Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Cross healing needs diminishing returns.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cross healing needs diminishing returns.

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.06.2018 , 08:23 PM | #1
So tired of these 3 healer matches where healers are just circle jerking each other.

MuskyBoy's Avatar


MuskyBoy
02.06.2018 , 08:52 PM | #2
Can totally get on board with this, a healer is fine, healers are a blight which should be eradicated. There is no skill in cross healing especially when guards are added, I have no idea why some people who PVP think that not being able to die is a good thing.

Schoock's Avatar


Schoock
02.06.2018 , 09:09 PM | #3
If this forum ever closes down, I'll open a salt mine in its place and have my men drill deep down into this thread.
Faction imbalance is the scientific term for saying player skills mature at a later age than that of the intended audience of a certain faction.

Ne'laa & other Mentally Challenged from The Red Eclipse

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
02.06.2018 , 09:26 PM | #4
or warzones could have soft matchmaking with rules like no more than 2 healers on a team

half of the issues with warzones that get brought up on this board over and over and over would be fixed or at least alleviated by it

but instead of telling bioware this I guess we'd rather have yet another thread blaming healers or the guard mechanic or premades

MuskyBoy's Avatar


MuskyBoy
02.06.2018 , 09:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
or warzones could have soft matchmaking with rules like no more than 2 healers on a team

half of the issues with warzones that get brought up on this board over and over and over would be fixed or at least alleviated by it

but instead of telling bioware this I guess we'd rather have yet another thread blaming healers or the guard mechanic or premades
Bioware are not going to put matchmaking in so instead the player base has to come up with answers to questions like too many healers, skank tanking is broken, survivability of certain classes is too high etc.

yellow_'s Avatar


yellow_
02.06.2018 , 09:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MuskyBoy View Post
Bioware are not going to put matchmaking in so instead the player base has to come up with answers to questions like too many healers, skank tanking is broken, survivability of certain classes is too high etc.
I don't see how a completely new mechanic like cross healing DR is any more likely to happen than matchmaking, which already exists in a couple different forms (group finder, solo ranked)

on top of that, matchmaking fixes or helps with several problems all in one fell swoop unlike these piecemeal changes aimed at a single issue

MuskyBoy's Avatar


MuskyBoy
02.06.2018 , 09:40 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
I don't see how a completely new mechanic like cross healing DR is any more likely to happen than matchmaking, which already exists in a couple different forms (group finder, solo ranked)

on top of that, matchmaking fixes or helps with several problems all in one fell swoop unlike these piecemeal changes aimed at a single issue
Bioware have stated they prefer pops over matchmaking. I agree it's a far more logical idea, but I've given up believing it will ever happen so I get behind these ideas instead.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 10:26 PM | #8
One of my mains is a healer but I'd fully support this. The TTK in this game needs to come way down. Parsing dummy matches where the top number of player kills is in the single digits are not fun for anyone.

Some basic matchmaking would be nice, but assuming that is never going to happen (likely), how about a hefty PVP debuff that renders heals to delivered to other healers 100% ineffective?

That would give teams a counter to multiple healers by allowing them to focus and potentially burn down individual healers.

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
02.07.2018 , 01:19 AM | #9
Asking BW to write in more code to band aid 1 problem creates 10 more problems.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Elusive_Thing's Avatar


Elusive_Thing
02.07.2018 , 04:12 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
or warzones could have soft matchmaking with rules like no more than 2 healers on a team

half of the issues with warzones that get brought up on this board over and over and over would be fixed or at least alleviated by it

but instead of telling bioware this I guess we'd rather have yet another thread blaming healers or the guard mechanic or premades
I'd gladly spend more time in the queue if it meant we got even elementary matchmaking. Surprised they've managed to separate lowbies from the 70s.