Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
No to Arcann Romance Give us Real Content!

LordFell
02.09.2018 , 03:57 PM | #131
Quote: Originally Posted by Elessara View Post
The only thing that would make that content not-real is if it were imaginary. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it. If I had, the reunion would have been much better.

It was "real" content. It just wasn't much or satisfying. The Arcann romance will be "real" content.
I was using hyperbole, but only just barely. Waiting 2 years for 2 minutes? No... that may, technically, be content... but, no. It really, honestly, is not.

...and sorry, I hope what Arcann's "arc" is will be no better than what any of Andronikos, Corso, or Risha got. He'd get LESS (nothing) even, if I had my way. There is no way Arcann deserves more than our classic companions.

Bluelily
02.09.2018 , 04:26 PM | #132
"-1, Not Signed and Protested" to this thread. Make Arcann Even More Awesome.
"NO" to attempts to neuter a character due to a few disgruntled complainers. Last time I checked, other companions were never a focal point of an expansion, nevermind 2, or an Emperor of a galaxy.

Asmodesu
02.09.2018 , 04:52 PM | #133
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post
I was using hyperbole, but only just barely. Waiting 2 years for 2 minutes? No... that may, technically, be content... but, no. It really, honestly, is not.

...and sorry, I hope what Arcann's "arc" is will be no better than what any of Andronikos, Corso, or Risha got. He'd get LESS (nothing) even, if I had my way. There is no way Arcann deserves more than our classic companions.
Corso, Risha and Adronikos got an entire romance arc through the game. So yup, I agree Arcann should have the exact same type of progression Arc that they got, since his is only just starting. just like Theron, Lana and sorta-Koth, and every other current LI did in the game. Any new romance added should receive the same care as well, that all the rest have received in the game, rather then limiting an entire romance arc start to end to 2 minutes for the very first time, which not one LI has gotten .. ever. Only "returns" have been short, not the romances.

*tongue-in-cheek*
Always a Theron fan!
Member of the Order of Zildrog - Theron Protection Agency
Safaia - a melodramatic sith, Revanite and Wrath
referral -- FAQ

Elessara
02.09.2018 , 04:57 PM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by LordFell View Post

I've seen people on these forums argue that a speeder is content, or an outfit, or a weapon.

And no, sorry but if they're going to do a new arc for a new romance they should put effort into it. I may not be into Arcann but if they're going to do a romance for him then it needs to be well done. Otherwise, should they add a romance arc for any other character, for example Senya (and this is just an example) then she should also get no more than 2 minutes. Just be careful what you ask for.

MikeCobalt
02.09.2018 , 05:10 PM | #135
Would this include an option for 1,Kill and 2,Romance? That's would Please everybody in whichever their intention. Start the Expac with Arcann as your comp, fight your way through whatever it is, something happens (Due to your choices throughout the event) and in the end make your decision. Senya would ofcourse be "Devastated" but every sentient being in the Galaxy wants him dead and even the mighty Alliance and its Commander cant hold all that back forever. This would settle the issue in a way everybody would like Plus Content for everybody.

JennyFlynn
02.09.2018 , 05:41 PM | #136
That would be nice, if starting his 'romance' arc also lead to a second chance at killing him.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | | Defying Destiny @}}>---}-------

ZoIushka
02.09.2018 , 11:07 PM | #137
In what universe does your guild, your specific group of friends and your one server, equal as 97% of the player base? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and an outlandish hyperbole such as that basically discredits the rest of what you say.

I've waited two years for an Arcann romance, and if I were to have it denied now by salty players would be infuriating. I want a lot of the other things you mentioned too, except the pvp content. In all the years I've been playing swtor, I've never once played pvp, and I don't intend to ever, I play purely for story and remain subscribed for the story, but I don't think I have ever had the idea or urge to post on a forum and demand for the developers to stop making content I dislike, becuase I understand there are many who do like it.

Just don't play what you don't like, it's not rocket science. Why try to make those of us who have been waiting a long time for this, as miserable as you are?

Manjaca
02.10.2018 , 07:14 AM | #138
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoIushka View Post
In what universe does your guild, your specific group of friends and your one server, equal as 97% of the player base? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard, and an outlandish hyperbole such as that basically discredits the rest of what you say.

I've waited two years for an Arcann romance, and if I were to have it denied now by salty players would be infuriating. I want a lot of the other things you mentioned too, except the pvp content. In all the years I've been playing swtor, I've never once played pvp, and I don't intend to ever, I play purely for story and remain subscribed for the story, but I don't think I have ever had the idea or urge to post on a forum and demand for the developers to stop making content I dislike, becuase I understand there are many who do like it.

Just don't play what you don't like, it's not rocket science. Why try to make those of us who have been waiting a long time for this, as miserable as you are?
I life in a Universe called Real Life.
I never say that my Guild, my Friends, my Server is equal to 97% of the playerbase.
I write down Content as an example. I said that this Content is Content for 97% for the playerbase!

Please read my post correct! Before you writhe something wrong. The Arcann Romance is not Content for the Majority of the Playerbase. For the Majority of the Playerbase its not repeatable Content. If you can do the Arcann Romance with 20 Twinks. Nice, fine im Happy for you. But for the Majority its not repeatable. Why so much People are not happy about the Arcann Love Content. Because they see the bad Comback of Risha/Elara/Quinn/Andronikos/Corso....... And they think that all the Companion Resources go away to the Arcann Love Content.

You waited 2 years for the Arcann Romance. The Majority of the playerbase waited as well for the orignial Companions and Love Companions. Bioware take this Companions away. They take away the Love Companions. No one take you Arcann away! First we Need a comback of all Original Companions. And please not 135 seconds of Story.

Yes we Need more repeatable Content. After 4.0 and 5.0 with no repeatable Content and no Group Content we lose 40% of our playerbase. We lose another 30% of horrible Galactic Comand and CXP Rates. So much Story Players quit the Game because of not so good KOTFE/KOTET and not repeatable KOTFE/KOTET and no interess for Arcann. I know many of them! Many of them have no interess because of Non-Force User make no sense in the KOTFE/KOTET (Arcann) Story And many said this on this Forum or on SWTOR-Reddit.

The majority of this Players will not comeback because of the Arcann Romance. The Majority of comeback players will not stay subbed for many months because of the Arcann Romance. The Majority of Group Players will not comback for a Arcann Romance. But this Game Need more Players!

Why so much hate to Players that dont have a interess in the Arcann Romance? Why so much lack of understanding for Players who want a comeback of the original Companions before Bioware give you the Arcann Romance? Why so much hate to Players who prefer Group Content?

You have a other opinion than me. Nice, its OK. Its your right! This is a open Forum. We life in a Democracy. If you Arcann Love Fans want this Content. You have the right to write this down on this Forum! But other People (not Arcann Love Fans) have the same right.

I dont share the same opinion like you. But i will defend your right of free speach and your other Opinion wife my Live. You know this Words? You Arcann Love fans understand this?

gragnongoth
02.10.2018 , 10:41 AM | #139
Since when was this game a democracy? I must have read a different Terms of Service.

CrazyCT
02.10.2018 , 10:56 AM | #140
Quote: Originally Posted by gragnongoth View Post
Since when was this game a democracy? I must have read a different Terms of Service.
Since when was this a game? I thought it was a business
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?