Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

E.A may lose Disney contract?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
E.A may lose Disney contract?

Eshvara
02.22.2018 , 03:29 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
This is true if only the exclusivity gets pulled. If the whole IP contract gets pulled, operating the game would be a violation of Disney's IP
Are you sure? swtor was around before Disney took over. Why would it result in a violation?
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

TUXs
02.22.2018 , 03:32 PM | #12
We won't be that lucky.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

lightSaberAddiCt
02.22.2018 , 04:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DWho View Post
Correct, that is why it is unlikely to happen. If it did, what portion of the IP agreement was pulled would determine the fate of the game. As it is, The game will operate until the end of the agreement (because there is likely a clause about maintaining a Star Wars MMO in their portfolio).
Now whether they maintain it in maintenence mode, or continue to develop content...that is the question.
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

Andryah
02.22.2018 , 06:38 PM | #14
This again?

Hey OP... been discussed in multiple threads..... all of which have been moved to the off-topic forum. We really do not need a repeat.

Besides.. those of you wishing for this are chasing the wrong carrot. The carrot you want is for EA to sell off Bioware and let it return to what made it great to begin with. Won't happen.. but if you must chase carrots to satisfy your extremely negative views toward EA.... this is the carrot I suggest you chase.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

BingyDingy
03.08.2018 , 03:42 AM | #15
will if EA game lose Ip for swtor i move on if swtor goes to!

i play Ea games long ways back, left EA back like 2004, only came back was told SWTOR were here, if it leaves so do i!!
not a lover of EA games, NFS serials, Black & white 1/2, boishock 1-3... other then that i can live with out EA Games funny doings
Do use Teamspeak play online with!
twitter: @chiefadfp Skype: chiefadfp Discord: chiefadfp (AKA chief)
friends invite to all "click-here"

JattaGin
03.08.2018 , 07:23 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by BingyDingy View Post
Only if it comes with sword in box.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

CrazyCT
03.08.2018 , 07:29 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Only if it comes with sword in box.
if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

TUXs
03.08.2018 , 09:10 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BingyDingy View Post

i play Ea games long ways back, left EA back like 2004, only came back was told SWTOR were here, if it leaves so do i!!
not a lover of EA games, NFS serials, Black & white 1/2, boishock 1-3... other then that i can live with out EA Games funny doings
Well said! I don't think anyone will disagree with you
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Helmutmengele
03.08.2018 , 02:55 PM | #19
Just a recap: Can we all agree that Disney is pulling the Star Wars franchise into mediocrity, EA is ruining Star Wars games in general , and SWTOR is still a good game.

TUXs
03.08.2018 , 03:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Helmutmengele View Post
Just a recap: Can we all agree that Disney is pulling the Star Wars franchise into mediocrity, EA is ruining Star Wars games in general , and SWTOR is still a good game.
We can