Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

kodrac
02.07.2018 , 02:08 PM | #21
"real" content. Just because it's not content you like doesn't mean it's not content.
No more free 7 days for you and nothing for me!

LordFell
02.07.2018 , 02:17 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by MrJunay View Post
Because it is a waste of resources for YOU. Not for ME. For me, a waste of resources - operations, and group content, because I do not participate in it. And for other people - a waste of resources lies in other nuances.
And I do not understand why one person's opinion should be for everyone?
I pay for this game and I have the right to the content that I like.
Be kind, do not sign for everyone!
I specifically stated... and you quoted me...
"If there were take-backsies, this is one I'd call. "

Sounds to me, like I'm speaking purely on my own behalf.
...the indignant cry of "how dare you speak for me!" is specious at best, and even worse when I'm very clearly (and you've quoted me!) speaking for one person, me, as a singular entity, espressing my own, personal viewpoint.

Related to your concern, that I'm voicing my (again, my very own, personal, exclusive to me) view point on this... is Devs need to know what players think. For one person to post a thread saying "this is my idea" players chiming in supporting an idea, or also, expressing why it is (or just that it is) a bad idea helps them decide where to allocate resources.
Also related.... No. You don't have a RIGHT to the content you like, or want. You have a right to access the content SWTOR provides, and you can decide you like it and keep paying for it, or that you do not like it, and maybe stop paying for it. You may also decide, you don't like some aspects... and maybe you want to keep paying... but you still come to the forums to explain what you don't like, and why you don't like it.
...that's what's going on here.

Had I been aware of a previous push to have Arcann made a romanceable companion, I would have been very vocal in my opposition. In a game that has (clearly) very, very, VERY few resources... wasting any on the walking abomination that is Arcann is a waste. It was a waste. We're getting it... even if we didn't want it... I sure didn't... so, whatever. We're getting it. I don't have to like it. I sure don't. The game I pay for, want to play, does not feature a romanceable companion that has 50+ Billion Deaths under his belt, that is somehow a "Light Side" character.

This is... really unpalatable. EA/Bioware made a horribly bad call proceeding with this decision. I really wish they had NOT put ANY money into Arcann, at all.

Suzsi
02.07.2018 , 02:27 PM | #23
I always said I didnt want an Arcann romance at the expense of time with existing LIs and companions.
That being said, it doesn't mean I will boycott it. It does mean I expect more time with 'dead' companions, the ones forgotten the moment some people could kill them -- Aric, Koth, Torian, Vette etc... if this cant be done stop killing them for half the player base and stop spending resources on new romances when existing suffers a lack of content.

Jadescythe
02.07.2018 , 02:32 PM | #24
Whether the Arcann romance content is deep and meaningful or 1 cruddy cutscene, it is still content that will not be consumed by the majority of players. In a game that can barely put out anything new every few months, the idea of spending time to release a romance to a companion many didn't even want as part of their alliance is silly. If the player base wanted another romance option, then a companion that all players are required to have along the lines of Lana and Theron would have been a better option at least. More than likely, however, they would have been better suited using resources on something else, but the only resources currently working on the game are story people.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Nefla
02.07.2018 , 03:02 PM | #25
Gotta love all the running around like a chicken with its head cut off claiming that this Arcann romance that may or may not have even started being worked on is somehow responsible for all the game's failings. Really guys? Really? If not having an Arcann romance meant we'd get more class stories and more fully fleshed out planets and the original companions returning and being fully voiced and interactive and woven into the story like they were in the vanilla game, etc...I'd drop Arcann like a bad habit but that's not going to happen and that's nowhere near an equivalent use of resources and time. Like, what are you guys imagining with this romance? If it's more than one or two shot-reverse-shot conversations a few minutes total, unconnected to the story (the way the vanilla conversations were but much much shorter) then you're guaranteed to be wrong. It's like thinking if BioWare stops reskinning speeders that they'll magically have enough resources for a full story expansion.

You need to let BioWare know what the actual problem with the game is and that's lack of new content (especially story content IMO) and that they need to stop siphoning off money made from subscriptions and CC in SWtOR to developing lame Destiny wannabes while leaving SWtOR with a skeleton crew apparently barely able to hold things together.

Nefla
02.07.2018 , 03:07 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Whether the Arcann romance content is deep and meaningful or 1 cruddy cutscene, it is still content that will not be consumed by the majority of players. In a game that can barely put out anything new every few months, the idea of spending time to release a romance to a companion many didn't even want as part of their alliance is silly. If the player base wanted another romance option, then a companion that all players are required to have along the lines of Lana and Theron would have been a better option at least. More than likely, however, they would have been better suited using resources on something else, but the only resources currently working on the game are story people.
Many people don't do operations and yet they've been releasing those. Anyway even in your example, the problem is lack of resources. Are we so desperate for developers and money that even one tiny cutscene will have a catastrophic effect on the game because one tiny cutscene consumes all the resources they have? Why is that hm? Blips of random side content here and there should have no effect on the overall game because they should be releasing new content all the time and they're not. So tell me, is the problem the fact that they want to make a short thing not everyone will use or is the real problem the fact that as you said they barely put out anything new every few months? Why should we just accept this complete lack of care and attention and fight over scraps instead of asking for better?

MikeCobalt
02.07.2018 , 03:13 PM | #27
+1 Signed I completely Agree. Can I sign multiple times?

Manjaca
02.07.2018 , 03:45 PM | #28
The Problem is the Arcann Romance is not repeatable Content. You can do this 2x and then?
The Problem is, the majority of Players will not do the romance with Arcann. Because no interest for this Romance. They have more interest in Kira/Jaesa.......

The devs have not enough Money/Manpower to do regulary Content. OK. But then they Need to Support the Content who is repeatable They Need to Support the Original Romances.
Look at the Abassadeor Class. Where are the comback of the Companions? Why no love for this Companions.
Why no love for Thano Vik? I want him back with a Story!

Some People Need to realize that some Players have other opinions about Content. And the majority dont want no repeatable Content to prioritize about repeatable Content. And some People Need to be less selfish like "i dont want Group Content i dont want to see other People in a MMO". The game is alive when Group Conent will be played.
Why some Players are full of hate if we want other Content instead of the Arcann Romance? Why?

Eshvara
02.07.2018 , 03:47 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post
The Problem is the Arcann Romance is not repeatable Content. You can do this 2x and then?
The Problem is, the majority of Players will not do the romance with Arcann. Because no interest for this Romance. They have more interest in Kira/Jaesa.......

The devs have not enough Money/Manpower to do regulary Content. OK. But then they Need to Support the Content who is repeatable They Need to Support the Original Romances.
Look at the Abassadeor Class. Where are the comback of the Companions? Why no love for this Companions.

Some People Need to realize that some Players have other opinions about Content. And the majority dont want no repeatable Content to prioritize about repeatable Content. And some People Need to be less selfish like "i dont want Group Content i dont want to see other People in a MMO". The game is alive when Group Conent will be played.
Why some Players are full of hate if we want other Content instead of the Arcann Romance? Why?
Tanno Vik's VA passed away, which is probably why he won't be around anymore.
#Arcannite
||Refer a friend🙋|| The wheel... spins... again.
💫Darth Malgus💫

Suzsi
02.07.2018 , 03:55 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Manjaca View Post

So only guy players should get content and not the female player bsse? Because everyone wants Kira and Jaesa despite the fact many also cant even romance them.
Thats a little narrow minded to be honest.
Also not everyone likes group content either so saying everyone will play that, with all the evidence around the forums to say otherwise is also a little short sighted.

No one can speak up for what others want or will play because their views will always be scewed by there own interests and what they want as wn individual. People really should start speaking for themselves and not everyone else.