Stealthers spawn camping

Isaacone

I've experienced this a couple times recently where when I'm leaving spawn in a warzone I immediately get stunned and killed by a group of 3-4 stealthers in a matter of seconds.

I respawn and the same thing happens. I get stunned and killed in a matter of seconds by those same stealthers.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Is this just those players trolling or is this an exploit? Because I have never had this happen before.

So far it's happened twice. Once the other day in hypergate and once earlier today in huttball.

I've experienced this a couple times recently where when I'm leaving spawn in a warzone I immediately get stunned and killed by a group of 3-4 stealthers in a matter of seconds. .

I aplaud this behavour, good troll.

No, this is not an exploit.

OP: most maps, barring huttball and Arenas, you have more than one spawn point - use it.

In arenas, there is no way to get to your spawn before you leave it, so that's not a problem.

In huttball, it is inefficient to kill people right out of spawn because people will respawn ahead of your own ball carrier, if you're getting stomped that bad however, something else is wrong.

In OPG, spawns are pretty hard to camp as they change frequenty.

In all other gamemodes, you ahve at least two exit paths, and camping them is ineffective / inefficient, because if you miss JUST ONE player, you lose the game.

As NikSunridr pointed out most maps have more than one route to exit spawn. Typically when spawn camps happen on most maps it is at the exit that goes to mid (Novare Coast, Alderraan, Yavin). If you've got people camping that spawn take the other exit that is closer to the side node.

Odessen is a bit harder to camp because the spawn point periodically changes but I have seen some bro squads do it occasionally after stumbling across someone leaving a spawn point. If you respawn into an Odessen spawn that is being camped it is a bit annoying since there is no other exit, but chances are your team is going to win that match. People camping a spawn in that map are just damage/kill farming and are a detriment to their team since that map is won by whoever runs the most mods into controlled nodes, not whoever has the most kills. If you got 4 people camping a spawn to kill farm 1 person, your team should end up in control of the nodes since it will be 7 versus 4 elsewhere on the map. It might be annoying but the longer you keep those dorks tied up at the spawn the more likely it will be that your team is going to run up the points.

I've experienced this a couple times recently where when I'm leaving spawn in a warzone I immediately get stunned and killed by a group of 3-4 stealthers in a matter of seconds.

I respawn and the same thing happens. I get stunned and killed in a matter of seconds by those same stealthers.

Is this just those players trolling or is this an exploit? Because I have never had this happen before.

So far it's happened twice. Once the other day in hypergate and once earlier today in huttball.

They're probably just players bored with playing objectives, so they choose a specific enemy to try to kill as many times as possible, and you were their pick.

Ive seen this far too many times in the last 3 months.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

They're probably just players bored with playing objectives, so they choose a specific enemy to try to kill as many times as possible, and you were their pick.

If it was Mids, then I’d believe it. It seems all the bads who can’t dps or play 1v1 outside of a gank squad have rolled Sins or Operatives. They are running in packs of 3-6 and ganking one person over and over. Most aren’t even premade or know each other. They are just sheep following the leader. So it’s possible that it was the leader who has a problem with the OP and not the others.

The classes I see the most of in sub 70 are Sins and Juggs

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Or the OP was doing a ton of damage and got marked. Although you can't see the opposing team's marks it is not hard to figure out when you've been marked.

Usually marks get thrown on healers but if your team doesn't have any or you were a wrecking ball in previous matches featuring some of the same opposing players, one of them might have marked you for focus.

I don't think I've ever had players camp spawn when that has happened to me, but I wouldn't rule it out, particularly if the OP's team was weak that match and could be pushed back to spawn with impunity.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Or the OP was doing a ton of damage and got marked. Although you can't see the opposing team's marks it is not hard to figure out when you've been marked.

Usually marks get thrown on healers but if your team doesn't have any or you were a wrecking ball in previous matches featuring some of the same opposing players, one of them might have marked you for focus.

I don't think I've ever had players camp spawn when that has happened to me, but I wouldn't rule it out, particularly if the OP's team was weak that match and could be pushed back to spawn with impunity.

Or you pissed off someone in a previous match and they hold a grudge, you can get marked by them.