Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Date Updates!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KeithKanneg
03.07.2018 , 03:59 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on the status of Game Updates 5.8 and 5.9. After reviewing our internal test results along with the feedback we’ve received from the players on our Public Test Server (PTS), we decided release 5.8 is not ready and needs a bit more time to make the necessary adjustments. The new targeted release date for 5.8 is now a week later on Tuesday, March 20, 2018. This additional time will help ensure we deliver a quality experience with Izax, the final Boss encounter for Gods from the Machine.

Also, while I have your attention, this means we will also move the release of Game Update 5.9 one additional week, too. We were planning to release 5.9 on April 24th, but the new date will be Tuesday, May 1, 2018.

Thanks all,

--Keith-
Keith Kanneg | Game Producer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Exocor
03.07.2018 , 04:06 PM | #2
I appreciate, that you inform us that early (No /s!). Moved our planned Izax-super-special raid into the following week.

In addition, I hope, that things can be figured out properly and that Izax will be as promising as it sounded until now. Keep up the good work!
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

Eshvara
03.07.2018 , 04:08 PM | #3
B..b...but what about my prepared body for the Arcann romance?

Spoiler

Oh welp...just a wee bit longer! & Thanks for the update!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

TUXs
03.07.2018 , 04:13 PM | #4
Thank you Keith.

Although none of us want the delay, I truly appreciate your honesty about it. Keep it up
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

aerockyul
03.07.2018 , 04:17 PM | #5
Late and tested/fixed is so much better than early and buggy

inb4 "I planned my vacation around this update!!!11!" *grumble grumble rawr*
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Rienami, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

PennyAnn
03.07.2018 , 04:31 PM | #7
So the launch of the new Conquest will not happen? What conquest event will run that week then?
Pain is inevitable, suffering is not.
My Referral Link

masterceil
03.07.2018 , 04:32 PM | #8
Appreciate the heads up. My guild's looking forward to the new Conquest, but better to iron out any bugs with the patch in general than to release something broken and sour folks on the new Conquest system or Izax or whatever else is good in the patch : )
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Jerba
03.07.2018 , 04:34 PM | #9
Ugh, this should have been announced earlier. Don't get me wrong, I want the new boss to be polished, so if it needs extra time so be it, but please realize that since you announced this would be a NiM-tuned boss with a time-limited title, players were building teams and scheduling raids for the announced date. Now having to reschedule is very frustrating.

Eshvara
03.07.2018 , 04:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Ugh, this should have been announced earlier. Don't get me wrong, I want the new boss to be polished, so if it needs extra time so be it, but please realize that since you announced this would be a NiM-tuned boss with a time-limited title, players were building teams and scheduling raids for the announced date. Now having to reschedule is very frustrating.
There's that chance that everything was on schedule, until today happened. Just a thought.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀