Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lana Appreciation Thread - Love for the Dark Advisor! Haters, please stay away,

Pscyon
02.05.2018 , 04:42 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Is it clear that she did lose her hand? I honestly assumed it was just some kind of power gauntlet.
Well it seemed pretty clear to me. Goes with a saying I have: "If someone doesn't lose a hand, it's not Star Wars". If you think about all the movies and several of the games, that's very true isn't it. That cliché aside though, I thought the hand seemed so very cybernetic.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The hand is so strange. Someone asked IIRC Charles about it and he claimed she *didn't* lose her hand, but she's obviously wearing some sort of different glove, why?
seems to disprove my theory though.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

JennyFlynn
02.05.2018 , 04:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
Well it seemed pretty clear to me. Goes with a saying I have: "If someone doesn't lose a hand, it's not Star Wars". If you think about all the movies and several of the games, that's very true isn't it. That cliché aside though, I thought the hand seemed so very cybernetic.

seems to disprove my theory though.
I've always wondered about her hand, it is so obviously different especially in scenes like the one where she pulls you from carbonite. Like there is no natural movement or pose to it. Could also be a weapon gimmick, something to do with wielding her lightsaber for example.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Lunafox
02.05.2018 , 05:10 PM | #13
Have fun in your thread Lana people.

Paulsutherland
02.05.2018 , 05:37 PM | #14
Yeah, I like Lana, not so much from the recent flashpoints, but she's still cool.

*ponders* Maybe I should make a thread appreciating her royal Empress of Zakuul?

chrcampbell
02.05.2018 , 05:44 PM | #15
I registered to the forums just to say how happy I am that this thread finally exists! Thanks!
Lana is such an interesting and complex character, she deserves more recognition.

SithKoriandr
02.05.2018 , 05:52 PM | #16
One of my favorite NPCs

She's on my list of NPC companions I can't do without!

Want to get more details on her, so we have as much on her as those who read outside the game know about Theron
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Eshvara
02.05.2018 , 06:39 PM | #17
I'd like to know more about her too tbh. Kind of weird how a character that's so significant to the story, we know so little about.🤔
#Arcannite
For The Empire

IoNonSoEVero
02.05.2018 , 10:39 PM | #19
It makes me so happy to see all these positive posts. Thank you.

I love this piece of art! https://www.deviantart.com/art/Darling-660670340

Rebamcfan
02.05.2018 , 11:38 PM | #20
Lana is one of my favorite companions in-game (and before she became one, one of the NPCs). <3 I've always liked that she's more calmer bit kinder than other Siths, willing to put aside ideological/political differences with the Republic to work with them in order to save the Galaxy. She's a great and deep character.
Also, shoutout to Lydia Leonard for absolutely stunning work in voice acting, she truly brings Lana alive!
http://www.swtor.com/r/3d6ZQg Many thanks for those who have clicked my Referral link, I've been able to unlock many things. ^_^
"To defeat an enemy you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but their history, philosophy, arts." -Grand Admiral Thrawn