Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Level the playing field on conquests: end the operation last-boss-lockout daisy chain

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Level the playing field on conquests: end the operation last-boss-lockout daisy chain

Khaleg's Avatar


Khaleg
03.07.2018 , 06:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Massive guilds get millions of conquest points ahead of everyone else by manipulating the last boss lockout on operations. Level the playing field by removing this ability and make those guilds run conquests the same as the not-huge guilds.
I totally agree with you although I'm the leader of a rather big guild which benefits from this but it's basically a tolerated cheat/exploit (more like ignorance from Bioware imho though, not "tolerated" in the real meaning) that should have been removed ages ago...So much ignorance from Bioware here.
Things that are not fair should not stay in a game that long. There's no place for such bs in any game.
It's ridiculous and absurd to get the FULL conquest points for a conquest objective by doing just 1/5 to 1/7 of it, and that over and over until you run out of chars. Pah Bioware...
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.07.2018 , 10:41 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
I totally agree with you although I'm the leader of a rather big guild which benefits from this but it's basically a tolerated cheat/exploit (more like ignorance from Bioware imho though, not "tolerated" in the real meaning) that should have been removed ages ago...So much ignorance from Bioware here.
Things that are not fair should not stay in a game that long. There's no place for such bs in any game.
It's ridiculous and absurd to get the FULL conquest points for a conquest objective by doing just 1/5 to 1/7 of it, and that over and over until you run out of chars. Pah Bioware...
Guilds putting up MILLIONS of points are usually doing it via crafting on every alt they have, and ones they create just for Conquest points...it's not final boss lockouts. Crafting, imo, is what skews Conquests out of proportion - the simple fact that none of those alts needs to even be played during Conquests to rack up millions of points is why guilds can post those kinds of numbers.

I'm not suggesting crafting is easy or cheap...it's not...players invest weeks to months into gathering mats for Conquest pushes, it's not at all "fun"...these players do "work" for those points...those alts are played extensively beforehand to gather the mats necessary to make an impact, but they're not "played" during Conquest weeks except to do the actual crafting, which can be done offline.

It's not last boss lockouts...not at all...those points are minimal compared to what players are putting up while crafting is happening on other toons that aren't even logged in.

This is where it gets complicated to me...the guilds that put up MILLIONS of points, DO work their arses off for those points...they spend weeks and months gathering what's needed to make that type of impact...but I also don't think it's fair that an offline activity can net so much more than IN-GAME activities during the actual Conquest week. It's a hard problem to solve imo...but it sure as hell has very little to do with last boss lockouts.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.07.2018 , 10:45 AM | #23
To repeat what I put in the other thread on this topic:

Oh dear, I'm not a crafter and run a small guild so I hate crafting week! It should be nerfed!

/sarcasm

Seriously they're making conquest random in a few days and you're complaining about lockouts?

RagnarAugustus's Avatar


RagnarAugustus
03.07.2018 , 01:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
an 8 account guild is "huge"? really. or do you think that nerfing ops running will allow your tiny guild to compete with the mega guilds? not a chance.
^^^This. The OP can also make multiple toons of the same class using legacy gear to run these operations the same way taht the 'large guilds' do if he really wants to compete. But he sounds like he just doesn't want to grind the way the larger guilds do.

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
03.07.2018 , 01:30 PM | #25
All the last boss lockouts do is let some folks who don't do a lot of ops get some exposure to them, and let's folks who may not have a lot of time a chance to get the conquest goal for the week (and also play with friends in a low stress environment). Lockouts aren't gonna let your guild that gets 500k catch up to the guild doing 15 million. So they'll get 10 million instead, and you'll still have 500k.
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

AlrikFassbauer's Avatar


AlrikFassbauer
03.07.2018 , 01:52 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
Instead of coming on forums to QQ about it, there is nothing stopping you from doing the same thing. This is WAI, and not an exploit.
Is it WAI that those who know it don't tell about it those who don't know it ?
Complex minds
will create
Complex problems.

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
03.07.2018 , 01:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Is it WAI that those who know it don't tell about it those who don't know it ?
What didn't you know exactly? That you get Conquest credit for FINISHING the Op? That you could log out on the final boss? That you can't reset an Op once you've started it and you're forced to start on the boss you left off on?

My answer is YES...it's WAI that those who don't care to know how the system works, don't know how the system works. I don't think it's on Bioware to show anyone shortcuts.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
03.07.2018 , 02:00 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Is it WAI that those who know it don't tell about it those who don't know it ?
I don't think anyone is hiding how it works:

1. Find 7 friends
2. Do an op until the last boss
3. Save a lockout on one character, finish as an alt
4. Form new group, zone everyone in, swap to an alt, queue in progress and join.
5. Repeat step 4 as many times as desired/alts you have
6. profit (sort of, pvp is actually still a little faster if you get 8 people in the guild to do it at once and doesn't have a cap based on alts) (stuff like Dread War where it gives 10 bazillion points to dp/df for infinity excepted).
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Kyrra_T's Avatar


Kyrra_T
03.07.2018 , 06:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Guilds putting up MILLIONS of points are usually doing it via crafting on every alt they have, and ones they create just for Conquest points...it's not final boss lockouts. Crafting, imo, is what skews Conquests out of proportion - the simple fact that none of those alts needs to even be played during Conquests to rack up millions of points is why guilds can post those kinds of numbers.

I'm not suggesting crafting is easy or cheap...it's not...players invest weeks to months into gathering mats for Conquest pushes, it's not at all "fun"...these players do "work" for those points...those alts are played extensively beforehand to gather the mats necessary to make an impact, but they're not "played" during Conquest weeks except to do the actual crafting, which can be done offline.

It's not last boss lockouts...not at all...those points are minimal compared to what players are putting up while crafting is happening on other toons that aren't even logged in.

This is where it gets complicated to me...the guilds that put up MILLIONS of points, DO work their arses off for those points...they spend weeks and months gathering what's needed to make that type of impact...but I also don't think it's fair that an offline activity can net so much more than IN-GAME activities during the actual Conquest week. It's a hard problem to solve imo...but it sure as hell has very little to do with last boss lockouts.
It is true that you don't 'have' to play the characters you are crafting on but nothing is stopping you from playing on them either. I tend to craft on the classes I also play on so yeah I do heroics, ops, etc on those characters while crafting. If it is a group activity you don't need the comps who are currently crafting.

Last week was a crafting week. I used the mats that I gather daily (30 mins or so each day, many in my guild do much more daily, pre crafted the assembly components etc on a daily basis every week, regardless of conquest that week.), ran Ops on multiple characters, ran some flashpoints, did some pvp... all of that is quite possible 'while' crafting. I know you know this though. Crafting isn't necessarily offline though it certainly can be. I also ran characters on both pub and imp side doing all these things, it honestly really is a pretty busy week if you are in a crafting guild. The thing is the mats gathering really never stops, that is an every week thing, and I'm not sure that folks who don't enjoy crafting realize this.

PennyAnn's Avatar


PennyAnn
03.07.2018 , 07:32 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
Crafting isn't necessarily offline though it certainly can be.
The issue is though, and you do not really acknowledge this, is that crafting is the ONLY way you can earn conquest objective points while not even being logged in. You can be earning conquest points on as many characters as you have, simultaneously. It's just a matter of logging them in to "cash in" those points that you were earning while NOT online. If you could only earn points by being online while you crafted conquest objective items, it would change the picture drastically (not that I'm suggesting it's a good idea, mind you).

But being able to earn points while NOT playing the game is something that isn't quite right. Yes, of course you CAN play the game at the same time... but even if you do, that doesn't account for the 15 or 30 or 100 characters you have earning points offline while you play that one.
Do not correct a fool or he will hate you; correct a wise man, and he will appreciate you.
My Referral Link