Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

PorsaLindahl
02.09.2018 , 04:40 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
Only reason you defend them so fierce is that you have a horse in the race yourself. Not hard to see what your motive is. How much do you make?
And this is exactly what I've been talking about this whole time. Finger pointing and blind accusations. Thank you, sir, for helping prove my point.

PorsaLindahl
02.09.2018 , 06:23 AM | #32
I'm not defending anyone. All I'm trying to point out is that all this thread is about is finger pointing and supposition. I have even stated that there may be something suspicious going on, but without any proof, all you accomplish is getting people worked up, which is borderline trolling.

And I've also said that if you think something is suspicious, report it and move on (what may surprise you is that is exactly what I did - reported and provided screenshots). It's up to BW to investigate and take action. Suspicion does not equate to guilt. This entire thread is a farce. It actually accomplished to get several of you worked up. So again, I give +1 troll point.

lightSaberAddiCt
02.09.2018 , 08:22 PM | #33
Honestly, who the **** cares? Of all the issues with SWTOR, even if it is filled with bots, it is an instance, so at least they arent running around world.

If you think there will ever be an end to bots, I have a bridge to sell you....

You would think people would find something at least interesting to become obsessed with...
Just Click It for Free Stuff I need the CC
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hj4n32

lightSaberAddiCt
02.09.2018 , 08:27 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by tahol View Post
Only reason you defend them so fierce is that you have a horse in the race yourself. Not hard to see what your motive is. How much do you make?
If you seriously think PorsaLindahl is a credit scammer, you seriously have issues. Porsa has been part of this community since as far as I can remember.

Seriously, you conspiracy theory yokels need to get a grip, and just let BW do their job. You reported them, yay for you. You achieved really nothing, but at least you can pat yourself on the back for it.

But calling a forum community member, a bot farmer? Because what, they don't agree with you, is the height of just immature ********.

PorsaLindahl
02.09.2018 , 08:37 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
If you seriously think PorsaLindahl is a credit scammer, you seriously have issues. Porsa has been part of this community since as far as I can remember.

Seriously, you conspiracy theory yokels need to get a grip, and just let BW do their job. You reported them, yay for you. You achieved really nothing, but at least you can pat yourself on the back for it.

But calling a forum community member, a bot farmer? Because what, they don't agree with you, is the height of just immature ********.
Thank you for that.

On a side note, I was rather enjoying myself here. But it is starting to get old. I think it's funny how some people automatically jump to the wrong conclusion and get offended every time someone says (or types) something they don't agree with, or understand. I guess ignorance is truly bliss for some.

camzoner
02.11.2018 , 05:00 PM | #36
I have seen this before in this forum where people come on and defend exploiters and botters and ignore every valid form of evidence showing that it has to be something that needs to be addressed. I don't remember seeing this in other games i played, it sure is interesting though.

It is also weird how these things go unfixed for apparently 10 months or more. Lots of things don't make sense, maybe why the game is in such trouble.

PorsaLindahl
02.11.2018 , 05:17 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by camzoner View Post
I have seen this before in this forum where people come on and defend exploiters and botters and ignore every valid form of evidence showing that it has to be something that needs to be addressed. I don't remember seeing this in other games i played, it sure is interesting though.

It is also weird how these things go unfixed for apparently 10 months or more. Lots of things don't make sense, maybe why the game is in such trouble.
You see? That's the point I was making here. There is absolutely no valid form of evidence here, and there never will be because it violates the rules of the forum. It's all circumstantial no matter how vehemently these people try to argue their points. Which is why I've repeatedly said to report suspicious activity and move on.

Andryah
02.11.2018 , 06:10 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
I'm not defending anyone. All I'm trying to point out is that all this thread is about is finger pointing and supposition. I have even stated that there may be something suspicious going on, but without any proof, all you accomplish is getting people worked up, which is borderline trolling.

And I've also said that if you think something is suspicious, report it and move on (what may surprise you is that is exactly what I did - reported and provided screenshots). It's up to BW to investigate and take action. Suspicion does not equate to guilt. This entire thread is a farce. It actually accomplished to get several of you worked up. So again, I give +1 troll point.
You and I very rarely agree on anything... but on this.. we do agree.

Look people...... nobody knows for sure what is going on or why. And.. if we did.. we would not be permitted to discuss it anyway if there is in fact some form of exploit taking place (suspicion =/= fact). Yes yes.. there are plenty of "theories" and "allegations" that you all point to being peddled on other web sites... but that is not proof... it's just more speculation and theory.

There is no point to yet another thread on the same topic other then to give a handful of you a fresh soapbox to yell from. IF you honestly feel there is an issue here.. you report it and move on. If you are really worked up about it.. encourage others in game to observe the same thing you are observing and to report it as well. Beyond that.... prosecuting your suspicions in the forum is a waste of time..... other then to draw people like PorsaLindahl to comment in the discussion so that you can then violate forum rules by calling them out and accusing them of something A) you cannot prove and B) you can do nothing about it even if you could somehow prove the unprovable.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

lightSaberAddiCt
02.11.2018 , 07:54 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by camzoner View Post

As for botters, man they are in EVERY MMO. Any MMO that you can buy gold, platinum, credits whatever, there is botters farming it. It is not that I or others are defending them, its just, so what. At least now they are in instances where they used to steal crap in world.

BW swats some down, and then more pop up. Welcome to F2P gaming. Where there really is no repercussions if you get banned. They have hundreds of auto formed accounts every day. If you think SWTOR is the only game, I mean damn, Neverwinter was crazy spammed and botted. WoW is, all the way back to EQ.

So if you want to get rid of them, tell others not to buy from them. It really is a hell of our own creation.

paperstop
02.12.2018 , 05:09 PM | #40
I'm still confused on why this clear abuse of something not intended to be done was not fixed. Is Bioware not able to figure out what they are doing? I've seen a few of these assassin/sage bots right when they were created at 65. They enter the gravestone in some chapter and never leave it. They go the whole way up to lvl 70 without ever leaving. Which means whatever they are doing rewards XP. Which also means they are either killing mobs or completing a quest/the chapter. The question then becomes, how can they endlessly complete a bonus quest or kill mobs when you have to leave to reset it? Clearly they are exploiting something to reset it or found a way to make a mob respawn endlessly to kill.

Quote: Originally Posted by lightSaberAddiCt View Post
As for botters, man they are in EVERY MMO. Any MMO that you can buy gold, platinum, credits whatever, there is botters farming it. It is not that I or others are defending them, its just, so what. At least now they are in instances where they used to steal crap in world.
There is a big difference though between bots just farming regular crap vs exploiting to gain credits at a possibly very high rate.