Lowbie lvl 40 stealth premade trolling for at least 6 weeks

TrixxieTriss

This is a vent of frustration because I know there isn’t anything I can do or probably Bioware would do. They aren’t technically breaking any rules. I just want to share how horrible these people are to their fellow players.

A well known poster on these forums or someone with an extremely similar name that has to do with his and has the theme of “you being bad and mad”, has there own troll stealth 4x premade squad sitting in lowbie pvp on Star Forge.

They leave right at the end of every match so they stay al lvl 40 and can stay in lowbies forever. (Yes, I know we’ve seen this dumb behaviour for years)

Normally this sort of behaviour doesn’t bother me so much, because a. They are usually terrible players and probably couldn’t deal with Mids or lvl 70 players... b. They are just sad individuals and I would usually feel sorry for them.

But these guys have been doing it for at least 6 weeks and they aren’t even nice about it. They’ll let you know what they are doing if you ask. If you’re on their team you can watch them pick one person to troll all match by 4v1ing them and then laugh to rub it in. If you are winning Void Star by holding the door, don’t let them guard cause they will purposely let them cap so they can then troll people by knocking them off the bridge. They don’t even care if they make the team lose if someone gets past them and caps.

Then if you’re on the other team, look out, you have little chance of winning unless they let you so they can farm you for the longest period possible for that WZ.

I mainly lvl in pvp as pve is bat crap boring and too easy or grindy. I’ve been trying to get 10 Alts on Star Forge to 70 so I’ve got one of every spec to play lvl 70 pvp. In the time I’ve lvld 4 toons, they are still trolling lowbie bracket to the point it kills it within 5-6 games of them appearing if there aren’t many people in the queue. Theyve done this nearly every day this last week.

They are making new pvpers experiences horrible and people will stop playing pvp or getting to learn it for higher lvl pvp. Which is the last thing we need as pvp quality is getting worse and more players are leaving the game all the time.

I’m imploring the good people here who may know who these fools are to have a word with them and see if you can get them to stop.

Other than that, this is to vent my frustration at fools who feel the need to ruin the game more than it already is.

There is nothing funny in rerolling low just to go premade versus the inexperienced or ungeared or simply unpremade. This is just as funny as the exploit which let people go to Tython and kill level 1 players in there with their maxed guy before there was level-sync. People have nothing better to do in their life or even in their game time. Videos of this aren't worth the megabytes consumed from the infinite space on the internet unless intended to report those people, though currently, they are operating within the gaps of law... Maybe once the devs realize these guys cause a loss of subscribers on purpose...

At least the victims eventually get the higher brackets and lose these morons in the dust, but I guess we have them to thank for some noobs who actually knew the best way is to level through PVP and simply couldn't...

If some nice people have some spare time on their hands, queue premade of tank, 2 DPS and a healer and hunt them down, that could be a video worth watching :D

Edited by Rafiknoll

As it was said, as long as they don't gain some kind of advantage or harass someone with their behavior, its pretty much in line with the rules.

So yeah, you can just mention it here and thats pretty much it. I also do lowbies while leveling especially when you can just go with class story missions and its enough to keep your level up to planet. On Darth Malgus you do see often that one team is better than the other, you even see guilds online (premade) in lowbies, which is a bit too much but its there. So yeah, its PVP and it will always have things like that.

You need to give up on regs Triss. The format is just a horrible, unbalanced mess with way too many random factors to be enjoyable.

Give me back my APAC servers or even a west coast one and I’d be there with bells on. Sadly 300ms is bad enough in regs. Ranked is just too brutal.

I’m actually just trying to lvl up new Alts on a new server so I can do more lvl 70 pvp than just my Jugg/Guardian/Sent/Mara. But pops are already slow in the lower brackets and these idiots are just making it worse.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Give me back my APAC servers or even a west coast one and I’d be there with bells on. Sadly 300ms is bad enough in regs. Ranked is just too brutal.

I’m actually just trying to lvl up new Alts on a new server so I can do more lvl 70 pvp than just my Jugg/Guardian/Sent/Mara. But pops are already slow in the lower brackets and these idiots are just making it worse.

I think I know this "team" you speak of. Yeah, they are *****. Not much you can do, besides yell at them on fleet (or wherever). I'd call what they are doing greifing.. but good luck getting BW to even notice.

If I were you, I'd level past 40 outside of PVP, then PVP to 70. Of course, until the 60's you'll be a doormat. But you should be used to that if you level through pvp.

EA has some options here.

1. Allow players to lock XP so they no longer have to leave the match early to avoid XP.

2. Put all levels 10-69 in one bracket, so there is zero incentive for people to stay low level in WZs.

3. Discourage players from leaving matches early by penalizing them or grant XP to those who leave matches early.

4. Make mid tier and 70 tier PVP as fun as lowbie PVP is, to give people reasons to want to level up and PVP in the higher tiers. Sadly lowbie PVP is actually more fun for many.

I personally find this hillarious, funny and hardly harmful. At least they're not screwing with Team Ranked.

Lowbie pvp is extremely unenjoyable at its core and unbalanced. Also the speed of leveling is so fast most players won't get to play many matches and no one in their right mind would take advantage of lowbie pvp in order to level up.

Most players would and should get their experience points asap to get into Galactic Command and then start PvPing.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I personally find this hillarious, funny and hardly harmful. At least they're not screwing with Team Ranked.

Lowbie pvp is extremely unenjoyable at its core and unbalanced. Also the speed of leveling is so fast most players won't get to play many matches and no one in their right mind would take advantage of lowbie pvp in order to level up.

Most players would and should get their experience points asap to get into Galactic Command and then start PvPing.

It is mostly the people who start PVPing at level 70 who suck in their specs and call for irrational buffs and nerfs due to their bad experiences in regs. If everyone would have leveled through PVP and get to practice fighting a living person before he has his abilities, everyone would appreciate better how some DCds work, how are they countered, and will realize that using stun breaker on slows is a bad idea. Now the people who WANT to do this right and not be a burden in lvl 70 get hampered when doing so...

There is never anything hilarious in trolling effectively. If the majority of the world would finally get mature and realize this, we wouldn't have so many kinds of trolls in games. I mean, I can understand (and condemn) those who attempt to gain unfairly and don't mind others getting harmed/pissed for it. But having your goal to simply piss someone without further gains, that's simply childish, the 40+ years-old kind of childish...

This is a vent of frustration because I know there isn’t anything I can do or probably Bioware would do. They aren’t technically breaking any rules. I just want to share how horrible these people are to their fellow players.

A well known poster on these forums or someone with an extremely similar name that has to do with his and has the theme of “you being bad and mad”, has there own troll stealth 4x premade squad sitting in lowbie pvp on Star Forge.

They leave right at the end of every match so they stay al lvl 40 and can stay in lowbies forever. (Yes, I know we’ve seen this dumb behaviour for years)

Normally this sort of behaviour doesn’t bother me so much, because a. They are usually terrible players and probably couldn’t deal with Mids or lvl 70 players... b. They are just sad individuals and I would usually feel sorry for them.

But these guys have been doing it for at least 6 weeks and they aren’t even nice about it. They’ll let you know what they are doing if you ask. If you’re on their team you can watch them pick one person to troll all match by 4v1ing them and then laugh to rub it in. If you are winning Void Star by holding the door, don’t let them guard cause they will purposely let them cap so they can then troll people by knocking them off the bridge. They don’t even care if they make the team lose if someone gets past them and caps.

Then if you’re on the other team, look out, you have little chance of winning unless they let you so they can farm you for the longest period possible for that WZ.

I mainly lvl in pvp as pve is bat crap boring and too easy or grindy. I’ve been trying to get 10 Alts on Star Forge to 70 so I’ve got one of every spec to play lvl 70 pvp. In the time I’ve lvld 4 toons, they are still trolling lowbie bracket to the point it kills it within 5-6 games of them appearing if there aren’t many people in the queue. Theyve done this nearly every day this last week.

They are making new pvpers experiences horrible and people will stop playing pvp or getting to learn it for higher lvl pvp. Which is the last thing we need as pvp quality is getting worse and more players are leaving the game all the time.

I’m imploring the good people here who may know who these fools are to have a word with them and see if you can get them to stop.

Other than that, this is to vent my frustration at fools who feel the need to ruin the game more than it already is.

You sound like you're mad cuz bad.

I think I know this "team" you speak of. Yeah, they are *****. Not much you can do, besides yell at them on fleet (or wherever). I'd call what they are doing greifing.. but good luck getting BW to even notice.

If I were you, I'd level past 40 outside of PVP, then PVP to 70. Of course, until the 60's you'll be a doormat. But you should be used to that if you level through pvp.

Yeah, I did that with my first 4 toons and I play 70s when the lowbie and mid queue dies. I’m trying to get the next 6 through now and just got two into the 40s. The others are stuck between 26 -35 because lowbies is dead and it gets worse with these idiots killing the queue every day.

Mids isn’t too bad, door mat wise (depending on the class). Most of the people are rubbish, so I’m prett competitive even at lvl 41.

EA has some options here.

1. Allow players to lock XP so they no longer have to leave the match early to avoid XP.

2. Put all levels 10-69 in one bracket, so there is zero incentive for people to stay low level in WZs.

3. Discourage players from leaving matches early by penalizing them or grant XP to those who leave matches early.

4. Make mid tier and 70 tier PVP as fun as lowbie PVP is, to give people reasons to want to level up and PVP in the higher tiers. Sadly lowbie PVP is actually more fun for many.

Not sure how locking XP would fix this issue. All it would do it allow them to get credits as well as troll. Not really a disincentive. What would be better is you get the XP even if you leave right at the end before the score board. But not actually announce this is what happens ;)

GW2 actually have a pvp system that puts all lvls into end game pvp. Besides ranked, there is only one reg queue and it doesn’t matter what lvl you are.

You all get boosted to max lvl with all abilities unlocked for pvp. They even give you generic armor and weapons if you don’t have them.

Only experience and skill prevails as it’s basically a lvl playing field for everyone.

Hey, I'm well into the 40+ years bracket, and I don't find trolling funny or witty at all. Then again, I never did.

Sorry if you took offense, this is not the way I meant it. I meant that usually adults who are childish tend to be more mean and harmful, and have a worse sense of humor than actual childish children. (In other words The children who knock on the door and run grow up to either 'evolve' their childish ways and become people who enjoy trolling, or eventually have maturity turned on and find better ways to have fun). In no way I meant to say that all 40+ are childish. All I said is those who are, are worse than children

I level via lowbies because I cannot stand pve anymore, the levels of stupidity of the games population is not limited to pvp and solo questing is like meh... done it like 100 times.

It is actually fairly balanced, tank and heals are not so god mode and things actually die!

I level via lowbies because I cannot stand pve anymore, the levels of stupidity of the games population is not limited to pvp and solo questing is like meh... done it like 100 times.

It is actually fairly balanced, tank and heals are not so god mode and things actually die!

Agreed. ^

I find all the negative awful things in 70 pvp are not present in lowbie PVP. There's something to be said for the simplicity in lower level PVP no doubt. The only thing I miss are some of the cool abilities you get later on.

My biggest issue with 70s PVP is with the vast number of CC, CC-immunities, and speed burst abilities that nearly every class gets.

70s PVP turns into who has the most escapes/CC/CC-immunities festival and it sucks. This crap doesn't get fully "developed" till the later levels and it's no surprise level 70s balance becomes so hard for the devs to fix.

That is fairly true. Plus there is no gear discrepancy or gear gods. Everyone has the same lvl of gear bolstered.

Sure no gear discrepancy but massive level discrepancy instead. Level 39 vs level 15, totally fair.

Yes, they have more abilities and it sucks till you get to lvl 20. But then it lvls out a bit. When you get to Mids, it’s not so bad,

Ideally they’d just give everyone all the passives available for the cap if that bracket. Abilities would be good too, but it’s the passives that can really make the difference,

I just thought of a way Bioware could “reward” these guys for their lowbie pvp dedication (punish, LoL)

First they check how many pvp matches they have played since hitting lvl 40 and combine that with how long they been sitting at lvl 40.

If the amount of XP they should have received for playing that many matches would have lvl’d them 10 times over, then Bioware could just boost them to lvl 41 for “free” because they must be having internet problems and Bioware might feel obliged to help them along for being so dedicated trying to lvl to 41 and not succeeding ;)

I mean, I like getting free rewards for dedicated game play :D

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Whenever I go up against a permade I just listen to music, drink booze, and play hide and seek. I really don’t care about what happens anyway. I just go and emote (usually sing) near them and don’t even engage. If they try to fight me I just find a cliff to jump off. You can’t win the game, but you can win the contest of who makes it less fun for the other. I get no end of enjoyment laughing at a premade group thinking they are so great as they wait around for someone to fight only to just wait and wait.

One of my favorite arenas ever was when we had three healers and a tank, and we all agreed not to fight at all. We just ran around and acted dumb.

What I am suggesting is you can’t beat a troll, but you can out troll a troll.