. Other characters will have the "lootbox" button on the set in Collections greyed out and the tooltip on the button will say, "You do not have permission to reclaim this item."

3) If you want your other characters to be able to use it, you will need to pay Cartel Coins to unlock it, as iFenris explained. It then will be "Unlocked for Account in Collections", (screenshot) and any character you have can get copies of it at no further cost.

The other repliers gave you the gist, enough to answer your question. If you want to understand collections a bit more, I'll link my old guide on it (I did just make a few updates):

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8222823#post8222823

And I can't help myself from giving a little unsolicited advice, sorry :)

Looking at your inventory, some pointers:

A) You don't need to keep all those medpacs. I carry two types:

1) lowest level I have (ex: basic)

2) highest level I have

Why? Level sync. When you are level-sync'd, ALL medpacs scale to the same max for that planet level, basic, superior, trauma, optimized, no matter!

When not level-sync'd, only then do you want to have the one that corresponds to your level.

B) Use your cargo bay for bound items you don't normally use but want to keep! And use, your Legacy Storage Hold for sharable items (companion gifts).

C) No need to carry a lot of that green L66 210 stuff. You'll have s-loads of it. I just vendor it all. I used to keep a bunch in legacy storage so a new toon could grab them and vendor for cash. But now with the legacy bank (bottom of the Legacy Storage), I just vendor it and deposit the credits there for another toon to withdraw.

Sorry, I'm a bit of an OCD neat-freak ;)