Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Date Updates!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VarKoE
03.08.2018 , 06:49 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
When it hits the fan, you'd either get it done or not be employed and 4 months would never be acceptable.

Your assumption is thinking you couldn't be replaced for your failure no matter what your excuse is and the one of oh it's just code we can't get right as if that would continue to be some excuse anyone in my field would take would really send out clients over the edge not to mention the owners. You simply wouldn't be needed any near a 4 month late no working project. It's never cut and dry but we expect our people to work through it till it is and 4 months late would never fly.
While your at it go back and re-read my post. 4 weeks not months. Your pretty mouthy for a guy/girl that has been wrong all the way through this. You also may be or may not be great at your work but I can tell you would struggle working for us. But that is probably our gain. Feel free to gripe about the game all you want friend. But your need to personally attack others is really a bad look and really causes me to doubt much of what you say. But hey, you don't need my belief so rock on.

Quraswren
03.08.2018 , 06:51 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by VarKoE View Post
SNIP... Feel free to gripe about the game all you want friend.
I very much intend to when I think it's deserved.

Quote:
don't need my belief so rock on.
No I do not.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

ArdeliaAgain
03.08.2018 , 07:07 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
19 years so far employing teams of coders and we're doing quite well.
"Employing teams of coders" isn't a horribly meaningful term. It's not unusual for developers to report to business-side managers, or for consultants to bring them in on a project basis.

I'll say this much: in all my years, I've never once heard a developer refer to themselves as "coders". Project managers call them that, as do business managers. Different critter all together, but it explains an awful lot.

At any rate, congratulations on your (suddenly claimed) industry success. May you continue to hire competent people.
When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?

JattaGin
03.09.2018 , 05:10 AM | #84
Interesting how the discussion has been distracted from the actual topic at hand. Well played.

I repeat my question: Is Izax really the only reason why you delay not only one, but two updates? Everything else is ready and on schedule?

Is the conquest update ready?

Are the companion returns ready?

Is the romance ready?

Despite what certain people in this thread claim, everyone showed understanding for a delay of Izax and appreciated a fix of any issues. In fact, most players couldn't care less for him/her/it.

OPs bosses have been delayed throughout the last year. It didn't lead to delayed updates. They just pushed the OPs boss back an update or two. Why not this time, if everything else is ready? That is, unless it's not just Izax... but then why blame it on Izax, resp. the players' feedback? Makes it sound like the players are to blame for the delay of two updates, because they are not satisfied with what they got. I don't like this innuendo.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Lt-Snake
03.09.2018 , 08:15 AM | #85
"Its kind of sad the defense of pushing back the release. Some people think that as long as they mention quality then its great news and others are so grateful for any information that it doesn't matter what is said they will thank Keith for it.

At which point, it seems all Keith really has to do is keep pushing back 5.8 till next year and as long as he keeps saying quality and giving 2 weeks notice everything will be great. At what point will people stop defending the state of the game. Its been months since the last update, what is being released is very very little and even with months between updates its still so bad it can't be released on time."

-Valerien
Click on this Link to get 7 days of sub time for free.
http://www.swtor.com/r/D8hd2s

KeithKanneg
03.09.2018 , 09:55 AM | #86 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I'm glad you were able to laugh at that comment

Our frustration isn't ever personal Keith...we're delighted to be spending our money and time on the things you guys work on every day...we spend HOURS, every day, playing in a world you guys created from scratch...some of us spend more time online in a single day, than you guys possibly could at the office.

I hope you take all of our frustrations as praise for how much we enjoy what you guys work on. Don't ever be insulted...be humbled by how much passion you're able to create doing what you do. We wouldn't be here complaining if we weren't also enthralled by what you guys do for a living
Hey Tux, that's actually how I took it and was poking fun at myself, too. I do plan to tell everyone about what we are planning, how we want to deliver updates, and also discuss our expansion plans for SWTOR. I'll post up some insight when I'm ready to start those discussions (but, it's definitely not for at least another month).

--Keith-
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Eshvara
03.09.2018 , 09:59 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey Tux, that's actually how I took it and was poking fun at myself, too. I do plan to tell everyone about what we are planning, how we want to deliver updates, and also discuss our expansion plans for SWTOR. I'll post up some insight when I'm ready to start those discussions (but, it's definitely not for at least another month).

--Keith-
Thanks for telling us, and take your time! Have a good weekend!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

TUXs
03.09.2018 , 10:36 AM | #88

--Keith-
I'm looking very forward to it Keith! No matter what your future plans are, we'll want more...and that's a good thing...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Master_Morak
03.09.2018 , 11:59 AM | #89
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of Game Updates 5.8 and 5.9. After reviewing our internal test results along with the feedback we’ve received from the players on our Public Test Server (PTS), we decided release 5.8 is not ready and needs a bit more time to make the necessary adjustments. The new targeted release date for 5.8 is now a week later on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This additional time will help ensure we deliver a quality experience with Izax, the final Boss encounter for Gods from the Machine.

Also, while I have your attention, this means we will also move the release of Game Update 5.9 one additional week, too. We were planning to release 5.9 on April 24th, but the new date will be Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

Thanks all,

--Keith-
Nice - on one side is it better to deliver quality than bugs, on the other side we have a full month without new content.

One Little update each month, now you spare one or app. 1/12 of the budget.

BtW releae Day: May 1 - it's Labor Day - in most countries a holiday, a perfect day to shut down the servers für maintenance - great job.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

ArdeliaAgain
03.09.2018 , 12:57 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Lt-Snake View Post
"Its kind of sad the defense of pushing back the release. Some people think that as long as they mention quality then its great news and others are so grateful for any information that it doesn't matter what is said they will thank Keith for it.

At which point, it seems all Keith really has to do is keep pushing back 5.8 till next year and as long as he keeps saying quality and giving 2 weeks notice everything will be great. At what point will people stop defending the state of the game. Its been months since the last update, what is being released is very very little and even with months between updates its still so bad it can't be released on time."

-Valerien
Right. That's not hyperbolic at all.

Did you know that you can be generally critical of the state of the game, and still say "hey, this one thing this one time was a good move?"

It doesn't make you a white knight. It doesn't make you a mindless defender drone, or cause you to immediately change forum faction, or anything like that. Your online persona stays secure.
When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?