Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No, I am not teaching your guild how to raid

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No, I am not teaching your guild how to raid

AlienEyeTX
03.08.2018 , 06:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by McBaal View Post
People like you are the reason why i don't play group content. Too hard to find someone with good manners and neither worth my time nor the trouble.
Agreed. Seems kind of rude. People wanted to learn. Now they'll all probably leave the game because toxic players.
You like free stuff, right? Click on this referral link to get yours. I'll get a little something, too. Welcome home. #freethelekku

LordTurin
03.08.2018 , 06:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Agreed. Seems kind of rude. People wanted to learn. Now they'll all probably leave the game because toxic players.
And as literally everyone else has pointed out, how was he toxic? He joined a group to do an op, not to teach it. If he had been invited in to "teach it" and then quit after a wipe, that's a different issue.

Almost every single person who runs ops or group content will be more than happy to explain how to do it, as long as they are told beforehand. Springing it on them after wiping is bad manners (or worse, you don't tell them and they find out by checking your achievements), and tells the person who is willing to explain that you actually aren't interested in learning.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

translucentwolf
03.08.2018 , 06:52 PM | #13
People like you are the reason why i don't play group content. Too hard to find someone with good manners and neither worth my time nor the trouble.
Any chance of getting your in-game info? Toon or legacy name or something? In case I want to put you on one of my lists. Not the friend one. Don't worry about that
That which does not kill you merely postpones the inevitable.

TrixxieTriss
03.08.2018 , 06:52 PM | #14
I dont think it’s unreasonable for the OPS leader to have atleast watched a YouTube video on it. Honestly, they all should have If it was their first time.
I’m mainly a pvper, but back when I did the occasional OPS with my then guild, I still took the time to watch something so I wouldn’t slow them down too much.
Maybe the op could have handle the situation better, but they aren’t at fault. The blame lands purely on the raid leader and partially on the rest. They could have at least said at the start that they’d never done it and did someone who had want to be the leader. Then the op could have bowed out gracefully or decided to help. But the op wasn’t given that option, so I can understand how they felt.
I actually wish people who’ve never pvp’d in this game till lvl 70, would go watch some YouTube on how the WZ mechanics work. There is nothing more frustrating than people running off and leaving stuff undefended or not calling incs or not passing the ball because they don’t know how the map works.
I dont mind teaching pvp in the lowest bracket, I put up with it a little in Mids, but I don’t tolerate it in lvl 70. I will leave matches when I see they don’t even know how the map mechanics work. Nobody has the time or patience to teach at lvl 70 because that’s end game for pvpers, you should already know what you are doing before you step into it. That’s what lowbies and Mids is for. Otherwise we may as well have the same pvp system as Guild Wars 2 and everyone gets boosted to lvl 70 with max gear and you get dropped into a very deep pool and need to learn not to drown. Let me tell you, that learn curve in GW2 is extreme if you try going in at lvl 20 and have never pvp’d in that game.

TrixxieTriss
03.08.2018 , 06:55 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
How is that toxic? The blame falls squarely on the leader for not informing people they didn’t know the raid. You can’t be the leader if you don’t know 😉

DWho
03.08.2018 , 07:02 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
How is that toxic? The blame falls squarely on the leader for not informing people they didn’t know the raid. You can’t be the leader if you don’t know 😉
Not necessarily toxic but a negative experience they will likely remember and it will color their future opinion of PUG/group players. There would have been nothing wrong with saying you didn't have time to teach them the operation but dropping right after they asked, without another word, would be somewhat rude if that was the way it happened.

PetFish
03.08.2018 , 07:08 PM | #17
So something isn’t worth your time nor your trouble and that’s ok but this person doesn’t want to waste their time nor their trouble explaining an entire operation to noobs who can’t even be considerate enough to mention they have never done it and somehow that’s *not* ok and you’re mad about that?

Hypocrite much?
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

xordevoreaux
03.08.2018 , 08:33 PM | #18
And if they did say "will you teach us..." then the generativity** in me comes out (I'm 50).

**not to be confused with generous
Spoiler

If they said that, I can entirely believe they're all kids, and made an honest supplication to the OP.
Will you teach us...
I probably would. I'd gently explain people have expectations walking into an op, and yes, youngins, here is how you do this op, let's get started...

Kids don't always know how, or know that they must, communicate certain information or do so in a certain way.
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/F4XbCd
In English, a leading X on a word is pronounced like a Z. (zorDEVoro).

TrixxieTriss
03.08.2018 , 08:44 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
Not necessarily toxic but a negative experience they will likely remember and it will color their future opinion of PUG/group players. There would have been nothing wrong with saying you didn't have time to teach them the operation but dropping right after they asked, without another word, would be somewhat rude if that was the way it happened.
What about the time the op wasted before it got to that point? I didn’t read they offered an apology? It works both ways you know. From my point of view, they were trying to pull the proverbial “wool” over the eyes of the op. That is a major negative experience for the op too. I would be angry and frustrated as well and I can fully understand the op’s knee jerk reaction to leaving. Especially after he did try to give directions before that second boss fight and was ignored.
The raid leader and his guild were definitely 100% to blame for the whole situation.
I also can’t see those guys not doing OPS anymore because they had this negative experience. They can always go as a guild, if they can be bothered to learn the raid first. If not, it’s probably better that they stay out of them altogether because they “will” ruin other people’s fun with the sort of attitude they displayed to the op.

Ner_idia
03.08.2018 , 09:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Your frustration is understandable. I can't figure out when gamers decided to not only to never look up a boss and know what to do or at least have some clue but now they expect someone to walk them through every encounter without doing any work themselves on finding out about the fight.
And...we're back on the old treadmill. I'm familiar with how group content is supposed to work....but why should I "have" to look up how other people did it?