Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Timeline for all the classes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Timeline for all the classes

DanielAstrol's Avatar


DanielAstrol
02.06.2018 , 07:32 AM | #1
From Prologue to KoTFE chapter 1. It would be awesome to see a chronological event with what all of the classes are doing through these events. An official one.
Here's my REF link. Click to get the goodies.
http://www.swtor.com/r/qmgJH3

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
02.06.2018 , 08:28 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielAstrol View Post
From Prologue to KoTFE chapter 1. It would be awesome to see a chronological event with what all of the classes are doing through these events. An official one.
It's probably fair to say that the class story chapter boundaries are at the same time, roughly speaking, in all eight stories, but that they progress individually through each chapter at different rates.

Certainly it's unreasonable to suggest that troopers and smugglers *start* at different times - Corso sees the seps take down the walker carrying the new recruit for Havoc Squad. Related arguments can be applied to all the other class pairs, and all the classes for a faction arrive on the capital world at pretty much exactly the same time.

But in another way, it's a meaningless question. When you are playing a Jedi Knight, there is nobody taking the role of "Imperial Agent" that the Imperial Agent character plays. (Follow the Doc companion story to see why that's the case.)

And it's pretty easy to argue that if that's the case for that one combination, it must be the same for all the others.

So in a single copy of the game universe, there is only one of the eight roles active. Sure, if you're not a Bounty Hunter, *something* happened to force an unscheduled change in who the Chancellor is, but it's never revealed what happened. Only Consulars ever find out what happens to Darth Lachris. And so on.

But I stick to the interpretation that, no matter whether the other characters exist simultaneously (albeit in an NPC manner), the chapter ends take place at about the same time for all eight stories, although probably not as closely as the Trooper/Smuggler beginnings are. Non-class story mission arcs are the main clue. Master Relnex has lost some Padawans on Tython, and they are the same Padawans for both Knights and Consulars. The Hailstorm Brotherhood needs taking down for every Impsider(1) at about the same time on Hoth. And so on.

(1) The Bounty Hunter is an Impsider, but not an Imperial.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.06.2018 , 06:17 PM | #3
I got the feeling that the class stories are happening about the same time as the planet ones.

Korriban has the Inquisitor and Warrior doing things together that isn't their class story. Same with Agent and Hunter, Knight and Consular, and finally Trooper and Smuggler.

Then they leave the starting planets and move onto the next in the time line. Planet and side missions are shared among them as they team up or some how wind up in the same mess. Going their separate ways on their personal quests (class story).

This works in theory until you get to say KotFE, when you can meet other class companions and have no idea who they are

Though, to be fair, you'd think Lana and/or Theron would know the Outlander's crew rather well

Could be only a certain class does the planet quest and it varies which class does the planet quest on their side planet to planet.

Smuggler gets Tattooine, but Consular gets Alderaan...etc.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Gelious's Avatar


Gelious
02.14.2018 , 07:41 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
When you are playing a Jedi Knight, there is nobody taking the role of "Imperial Agent" that the Imperial Agent character plays. (Follow the Doc companion story to see why that's the case.)

And it's pretty easy to argue that if that's the case for that one combination, it must be the same for all the others.
So in a single copy of the game universe, there is only one of the eight roles active. .
I have no idea what's the Doc story because I havent played JK for years, but I am pretty sure all 8 classes exist and act during vanilla story. (before Makeb) After that it gets tricky because separate class storied end. And when KOTFE starts 7 people that didnt get aboard Marr's flagship are written out by being MIA or KIA.
"They will not! I command them to know fear! To raise me to my throne! They can not!" - Soa. The Red Eclipse:
Gelious - Sith Marauder; Helimana - Mercenary; Nellios - Operative; Mellas - Sith Assassin; Xatra - Commando.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
02.14.2018 , 09:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gelious View Post
I am pretty sure all 8 classes exist and act during vanilla story
To be sure, *someone* exists and acts (after all, the JK, for example, meets the previous Wrath not long before the new Wrath is given that role in the SW story, among other things), but there's no direct evidence of their existence, as such. Nobody ever mentions to the SW that he is being recruited as Wrath because the previous Wrath quit the post to follow a Jedi around. Nobody ever explains to a Republic class *why* Saresh became Chancellor *then*. (That's sort of reasonable, since the fate of the previous Chancellor depends on the BH player's choices.)

Or have I overlooked some definite piece of evidence that *someone* (i.e. an NPC, obviously) followed the full story of class X while the player was following the full story of class Y? That evidence, or, more accurately, the lack of such evidence, is why I say that there isn't *a* definitive "canon" version of events in the class story time. Or, rather, there is, but it's extremely patchy: in this year, the Chancellorship of the Republic passed unexpectedly to Leontyne Saresh, and in that year, the Emperor's Wrath gave up the job and was replaced. And that's about all you know. No Impsider ever finds out what became of Darth Lachris, and in the Trooper's universe, for example, the role of "Emperor's Wrath" might as well not exist.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
02.14.2018 , 12:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielAstrol View Post
From Prologue to KoTFE chapter 1. It would be awesome to see a chronological event with what all of the classes are doing through these events. An official one.
This certainly isn't official, I don't think there is anything official (although I'm sure there is something somewhere that exists) that has been or likely will be released, but there was a post from last year that did a pretty good job of syncing the eight class stories into a timeline. Note that the post contains heavy spoilers about each class and is quite a long read as it covers everything class related from starter planet to Corellia. Corellia really marks the end of individual class stories. Ilum and Makeb is just Rep vs Imp. On Ilum all classes arrive around the same time while on Makeb Rep classes arrive first. After that, SoR and beyond is just one story with very minimal differences based on class and faction.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...52&postcount=1
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

Plactus's Avatar


Plactus
02.14.2018 , 04:59 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Or have I overlooked some definite piece of evidence that *someone* (i.e. an NPC, obviously) followed the full story of class X while the player was following the full story of class Y?
Kaliyo, Lokin, and SCORPIO's post-Fallen Empire bios all mention their work with Cipher Nine and the exact circumstances under which they met. (Temple's mentions Cipher Nine but not Hoth.) It's not definitive, but the easiest explanation is that the Agent's story happened, regardless of the PC's class.

SteveTheCynic's Avatar


SteveTheCynic
02.15.2018 , 04:47 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Plactus View Post
Kaliyo, Lokin, and SCORPIO's post-Fallen Empire bios all mention their work with Cipher Nine and the exact circumstances under which they met. (Temple's mentions Cipher Nine but not Hoth.) It's not definitive, but the easiest explanation is that the Agent's story happened, regardless of the PC's class.
Hmm. I think you can justify "parts of the Agent's story", but not all the intricate detail of it.

And of course the easiest explanation is that all eight stories happened, but there are, well, not exactly contradictions, but certainly inconsistencies if some combinations both exist.(1) (Example: Why does the Consular never hear about the Knight's activities, or vice versa?)
Spoiler

And so on.

(1) I shall resist the temptation to discuss the inconsistencies between the class stories and the planetary <Story Arc> stories e.g. who exactly is in charge of which forces on Imp Taris?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
Buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-buda-CHING!
PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.

Eksenia's Avatar


Eksenia
02.15.2018 , 08:18 AM | #9
There is quite clearly a chronological order to the respective class stories. For example, the Consular
Spoiler
. The same goes for some planets which are set in a chronological order, in which, for example, the Republic
Spoiler
et cetera.
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
02.15.2018 , 10:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Hmm. I think you can justify "parts of the Agent's story", but not all the intricate detail of it.

And of course the easiest explanation is that all eight stories happened, but there are, well, not exactly contradictions, but certainly inconsistencies if some combinations both exist.(1) (Example: Why does the Consular never hear about the Knight's activities, or vice versa?)
Spoiler

And so on.

(1) I shall resist the temptation to discuss the inconsistencies between the class stories and the planetary <Story Arc> stories e.g. who exactly is in charge of which forces on Imp Taris?
Yes, there are multiple voices. From what I understand, it's basically akin to the Emperor's Children.

Which makes me wonder if he doesn't have more voices left out there, in case he dies.

All eight stories happen at the same time. What players don't hear about are the choices, until later. For instance, we know Hunter's story has to end sooner than Troops, as the Hunter gets rid of the Chancellor at the end while the Trooper meets Saresh at the end.

What we're never told, is what was the official reason for the change. Was the previous one killed (dark side) or did he retire (light side)?

Though, calling the Inquisitor Imperius during KotFE (if you skip ahead to 60) seems to be a tell that Inquisitor is generally Light Side.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry