Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Winter/Spring 2018 Roadmap Update
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xkcurtisx
02.15.2018 , 12:05 PM | #21
What about season 9 ?

DarthYun
02.15.2018 , 12:06 PM | #22
I am extremely dissapointed there will be no master mode for gods from the machine.

I hope the:
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Yet, based on what were planning for this year and beyond, its better to focus on the upcoming group content.
won't be the empty words of that have been repeated time and time again on these forums and still echo around to this day.

A terrible start of my weekend.

Alec_Fortescue
02.15.2018 , 12:08 PM | #23
Come on... Class balance?! How about some class balance? Can we get Jug dps not to suck in ranked pvp?

Please, keep addressing class balance problems in a monthly update manner. :l

kukumburr
02.15.2018 , 12:08 PM | #24
Are the special rewards for killing Izax the same for story and master? Specifically the legacy one whatever that is?

Also as far as feedback while I like having more frequent, smaller updates for things like adding a new warzone, a new ops boss, companion returns, etc. I'm not sure I like the way the traitor arc story content has been dealt out. It's similar to the pre-SoR story flashpoints I guess but I like that a lot better when you're able to play through it all and not have to wait. Similarly with the traitor arc it feels like too long between the story bits and since they're in a flashpoint there's like 5 minutes worth of story in each one, if that, and no clear idea of when we'll get an actual resolution. It also doesn't help that it deals with a character a lot of people are attached to and leaving his fate up in the air.

So unless it's a fairly self-contained story like the HK-55 bonus chapter or some of the later KOTFE chapters that were about recruiting a companion I don't know if I like it being spread out so much versus waiting for a big story update. I mean I like the traitor arc so far as a whole but it gets frustrating having to wait and then when an update comes you can't help but be disappointed because it's not enough.

So yeah I like smaller frequent updates for some things but I think other times bigger but slower updates might be better.

DavidAtkinson
02.15.2018 , 12:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

With the roadmap in front of you feel free to shoot us your feedback and questions in this thread. We are gonna sit back and let everyone digest and get questions out for a bit before we start responding. Expect quiet from us for a couple of hours and then we will be in here addressing your questions.

Roadmap day!

-eric
Overall the updates sound good, except one thing: Another new augment tier....

Also, when will season 9 end ?

ThomasStarWars
02.15.2018 , 12:10 PM | #26
First off , I believe we should get more female romances for male characters. Bring back all of our old companions. And then start 6.0 off as if KOTFE and KOTET were just a bad dream.

Neaty
02.15.2018 , 12:11 PM | #27
Any Class balance changes coming soon?
Ne'lo
Darth Malgus
Jedi Sage - Telekinetics

Eshvara
02.15.2018 , 12:12 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
First off , I believe we should get more female romances for male characters. Bring back all of our old companions. And then start 6.0 off as if KOTFE and KOTET were just a bad dream.
Agreed, the next LI should definitely be a female!
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Alec_Fortescue
02.15.2018 , 12:12 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by kukumburr View Post
Are the special rewards for killing Izax the same for story and master? Specifically the legacy one whatever that is?
Flair / legacy title most likely or a LEGACY item.

LtGeneralGezlin
02.15.2018 , 12:13 PM | #30
Can't wait for 5.8 and 5.9, My Consular will be glad to have Irreso back! Now... who will romance Arcann. And I can't wait for the end of the Fractured Alliances Arc.

Now, I do have a few questions, Keith Can you tell us if we'll be getting more QoL and bug fixes in these two patches, or maybe some more legacy and character unlocks? There are at least two bugs I have been reporting consistently that have not been fixed at all, or half fixed, one has been broken since 3.2, and the since 4.0.

Also... More KotOR era armors? While there are a lot of things I've requested over the years (The 1-50 Flashpoint armors added to the Adaptive Gear Vendor, more model ship pets, ship droid customizations, ect), the KotOR armors are my biggest request, and one of my favorite things to have for my characters.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.