Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Datacrons

Edgar_BCN
03.01.2018 , 11:50 AM | #1
Hello there,

I've just been to two datacrons on Nar Shaddaa (Empire Side). The thing is that in both, the cinematic says that I no longer are able to access the datacron, but it says nothing about the stats of the Datacron, so I don't know what I'm getting or maybe I'm getting nothing after the hard word.

Is there an option on preferences where it hides the statistics of the datacron?

Thanks!

Setokai
03.01.2018 , 12:05 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Edgar_BCN View Post
Hello there,

I've just been to two datacrons on Nar Shaddaa (Empire Side). The thing is that in both, the cinematic says that I no longer are able to access the datacron, but it says nothing about the stats of the Datacron, so I don't know what I'm getting or maybe I'm getting nothing after the hard word.

Is there an option on preferences where it hides the statistics of the datacron?

Thanks!
That's because the datacrons were made legacy wide, so if you collected it once you will see the effect on all your characters on that legacy and no longer have to pick them up
http://www.swtor.com/r/xlcFwx
free stuff for a new or preferred status player

aerockyul
03.01.2018 , 12:15 PM | #3
Hello there,

Thanks!
They are color-coded, but that was when the stats were all separate. A lot of them are now combined into Mastery. I think there is still Presence, Endurance, and the catch-all for Mastery (and the Matrix Cubes, as well). Some of the older datacron guides will have the color-codes and their corresponding stats available. Aim, Cunning, Willpower, Strength were rolled into Mastery.
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Rienami, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Eoinol
03.02.2018 , 01:46 AM | #4
The thing is that in both, the cinematic says that I no longer are able to access the datacron, but it says nothing about the stats of the Datacron, so I don't know what I'm getting or maybe I'm getting nothing after the hard word.
Hio Edgar_BCN,

There are some very good guides to the datacrons online, do a search for "swtor datacron".

Most have information on what each is and where ;-)
Vra'Kesh --- Jagdeth
Happy to help my referrals.
Main Server Darth Malgus accounts on all servers.

DocDAM
03.02.2018 , 07:56 AM | #5
Hello there,

Thanks!
Nothing in the Preferences screen

As others wrote, they are Legacy-wide now. That means, collect them on one toon, and the stat bonuses go to ALL toons. And, as a by product, clicking them yields the "no access" message you saw.

The exceptions:
1) Matrix shard datacrons are not legacy, and can still be collected on each toon. But all they give you is components to construct a pretty much obsolete set of relics.
2) It is mostly cross-faction (you don't have to collect both Rep & Imp Fleet datacrons, you don't have to collect both Rep & Imp Corellia datacrons etc). BUT, the Taris & Balmorra datacrons are faction-specific. So, if you want the full stat bonus set, the Datacron Mastery achievement/title, and the nice achievement award decorations, you have to complete those once each on Rep and Imp.
My Refer a Friend link here. [Rules and Rewards]

Storm-Cutter
03.02.2018 , 11:47 AM | #6
There are also a couple that are changed slightly. - Best check which version of the guide is the most recent. There is a Corellia one for sure that is in a slightly different place and maybe a couple that are easier to get if you can go hunting with a friend, use intercede or force pull or start a duel and use knockbacks.

None are particularly hard with the guides, it just can take some time and getting your head around the peculiarities of the jump / leap/ walk / run / jump with speeder mechanics.

GL
-Storm Cutter.
Like my comment? Refer me and also give a homeless Bantha a new start in life. Just click here.
Cool lightsabre art: ****.**================

Aeneas_Falco
03.02.2018 , 12:21 PM | #7
It definitely sounds like you already obtained those with another character on that same server. That's the message you get when interacting with a datacron you've already found.

As the others have pointed out datacrons now are counted across your entire Legacy with the exception of Matrix Shards.