Working as Intended? Civil War, Invisible Capper Bug

AndriusAjax

Put the video in the bug report section. Maybe something weird with Mara stealth?

Yeah, I would think Force Camo facilitated it... not sure if it was intentful or accidental. Either way, it needs to be fixed. But I was just curious if others have seen it happen. If its common, I imagine people need to keep a close eye on the node..

I paused it at 26 second mark the moment you targeted him, showing him capping the turrent for 7.5 seconds... that does look suspicious but i definitely wouldn't rule out a bugged game just yet.

You can seem him Mad Dash into the stairs. I knew something felt off when I didn't see him capping. The fact that he started capping at the angle he chose makes me think he knew he wasn't seen

Edited by AndriusAjax

Yeah, I would think Force Camo facilitated it... not sure if it was intentful or accidental. Either way, it needs to be fixed. But I was just curious if others have seen it happen. If its common, I imagine people need to keep a close eye on the node..

You can seem him Mad Dash into the stairs. I knew something felt off when I didn't see him capping. The fact that he started capping at the angle he chose makes me think he knew he wasn't seen

Hmm that's a good point... it seems he force camo'd while mad dashing, and was still in camo when he started capping which I guess prevented the light from popping up. Definitely a bug, but it does seem he knew that it would do that.

I doubt the angle had anything to with it though. That's a pretty common angle to sit at to minimize directions someone can interrupt them from.

Edited by LordTurin

No thats dsync not a hack.

Dsync is lag with the game where the player becomes untargetable and "disappears" for a time. It is caused when a high mobility ability like roll, force speed, and mad dash are used while changing elevation: such as force speeding up the last ramp in quesh huttball to get past the acid pit, rolling off the ledge in huttball to get to the endzone, ect. Since the last patch dsync has been getting worse, as they merge more players into mega-servers, create more flawed high mobility abilities, and create *******r maps full of bugs and dsync (Yavin Ruins is full of dsync).

If he were hacking he would have been inside the node/wall and the capping light would have also shown him inside the wall. Also since he reappears you can tell it is dsync and not a hack, since if it was a hack, you would not have stopped the cap.

This marauder appears to be capping without the usual, visible white beam over their head. I've been gone for 2-3 months; is this a known bug?

I used my intro and outro bc i worked hard on it. Sorry for flaunting...

It’s happened to me on my Mara. I was running to the node and an Operative from my team popped group stealth on me, but when it ran out I stayed invisible all match. Nobody could see me, not even my own team. Entering combat didn’t break it either. Neither did /stuck to kill myself, I just respawned in stealth. I ended up leaving and ultimately had to restart the game to fix it.

It’s happened to me on my Mara. I was running to the node and an Operative from my team popped group stealth on me, but when it ran out I stayed invisible all match. Nobody could see me, not even my own team. Entering combat didn’t break it either. Neither did /stuck to kill myself, I just respawned in stealth. I ended up leaving and ultimately had to restart the game to fix it.

Imagine that advantage in ranked...

I hope you noticed what you can see on the video and your story have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by Schoock

No thats dsync not a hack.

Dsync is lag with the game where the player becomes untargetable and "disappears" for a time. It is caused when a high mobility ability like roll, force speed, and mad dash are used while changing elevation: such as force speeding up the last ramp in quesh huttball to get past the acid pit, rolling off the ledge in huttball to get to the endzone, ect. Since the last patch dsync has been getting worse, as they merge more players into mega-servers, create more flawed high mobility abilities, and create *******r maps full of bugs and dsync (Yavin Ruins is full of dsync).

If he were hacking he would have been inside the node/wall and the capping light would have also shown him inside the wall. Also since he reappears you can tell it is dsync and not a hack, since if it was a hack, you would not have stopped the cap.

I agree, this does look like a dsync issue. This is one if the biggest problems with SWTOR PvP since its release and will never be fixed, because they don't care.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

I agree, this does look like a dsync issue. This is one if the biggest problems with SWTOR PvP since its release and will never be fixed, because they don't care.

I agree that it seems to be the vertical displacement thing that happens with Op rolls on the huttball catwalks. He looks to be using a mobility-ability while going up the stairs. So i get him disappearing with that logic in mind...

but why doesnt the white beam appear? The dude is visible when I finally make my way around the node, so I take it the dsync issue is over(?), but yet the white beam is still not appearing...

More probably because they can't. I am quite sure it is an engine problem there. Sucks because it can be VERY critical in huttballs...

I hope you noticed what you can see on the video and your story have nothing to do with each other.

Honestly, I didn’t watch it because I was on mobile data. What I did want to point out was strange things are happening with Mara’s and stealth, so I used my experience as an example.

But it’s never been as bad as it is now, this is the worst it’s ever been and if you went back 4 years ago, it would definitely look more like a teleportation hack.

Even now it often looks more like a hack than dsync, especially in Quesh Hutt Ball as you watch the Operative teleport from the bottom level to the goal line in under 6 secs. I’m pretty sure rolling like that won’t get you to the line in that time. You’d have to be the most coordinated op in the game to do that.

But how can you tell these days? People don’t sit there with a timer to double check and both affects would look the same. It’s never been easier to hack in Quesh Ball and get away with it because it so difficult to tell. You basically need to record every match and go back to review. And honestly, who can be bothered anymore because we know Bioware either won’t do anything or they just give them a slap on the wrist.

Reporting cheaters is time consuming because Bioware make it as difficult as possible and time consuming for the players. They then have no real penalty to dissuade people from hacking. They take weeks to ban and a tonne of people need to report till they even look at it.

Remember how long it takes to get J**Z** stopped once he starts his quarterly hack attack. Which is when his accounts come off ban :rolleyes: . Even Musco said they never perma ban people’s accounts and even the worst offenders eventually come off after 12 months.

Like you said, they just don’t care enough to stop it, if they did, they would take real action and also implement real deterrents

More probably because they can't. I am quite sure it is an engine problem there. Sucks because it can be VERY critical in huttballs...

A little bit of dysnc is tolerable, it’s not great, but you can deal with it. But not now, it’s so much worse than before, so it’s not only the engine, it’s poor coding or hardware optimisation.

I’ve noticed that everytime they try to update-improve the graphics features in the game, the lag affect or dysnc gets worse. This also happens with each new expansion or with major class changes or visual affect changes to abilities.

Whatever they are doing on their end has been adding to this problem over the years and they never go back and fix it. So it’s become an accumulative affect each time.

I think it’s become so bad now that they probably can’t undo what they’ve done without making it worse. The best we can hope for is for them to make sure they don’t ever make it worse.

Tell me about it. The other day in The Pit a Merc (a Merc!) used Rocket Out to pass the fire trap on top level close to the middle, after which there's a slight ramp. This caused him to wiggle till he resynchronized past the fire trap on the lower level. Essentially he was scoring already, all the while being untargetable.

I'm 100% sure they could fix engine problems too... if they cared.

Tell me about it. The other day in The Pit a Merc (a Merc!) used Rocket Out to pass the fire trap on top level close to the middle, after which there's a slight ramp. This caused him to wiggle till he resynchronized past the fire trap on the lower level. Essentially he was scoring already, all the while being untargetable.

I do that all the time when I'm on my Merc & have the Huttball close to the goal line or when passing a fire trap that I'm afraid to get stunned on, but I never knew it causes d-sync issues. I just do it because it is a very quick way to score without getting stunned, knocked back, or pulled. Most merc ball runners don't do it either so it tends to take people by surprise. They wait to stun you over the fire trap and don't expect the rocket past it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

1) No they can't fix it. If they could have they would have already 4 years ago, when people still played this game competitively and there was a decent skill base left.

2) They don't care. The time needed to put into fixing stuff is much better used implementing new additions which create a much better revenue.

It's just a bug/desync, reminds me of when sorcs force speed up the stairs at mid on Yavin Ruins, they disappear/desync for a short period. (he mad dashes as he gets to the stairs) It's as thought the game doesn't recognize the different levels on your screen therefore he disappears. Edited by DiavoIa

there was old bug with mad dash and force camo, that cause marauders to stay cloaked and invisible, I would not be surprised if that was never fixed correctly . and to me it looks like that bug was not fixed.

Almost all gap closers or gap makers skill in this game glitch out due to how the engine registers things this would easliy be fixed if they disabled tcp ack from the server and client, that would fix alot issue in regard to how engine registers things.

Edited by Kyuuu