Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Has Eric and the team kicked the bucket?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSealth
02.09.2018 , 03:01 PM | #91
A post a day keeps the ghosts at bay. - Sith Inquisitor.

Bonzenaattori
02.09.2018 , 04:32 PM | #92
They're probably celebrating Chinese new year or some dumb crap excuse to explain why something like a roadmap that isn't even qualified as an iota of content to be displayed. But yeah

olagatonjedi
02.09.2018 , 04:44 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Quraswren View Post
As a community manager you'd think managing the community and talking with them would be part of the gig no matter what it is.

Communication is key. It doesn't have to be inside secrets but if the community has to make a post wondering if they are dead to get a response from them, then there is indeed a problem on biowares end.
How do you open and maintain communication with a crowd that overanalyzes and overcriticizes every post, and no more than 5 minutes later is expecting a new update. You cant. The expectationsare unreasonable. If they livestreamed themselves coding new content, it still wouldnt be enough for this crowd.

olagatonjedi
02.09.2018 , 04:47 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
This is why he doesn't. Because some troll would come along and say "aren't you paid to work and not make meaningless posts?". Pot calling the kettle black, Mr. Meaningless Posts.
Exactly my point.

Eshvara
02.09.2018 , 05:05 PM | #95
Having read some of the posts here and agreeing with those who are opposite sides, I guess it's a difficult situation.
I agree with Andryah saying taking a break can help to ease down some frustration, but also with PennyAnn, and speaking up as that's usually what makes change happen.
Right now for me, I am taking a break of the game myself and have been playing WoW + working on my art. The last time I logged in was to buy the hover mount on direct sale, so I can sell it later. And before that, well... I don't really remember!

I'm not really feeling like grinding CXP right now or doing much else. Content droughts happen, and while we've been dehydrated of content here for quite a long time, I decided to stay subbed to support the game and get my forum fix.👀

Anyway there is no right or wrong here, taking a break and speaking up for changes are both valid points.
I hope that we'll all get some answers soon! I think we could all use some good news right about now.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

ExarSun
02.09.2018 , 05:16 PM | #96
I have already done what I felt needed to be done, long before some randoms on a forum will try to tell me - dropped my long time sub, which i have not cancelled until now. Dropped it a few weeks ago, and have a exactly 4 weeks left.....But...this does not mean I will stop posting my opinions on the forum, just to let some people feel better with their delusions for the game. Oh...far from it.

Some people think this may be a good thing for their continuous safe zone existing, but considering the state of the game, the servers and the population, I'd say it is very unfortunate. Nobody is raging, at least I am not, I am just saddened by the neglect and mismanagement this game has endured and still endures.

Taking a break for a few months and come back for what exactly, some minutes worth of content...or to replay old content for 10000th time, or grind some cxp like an asian robot...lol.

Jdast
02.09.2018 , 06:21 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by ExarSun View Post
I have already done what I felt needed to be done, long before some randoms on a forum will try to tell me - dropped my long time sub, which i have not cancelled until now. Dropped it a few weeks ago, and have a exactly 4 weeks left.....But...this does not mean I will stop posting my opinions on the forum, just to let some people feel better with their delusions for the game. Oh...far from it.

Some people think this may be a good thing for their continuous safe zone existing, but considering the state of the game, the servers and the population, I'd say it is very unfortunate. Nobody is raging, at least I am not, I am just saddened by the neglect and mismanagement this game has endured and still endures.

Taking a break for a few months and come back for what exactly, some minutes worth of content...or to replay old content for 10000th time, or grind some cxp like an asian robot...lol.
Good call. You're doing what untold millions have done across the span of every MMORPG. You've completed the content currently available and will return if / when new content that interests you is released.

I'm currently on a break from WoW for this exact reason, but looking forward to Battle for Azeroth! Woot!

Dasty

Eshvara
02.09.2018 , 06:30 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Good call. You're doing what untold millions have done. You've completed the content currently available and will return if / when new content that interests you is released.

I'm currently on a break from WoW for this exact reason, but looking forward to Battle for Azeroth! Woot!

Dasty
I'm excited too, and I'm ready to serve my new king Anduin. /swoooooon!
I am however still playing as I want my void elf. And right now there isn't much to do over here!
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

ivanhedgehog
02.09.2018 , 08:18 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
How do you open and maintain communication with a crowd that overanalyzes and overcriticizes every post, and no more than 5 minutes later is expecting a new update. You cant. The expectationsare unreasonable. If they livestreamed themselves coding new content, it still wouldnt be enough for this crowd.
How do you maintain open communication if you rarely post in your own forums? you cant. if you think a quarterly roadmap every 5 or 6 months is hard, you have low standards.

MikeCobalt
02.09.2018 , 08:53 PM | #100
Every Secret has a Price.