Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
There are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day.

frankiestan
02.05.2018 , 02:14 PM | #1
I notice that there are a lot of stealthers in the gravestone 24 hours a day. Just look for who is in the gravestone and then add them to your friends list and notice something interesting. There are a lot of characters in there 24 hours a day.

It's always the same two classes:
Jedi Shadows on the Republic
Sith Assassins on the Empire

The Darth Malgus server for example always has at least 15 Jedi Shadows on the Republic and 10 Sith Assassins on the Empire side, in the gravestone.

I heard that some developer attention has been moved temporarily to another game but if some attention could be used to fix issues like this then I think it could help make swtor more successful.

Docthebutcher
02.05.2018 , 03:08 PM | #2
By chance are they BOTS???
They dont care...they have the bare minimum minus 5 working this game it is what it is it failed to be the block buster at best well it isnt even a nut buster ..
it is what it isnt we either play this or with a abacus not sure which would be better anymore lol

Len

Aeneas_Falco
02.05.2018 , 08:15 PM | #3
There is definitely some sort of botting going on with the Gravestone, and people have been posting about it for months. You see the same people, always stealth classes, literally there 24/7.

Someone named LordRexxar on Reddit had an interesting take on what might be going on. Third post down from the top.

It is most likely credit sellers.

Kyrra_T
02.05.2018 , 09:04 PM | #4
The patch this last week fixed a problem with 'concerning behavior' in the Lady of Sorrows chapter. I'd imagine they will take care of the problem.

Honestly, the only think I can possibly imagine that bots could get out of staying in the gravestone is instanced areas you could farm mats in without competition but...I can't imagine that would be profitable enough for gold sellers.

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 06:17 AM | #5
Glad I don't play on DM. I'd feel like I'm being stalked. I've recently run through TFE/ET with a couple of sins and shadows which involved, you guessed it, time on the Gravestone. I wonder if there were any stalkers on SF trying to spy on me while I was playing and taking down my characters names because they were on the Gravestone for more than a few minutes.

Aeneas_Falco
02.06.2018 , 06:30 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post
Glad I don't play on DM. I'd feel like I'm being stalked. I've recently run through TFE/ET with a couple of sins and shadows which involved, you guessed it, time on the Gravestone. I wonder if there were any stalkers on SF trying to spy on me while I was playing and taking down my characters names because they were on the Gravestone for more than a few minutes.
What's this about stalking?

The same people are in the Gravestone literally 24/7. You might be in the Gravestone a lot, but you wouldn't be there every time someone does a search for "Gravestone" every day, no matter the time of day.

It is no different than Yavin where the same stealth classes are there 24/7, running their scripted routine.

You're white knighting for botters.

Jdast
02.06.2018 , 07:44 AM | #7
The issue is really straightforward in my mind. Eric already mentioned that the reason they reduced the rewards for the Clean Up quest on Ch 7: Lady of Sorrows was because bots were cleaning up (ugh, did I really just say that ) on the rewards.

The problem is that while the rewards may have been reduced, apparently it is such an easy botting script that it is still profitable for the bots to run it.

I haven't bothered to check lately (the only time I did was when lag was so bad you couldn't move on the Gravestone, regardless of chapter), so I don't know if the reduction minimized the problem, but by the accounts in this thread, it seems clear they didn't fully eliminate it.

Dasty

PorsaLindahl
02.06.2018 , 11:25 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
Perhaps you ought to reread your own post in that case, but it was easily one of those most moronic things ever written on this forum.

Stalking? Are you serious with that nonsense?
Perhaps you need to lighten up. That post was nonsense. I even included a . It was made in jest. Grow up.

But if you want to be serious about it, Let's get serious. How do you know those people are there 24/7? Are you checking them 24/7? If so, then that is stalking. If not, it's a blatant exaggeration.

I'm not claiming that there are no bots, or whatever. But hypothesizing and accusing people of doing something when you don't actually see them doing it is akin to witch hunting. If these are bots on the Gravestone, then they're not somewhere else hacking mats.

And finally, if you know someone's hacking / exploiting, then you need to report it through the ticket system or private messages, and not post it on the forums in an attempt to rile people up. That's called Trolling, btw.

frankiestan
02.06.2018 , 12:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by PorsaLindahl View Post

But if you want to be serious about it, Let's get serious. How do you know those people are there 24/7? Are you checking them 24/7? If so, then that is stalking. If not, it's a blatant exaggeration.
It's impossible of course to stare at the screen 24 hours a day monitoring them, but when you do check they are online and in that instance. No matter if you check at 3am or 3pm or noon or whatever. Therefore it is reasonable to figure that they are there 24/7.

Foambreaker
02.06.2018 , 12:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
The patch this last week fixed a problem with 'concerning behavior' in the Lady of Sorrows chapter. I'd imagine they will take care of the problem.

Honestly, the only think I can possibly imagine that bots could get out of staying in the gravestone is instanced areas you could farm mats in without competition but...I can't imagine that would be profitable enough for gold sellers.
If you're botting 24/7 with 20 toons on slicing that could be a lot of credits, maybe 50-60k every spawn, per instance.
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...