Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 12:35 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by frankiestan View Post
It's impossible of course to stare at the screen 24 hours a day monitoring them, but when you do check they are online and in that instance. No matter if you check at 3am or 3pm or noon or whatever. Therefore it is reasonable to figure that they are there 24/7.
Okay. Not that I agree, but for the sake of argument, let's say they are there 24/7. So what? Do you know what they're doing? Do you have proof they are doing anything wrong? Or are you just "figuring" they're up to no good? If they don't leave the Gravestone, then how are they affecting your game, other than you taking the time to stalk them to see if they're still there?

If they are credit sellers and sending mail from there, what's the difference if they're on the Gravestone, on Fleet, in a stronghold or in their personal starship? Report the mail, if you get one, and move on.

frankiestan
02.06.2018 , 12:48 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Okay. Not that I agree, but for the sake of argument, let's say they are there 24/7. So what? Do you know what they're doing? Do you have proof they are doing anything wrong? Or are you just "figuring" they're up to no good? If they don't leave the Gravestone, then how are they affecting your game, other than you taking the time to stalk them to see if they're still there?

If they are credit sellers and sending mail from there, what's the difference if they're on the Gravestone, on Fleet, in a stronghold or in their personal starship? Report the mail, if you get one, and move on.
Yes, because a human can't be in that instance 24/7 therefore it has to be a bot.

They are affecting my game by gaining an unfair advantage and by increasing inflation which devalues everyone's credits and lowers the demand for cartel coins because people buy credits from them rather than buying cartel coins and trading cartel items for credits on the gtn. So they are hurting the game's profitability.

Khaleg
02.06.2018 , 02:17 PM | #13
Gold farming bots, from players and most likely from china gold sellers. This is going on for 10 months already I think.

CrutchCricket
02.06.2018 , 04:00 PM | #14
Not gonna lie, this kinda makes me want to stand around in the Gravestone instance for 24hours on end...
"Baras, you ****! You bought your armor at the Portly Sith Lord's Used Gear Store! Ya cheapskate! I know it because I SOLD IT TO YOU!"

notanjelika
02.06.2018 , 04:22 PM | #15
Noob question : if people spend so much time on Gravestone, what are they doing there? ERP? RP? Farm what exactly?
Please bring back Jaesa Willsaam

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 04:23 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by CrutchCricket View Post
Not gonna lie, this kinda makes me want to stand around in the Gravestone instance for 24hours on end...
Thought about that myself.

All we have are conspiracy theories and people trying to get others riled up.
+1 troll

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 04:58 PM | #17
Thought about that myself.

All we have are conspiracy theories and people trying to get others riled up.
+1 troll
You being that person.

Got to love the lack of self-awareness of someone dropping into a thread to accuse others of stalking, then crying that she is being trolled when she gets a little snark in response.

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 04:59 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Stalking would be following any particular person. I haven't done that. I've only been checking the Gravestone instance after seeing multiple threads discussing the oddities in that instance. It also takes no more than a few seconds and is hardly the only thing I do in this game.

You realize that the person you're trying to defend likely lives in some other corner of the world? Why don't you take your own advice and get a life. It a'int happening, you sad dork.
That's classic.

Stalking doesn't necessarily have to mean physically following someone. It's like you're hiding in the bushes outside of a store and watching who goes inside.

Ok, fine. I'm not checking 24/7. But what are the chances that the same login names are there no matter when you check the Gravestone over the course of months? That's just not possible unless they are bots. Actual players are not always online at the same time I'm on. Actual players do things beyond hang out in a single instance, every day. These are quite obviously bots, not unlike the ones you can find mining mats on Yavin.
So you're saying that when you play, you're the only actual player on. That must get lonely for you. No wonder you're stalking the people on the Gravestone.

Instead of directing anger at people taking advantage of some exploit in the game, you direct it at myself and the original poster by calling us stalkers. Well done. You're also not one to lecture about trolling, considering your first post in this thread accused people of stalking. If that isn't bait, what is? Perhaps you ought to lighten up. You're the one started this digression with your drive by flame baiting. If you prefer to have a civil discussion than you need to reply in a civil manner. I'm only giving you eye-for-an-eye.
You want to talk civility when you called me a white knight defending botters, then turn around and call someone else a "sad dork"? Who's the angry one here? You need to look in the mirror.

You also need to realize that the report function is completely useless when it comes to botting. If you don't believe me, go to Yavin and report every bot you see. The same bots will still be running the same routine 24/7 months later.
When I go to Yavin to farm archaeology mats I use the PVP instance and to pass the time, kill the bots. Every time I do so, I'm killing the same characters I was killing a year ago on Shadowlands or Ebon Hawk. CS is completely useless when it comes to the botters. The tickets are closed and nothing is done about it.
I'm not denying the bots on Yavin. But you need to realize that all you, and the OP, are doing here is getting people riled up. Mainly yourselves. If you have proof, show your proof. Otherwise it's speculation and finger pointing.

Don't like threads that address botting? There is a solution to that. Don't read them.
Again, no one is denying they exist. What do you expect to accomplish by posting about them on the forums? As stated above, there are numerous threads about bots already, so this isn't a new topic. It's just a rehash of an old topic. And if you can't accept criticism, or someone making a lighthearted post (which I explained in my first response to you) without getting your panties in a bunch, then you probably shouldn't bother reading or posting at all.

And now I'm going to toss your own words back at you.
If you prefer to have a civil discussion than you need to reply in a civil manner.
Your very first post in this thread was to attack me. GG.

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 05:12 PM | #19
That's classic.

Stalking doesn't necessarily have to mean physically following someone. It's like you're hiding in the bushes outside of a store and watching who goes inside.
It's a probable exploit that other players noticed and commented on, which got me to pay attention. Are the people who actually try to do something about it, in vain perhaps, wrong for keeping an eye on it and reporting it?

You can't seem to make up your mind. You accuse others of stalking for doing that but in a subsequent post advise people to "report and move on." You do realize you won't be able to submit a report about suspicious behavior without first observing it?

You also seem to have odd priorties. Rather than take umbrage at people taking advantage of a potential exploit, you save your ire for the actual players who try to call Bioware's attention to it.

Quote:
So you're saying that when you play, you're the only actual player on. That must get lonely for you. No wonder you're stalking the people on the Gravestone.
That's not what I said and you know it..

Do you have any more Strawmen fallacies to deploy?

Quote:
You want to talk civility when you called me a white knight defending botters, then turn around and call someone else a "sad dork"? Who's the angry one here? You need to look in the mirror.
I was not civil in my replies to you or that other person and didn't claim I was.

My posts however were both in response to derogatory statements first thrown in my direction. I called you a white knight after you dived into the thread to accuse the OP and myself of "stalking," and I called the other person a dork after he rushed to your defense to tell me to get a life.

I treat people how they treat me. I'd prefer a civil dicussion. You two however, chose otherwise.

Quote:
I'm not denying the bots on Yavin. But you need to realize that all you, and the OP, are doing here is getting people riled up. Mainly yourselves. If you have proof, show your proof. Otherwise it's speculation and finger pointing.
All we did is draw attention to a potential exploit.

You called us stalkers for it. If there is a ****-stirrer in this thread, it was you. Gain some self-awareness.

Quote:
Again, no one is denying they exist. What do you expect to accomplish by posting about them on the forums? As stated above, there are numerous threads about bots already, so this isn't a new topic. It's just a rehash of an old topic. And if you can't accept criticism, or someone making a lighthearted post (which I explained in my first response to you) without getting your panties in a bunch, then you probably shouldn't bother reading or posting at all.
Insults aren't light-heared no matter how often people try to pass them off as "just a joke." The only people you can get away with insulting in jest are friends. We don't know one another.

But you and I both know your comments weren't intended as a jest. They were meant to be barbs, you're just tap-dancing now to avoid owning up on to your own poor behavior that instigated this exchange.

Quote:
And now I'm going to toss your own words back at you.

Your very first post in this thread was to attack me. GG.
You need to go back and re-read the thread.

That was my second post in this thread, not the first, and was after you decided to call people drawing attention to this "stalkers."

If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out.

Jdast
02.06.2018 , 05:12 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by notanjelika View Post
Noob question : if people spend so much time on Gravestone, what are they doing there? ERP? RP? Farm what exactly?
From Eric in response to a comment from a hunky brilliant guy last week about the patch.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric
P.S. A little jawa told me he was replying to someone who is in three words; 1) Fab; 2) U; 3) Lous!