Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I lack the Willpower (Mastery) to unsubscribe.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I lack the Willpower (Mastery) to unsubscribe.

PetFish
03.08.2018 , 01:18 AM | #11
The sad thing is that before SWTOR I had never played an MMO and I was sure this was going to happen.

My friend was playing beta-testing this and was begging me to play when it came out. I explained my reasons for not wanting to and playing it too much or becoming addicted was the reason.

He would not shut up nor leave me alone and I finally caved and now here I am exactly where I feared I would be and he's nowhere to be found.

FMMMOL
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

ForfiniteStories
03.08.2018 , 01:53 AM | #12
Clearly, your reasons for playing it then are different than they are now. You might want to reconsider what you want from a game and adjust accordingly.

Sherden
03.08.2018 , 12:49 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
That still sounds like a form of addiction. 😉
It's fear of the separation process.
If you CLICK HERE you will get THIS. Help yourself by helping another
Server: Starforge.
Osfryd Jaezmin: Ladyxis Oblithra
Kitamas

aerockyul
03.08.2018 , 02:04 PM | #14
I'm taking a little break to retry Andromeda. I was actually able to create a really great looking Ryder this time, and I'm far more engaged with it now. I can't stick to a game too long if I don't like the character models. This is why I never did more than 15% of DA:I and probably never will take it up again. Even the Nexus mods couldn't save that fugly mess for me.
I won't unsub from SWTOR until they shutter it (or they do something like make Ashara leave me the way Elara does

EDIT: I was sure fugly would be censored
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

TUXs
03.08.2018 , 02:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
The sad thing is that before SWTOR I had never played an MMO and I was sure this was going to happen.

My friend was playing beta-testing this and was begging me to play when it came out. I explained my reasons for not wanting to and playing it too much or becoming addicted was the reason.

He would not shut up nor leave me alone and I finally caved and now here I am exactly where I feared I would be and he's nowhere to be found.

FMMMOL
Do you have any fun when you log on? I don't know anyone happy with the lack of development, but what we do have is still fun to play, and the people I play with make it the best game ever. If you don't already, find a group of players you fit in with, and play with them...you'd be amazed at how much stupid fun you can have doing the same **** over and over with the right people.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

DocDAM
03.08.2018 , 03:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I'm taking a little break to retry Andromeda. I was actually able to create a really great looking Ryder this time, and I'm far more engaged with it now.
Mind sharing? I struggled with that. Not that I have any plans to go back any time soon. Biggest disappointment in a game I've ever experienced.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]

Nyla
03.08.2018 , 03:46 PM | #17
I need an intervention or something.
You should PM me your login informations, I can clean your account for you.

aerockyul
03.08.2018 , 03:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DocDAM View Post
Mind sharing? I struggled with that. Not that I have any plans to go back any time soon. Biggest disappointment in a game I've ever experienced.
I got her to look really close to Aubrey Plaza (wasn't going for that, but as it got closer I went with it, and the more I liked it (big Parks & Rec fan)). The girl before (that I could no longer play with, but was the best I could do at the time after wasting over an hour in that creator)--all i can say is she looked like a raccoon/fox hybrid. Charitably. I agree with you on the disappointment. The character creator limitations and overall look of the character models were so much of a turnoff that I didn't want to continue even though I happen to like how the game works.

I still hate the the look of the hair in ME:A...every single color is far too shiny, with no gloss/sheen sliders.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

PetFish
03.08.2018 , 04:11 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ForfiniteStories View Post
Clearly, your reasons for playing it then are different than they are now. You might want to reconsider what you want from a game and adjust accordingly.
I know what I have to do but don't have the strength to do it. Will you help me?

Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Do you have any fun when you log on? I don't know anyone happy with the lack of development, but what we do have is still fun to play, and the people I play with make it the best game ever. If you don't already, find a group of players you fit in with, and play with them...you'd be amazed at how much stupid fun you can have doing the same **** over and over with the right people.
No, I'm not really having fun right now, I probably haven't had actual fun since I finished KotFE on multiple characters, then only took one all the way through KotET. This is what's really bugging me is that I can't unsubscribe from something I'm not enjoying... I think mostly cuz it's Star Wars.

I've told myself a few times I'll subscribe "one more time and see how it goes" and even though it's not going how I hope or want I still can't pull the plug.
Here's my referral link if you want your 7 days and free transfer:
www.swtor.com/r/SYTfDw
Remove Datacrons from Legacy and give them a meaningful % boost that scales with level.
RIP SW:ToR Subscription ... December 2012 - July 2018

Xbladez
03.08.2018 , 05:21 PM | #20

FMMMOL
I played SWTOR because of my guild from other game wanted to play SWTOR.
We moved to this game at lauch and we have like 120 members, 50% dropped out during first 6 months due to bad PvP contents (yes, we are PvP'er players), then more left later and now ONLY ME playing SWTOR here and there solo PvE contents. Most of my friends are playing Esport PvP like BnS and they all like "WHAT? YOU'RE STILL PLAYING SWTOR? YOU ARE CRAZY DUDE..." :P