Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
02.07.2018 , 05:47 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
No offense, but look at us: we fight,accuse each other of rudeness, kiss and make up.. just like in kindergarten . If you were a developer, you would have ran from forum as fast as you could too..This forum is a madhouse, one with insufficient orderlies.I'm not a big fan of E.M. or K.K. but honestly i understand why they chose not to communicate with us.

BTW, i owe you an apology for last evening.
The reason the forums are in the state they are is because the game is in the state it is and there is a lack of anything coming from the development team.

You can't neglect the players as they have been, and then say the reason your neglecting them is because they are clearly unhappy with the level of communication and are taking the frustration out on the forums. Their strategy appears to be one of indifference to their customers, hoping that if you ignore them long enough then they will go play other games. Which in a way is working, people are leaving but for those that remain it seems strange thing to do and does not bode well for the future of the game. Which I guess does have what appears to be their desired effect to get more people to quit.

But this does seem a bad way to treat your loyal customers that are holding out that things will improve as they are the ones most let down by the way the game and community are being ignored.

ExarSun
02.07.2018 , 06:24 AM | #12
Funny....you would think a proper dev team and Community Manager work includes communicating with their customers/playerbase. Doing your job professionaly includes dealing with unhappy customers. Its not some charity work. Reasons like "they dont talk because forum state lala" are simply not serious in my eyes.

Galahard
02.07.2018 , 08:47 AM | #13
I'm sure they are busy sitting in meeting rooms and watch the sub numbers go further and further down.
Which they don't really care about, because look, we have our new shiny CM rng boxes.
CM changes and updates are the only thing that are being continuously, as in at least weekly, updated, added to, advertised on the website, twitter etc.

When are they going to learn that without actual content, cosmetics don't sell for long, as cosmetics only makes sense, if someone is playing the game, as in using content, that is continually being produced and put into the game.
Your lack of intelligence is insulting (SCORPIO).

TUXs
02.07.2018 , 09:17 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSealth View Post
I mean they’ve been very quiet recently.
I want some gossip;
Will 6.0 be an actual EXP or not?
Will there be a lvl increase or a gear increase?

The waiting game doesn’t work when we haven’t even got anything to sink our teeth into and to get our hopes up I mean you owe us that atleast after all this time.

Heck I’d rather a KOTFE and KOTET over no content.
Rumor has it that they're ramping up to communicate better in 2018!

Anything would be preferable to the nothing we've been getting...the silence is unforgivable.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Andryah
02.07.2018 , 09:35 AM | #15
Meh....

When they communicate, they get reamed by some. When they do not communicate, they get reamed by some.

They will talk when they have something to say, and until then.. people will just ream them for not talking.... but rest assured.. once they do talk.. they will get reamed anyway.

Communications has never been their strong suit here, and that part has been pretty consistent over the last 6 years in spite of the fawning and swooning some players in the forum did in volume when Keith took over as producer. Keith has been no better and no worse in my view with regards to communications.... so I think it was be prudent to stop complaining about poor communications and face the reality of this.

Personally, I do not play or not play an MMO based on how the studio communicates. If you need great communications from a studio in order to enjoy a game... you are either playing wrong, or playing the wrong game. Either adjust your expectations and/or let go and move forward and just play the game, or play an MMO where you feel better served by the studio if that is so important to you. There are MMOs out there where the studio will hold your hand and treat any perceived boo-boo you want to show them.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Quraswren
02.07.2018 , 09:37 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Rumor has it that they're ramping up to communicate better in 2018!

Anything would be preferable to the nothing we've been getting...the silence is unforgivable.
You mean we're going to get a post that says, Sorry we have been able to say much because they have had their heads down working so hard on 2017 content thats coming in 2018?
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

TUXs
02.07.2018 , 09:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
You mean we're going to get a post that says, Sorry we have been able to say much because they have had their heads down working so hard on 2017 content thats coming in 2018?
Something like that
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Quraswren
02.07.2018 , 10:01 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Something like that
Well rats.

And here I was thinking it might be about an event to get us to do old content again.

TUXs
02.07.2018 , 10:08 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
Well rats.

And here I was thinking it might be about an event to get us to do old content again.
Wishful thinking my friend...nobody would be crazy enough to do all the old content and level new alts just for a few random rewards...

Quraswren
02.07.2018 , 10:22 AM | #20
Miraculous double post.