Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keith's 3/4/2018 Interview with the Bad Feeling Podcast

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Keith's 3/4/2018 Interview with the Bad Feeling Podcast

casirabit
03.05.2018 , 01:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
Yes, I also hate being stuck being in either in A or B. Give me C, D, and E.
agreed.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

RikuvonDrake
03.05.2018 , 01:28 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Eloi_BG View Post
Am I the only one who sees a problem here...
Augments only for MM and does not affect class balance (so doesn't affect PVP), but you need to do ranked PVP to get them...
Technically you don't need to do ranked pvp to get them, personally, I have maybe crafted about 120-130 of the new superior augments and never done a single ranked game, I just buy the from GTN. But yes, the whole "farming group ranked" with a 4 DPS combo that we have seen now in the last ranked season I hardly think is what the developers intended when they put the material as a reward from Group Ranked.

In the podcast, Keith talks about how you can get the materials as a drop from CXP Packs, but I am not sure if he really thought that comment through, since the implementation I have maybe opened 2000 packs and have maybe gotten 20 purple mats in total. That is enough for 10 augments...

A bit of a change that the Bad Feeling guys don't do ranked and asked anything about the group ranked becoming a material farm queue.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Andryah
03.05.2018 , 01:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
So a fan based podcast can get time with Keith, but the OFFICIAL FORUMS can go weeks and weeks and weeks and see nothing of him?

Really Bioware? Do you even understand the basics of customer relations?

You clearly do not.

All The Best
There was very little in the podcast that was not already disclosed on swtor.com and forum... so I think you missed your daily dose of objectivity-pills.

Separately, and back on topic....

The most interesting part of the podcast to me is Keith appearing to be a "noob-on-the-bus" with respect to end of fiscal year... which is when operations budgets for the next year get firmed up. Hopefully Keith is better at this process then his predecessors... but at this point.. no signs yet of that being the case.

I do find encouragement in Keith wanting to do an annual high level overview of things to come, with more detail by quarter in his planned roadmaps. I imagine we will not see that until the 2019 fiscal operations budget for swtor is approved and locked-in. Truth be told.. it is the annual overview that really should be more representative of a "roadmap view".
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

JattaGin
03.05.2018 , 01:39 PM | #24
No real story updates in sight then? Quite disappointing. I couldn't care less for OPs and PvP. Those aspects of the game have been killed by the toxic player base a long time ago for me.

I am solely here these days for the story. As are many others.

Keith will learn the hard way that focussing on the 2.5% of the players that enjoy OPs is a mistake. (PvP attracts more players though, I give him that.)
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Kurj
03.05.2018 , 01:50 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
The most interesting part of the podcast to me is Keith appearing to be a "noob-on-the-bus" with respect to end of fiscal year... which is when operations budgets for the next year get firmed up. Hopefully Keith is better at this process then his predecessors... but at this point.. no signs yet of that being the case.
I think Keith might be taking one for the team due to the impact Anthem has had on their resources, so...not so sure I believe that he wasn't aware there would be a time sink at end of year. I think it's more that he wasn't aware that his team would be so heavily cannibalized to feed the Anthem monster, or the impact that would have on future planning. Just my opinion.

Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
No real story updates in sight then? Quite disappointing. I couldn't care less for OPs and PvP. Those aspects of the game have been killed by the toxic player base a long time ago for me.
I didn't get that impression from what I heard. Keith explicitly stated they are working on new storylines. He didn't give any hint as to when we will see any of that - at least nothing that BadFeelingPodcast was allowed to broadcast (you can tell there were a lot of heavy edits). But Chuck and Brian were pretty positive about what they "heard but can't say."

I don't know if any of you listen to BFP - I do regularly. Chuck and Brian are really funny, and they also are what I would call "typical players". They like a bit of PVP, a bit of PVE, some story, etc. Everyone assigns their own value to what "talking heads" say, but for my part, if BFP are positive about what they heard, I'm going to be cautiously optimistic about the future.
Begeren Colony

Elmendra | Ozeranski | Tr'sain | Kurj

Eshvara
03.05.2018 , 01:58 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Milishor View Post
well...variation ? ...screw the rep hypocrites and imp power hungry obsessed ppl ? ...i kinda liked going against them...and hate the fact that i am forced to be part of them..again...
I understand, but the alliance imo, just seemed so bland. Everyone working together in Harmony. It felt like the least star wars to me.
I'm glad I got experience it, and I am personally glad it's coming to an end.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Lium
03.05.2018 , 03:07 PM | #27
True stand-alone multiple factions. A Cartel faction, for example, that can swing across the two main factions. It's own alignment, etc. A versus B forever is boring.
I don't think they have the staff anymore to do something like this. But to be fair, even large MMOs like FFXIV or ESO find adding another playable faction as a metric crapton of work.

Rrusalka
03.05.2018 , 03:17 PM | #28
They had their chance for something unique with the Alliance when KotFE dropped. You have Odessen a common ground where imps and pubs can mingle while picking up quests. But that was it... The ball was really dropped there in my opinion. We should have been able to run Star Fortresses and the arena with our new so called allies. But nope every turn you are denied outside of a couple pvp maps.

Then you are constantly lead by the nose into picking sides with the old imp and pub factions repeatedly.

DarthSpuds
03.05.2018 , 03:23 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
agreed.
But you're happy to be forced to be stuck in the Alliance; and think everyone else should be too?

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

IoNonSoEVero
03.05.2018 , 03:52 PM | #30
I agree. Players with no tolerance for anything other than

Spoiler

Until the REST of us are sick of it.
Republic vs. Empire means no fresh variation. Ever. Again.
No matter how much the imp vs. pub funs scream it'll be great content, it'll be the same old story, expressed this way or that, forever. Predictable. Monotonous. There are only so many ways, which we've seen in the companion stories, to roll out imperial versus pub. All we'll get at this point is more of the same. Different names, different minor schemes, but basically just a different way to get through the same story arc.

Nothing truly unique ever again.
I agree, it's boring and tired and tedious and I DO NOT WANT IT. I LOVE my Alliance. I like getting to work with other people and not just be trapped in some mindless, completely basic JEDI GOOD! SITH BAD! rut.

It's like watching a sports team play one opposing team at every single game.