Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 05:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
From Eric in response to a comment from a hunky brilliant guy last week about the patch.

P.S. A little jawa told me he was replying to someone who is in three words; 1) Fab; 2) U; 3) Lous!
Excellent, thanks.

So it was botting after all. Glad to hear it was fixed.

Jdast
02.06.2018 , 05:30 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Excellent, thanks.

So it was botting after all. Glad to hear it was fixed.
Well, they reduced the rewards. I didn't check how much and I haven't had any lag issues on the Gravestone for a while now so won't be bothered unless that changes. What impact the change had on actual botting behavior I couldn't answer.

Put differently, while the rewards may be lower, it still might be worth their botting time given alternatives and I'm assuming they already have an account for Yavin 4.

Dasty

Khaleg
02.06.2018 , 05:38 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Noob question : if people spend so much time on Gravestone, what are they doing there? ERP? RP? Farm what exactly?
These are no people, that are automated farming bots.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 06:08 PM | #24
It's a probable exploit that other players noticed and commented on, which got me to pay attention. Are the people who actually try to do something about it, in vain perhaps, wrong for keeping an eye on it and reporting it?
If it's a "probable" exploit, then posting about it on the forums is a violation. Submit tickets. Submit hundreds of tickets. Flood them with ticket after ticket after ticket until someone finally gets tired of it and they do something about it.

You can't seem to make up your mind. You accuse others of stalking for doing that but in a subsequent post advise people to "report and move on." You do realize you won't be able to submit a report about suspicious behavior without first observing it?
What's there to make up my mind about? If you're constantly doing a "/who Gravestone" then you're stalking. Again, I'm not saying there's nothing going on. But you HAVE NO PROOF. It's all supposition. You're pointing fingers and making cultural slurs without concrete evidence.

You also seem to have odd priorties. Rather than take umbrage at people taking advantage of a potential exploit, you save your ire for the actual players who try to call Bioware's attention to it.
I'm not the one taking umbrage and getting upset. You are. I made a post joking about being stalked and you decided to take offense to it and rail at me and started directing your derogatory statements at me and others. I guess since that post got deleted someone reported it and the mods must agree that you were wrong.

I was not civil in my replies to you or that other person and didn't claim I was.

My posts however were both in response to derogatory statements first thrown in my direction. I called you a white knight after you dived into the thread to accuse the OP and myself of "stalking," and I called the other person a dork after he rushed to your defense to tell me to get a life.

I treat people how they treat me. I'd prefer a civil dicussion. You two however, chose otherwise.

All we did is draw attention to a potential exploit.

You called us stalkers for it. If there is a ****-stirrer in this thread, it was you. Gain some self-awareness.

Insults aren't light-heared no matter how often people try to pass them off as "just a joke." The only people you can get away with insulting in jest are friends. We don't know one another.

But you and I both know your comments weren't intended as a jest. They were meant to be barbs, you're just tap-dancing now to avoid owning up on to your own poor behavior that instigated this exchange.

You need to go back and re-read the thread.

That was my second post in this thread, not the first, and was after you decided to call people drawing attention to this "stalkers."

If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out.
You know, if you want to be treated in a civil manner, then you need to at least meet people halfway. I'm not going to be civil to someone who acts like you did in your response to my post. And my first post wasn't directed at you. It was directed to the OP. If you're so vain as to think it was remotely about you, then you need to back up and rethink your position.

And you're right. We're not friends. My friends aren't so vain and emo-centric to think that everything is directed towards them and blow up at every little comment.

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 06:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
If it's a "probable" exploit, then posting about it on the forums is a violation. Submit tickets. Submit hundreds of tickets. Flood them with ticket after ticket after ticket until someone finally gets tired of it and they do something about it.
Turns out it wasn't probable botting, but actual botting. Read the thread. A statement from Musco was reposted in the thead and Bioware is aware of it and has done *something* about it.

While that means this thread was then not necessary, neither was your ill-advised snark directed at people raising awareness to an issue they did not know had been addressed by Eric Musco.

Quote:
What's there to make up my mind about? If you're constantly doing a "/who Gravestone" then you're stalking. Again, I'm not saying there's nothing going on. But you HAVE NO PROOF. It's all supposition. You're pointing fingers and making cultural slurs without concrete evidence.
I'll help you since you dont appear to be paying attention to this thread:

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric
The emphasis added was mine.

As for cultural slurs, what on Earth are you talking about? You're as off base as you are with your allegations of stalking.

Are you referring to white knight? The context in which I used it was obviously referring to a variety of blind fanboyism on gaming forums where anything that reflects negatively on the gaming developer is criticized by some. That appeared to be what you were doing, since it does not otherwise make sense why anyone would be directing ire at people raising complaints about potential botting.

Quote:
I'm not the one taking umbrage and getting upset. You are. I made a post joking about being stalked and you decided to take offense to it and rail at me and started directing your derogatory statements at me and others. I guess since that post got deleted someone reported it and the mods must agree that you were wrong.
Again...

It wasn't a joke. Insults as jests only work if the person it is directed at is a friend. Not only are we not friends, I'm not sure if we've even interacted before this thread. It was meant to be insulting and not light-hearted banter. Either own it or apologize for it. I don't care which so long as if you knock off the tap-dancing. Your performance is unconvincing.

As for the report, you know you're the one that made it. Don't dish out snark if you can't take it in return.

Quote:
You know, if you want to be treated in a civil manner, then you need to at least meet people halfway. I'm not going to be civil to someone who acts like you did in your response to my post. And my first post wasn't directed at you. It was directed to the OP. If you're so vain as to think it was remotely about you, then you need to back up and rethink your position.
My initial post in this thread was civil. I didn't reply with barbs until you dished them out.

That they were directed at the OP means little, since the OP and myself were on the same page. You insulted everyone who has posted about the oddities in the Gravestone whether or not you meant to.

Quote:
And you're right. We're not friends. My friends aren't so vain and emo-centric to think that everything is directed towards them and blow up at every little comment.
I didn't blow up. I'm perfectly calm and have been through out this whole exchange. I just refuse to reply in a civil manner when I'm not given the same consideration. Nor should I.

frankiestan
02.07.2018 , 04:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Gold farming bots, from players and most likely from china gold sellers. This is going on for 10 months already I think.
Wow 10 months, this sounds long overdue for a fix.

camzoner
02.08.2018 , 01:08 PM | #27
There are lots of them on Star Forge. I count at least 15 jedi shadows and 7 sith assassins which are always in the gravestone whenever I check. It's probably the same on all servers so that means there are well over 100 accounts doing this.

merovejec
02.09.2018 , 01:25 AM | #29
OMG! There are 8 assassins on the Gravestone tonight. The world is coming to an end. OMG! OH! EM! GEEEEEEE!!!

Seriously. You people need to get a grip.
Well the thing is they are making credits with this, then selling them for real money so its kinda stupid.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

Khaleg
02.09.2018 , 02:00 AM | #30
OMG! There are 8 assassins on the Gravestone tonight. The world is coming to an end. OMG! OH! EM! GEEEEEEE!!!

Seriously. You people need to get a grip.
Sounds more like you need to since you obviously don't get it even remotely.
Nal'augh, guild master "The Conqueror Fleet" - Tulak Hord
Do you want 7 free days of subscription and other freebies? Click here!

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/doubleudude