Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open pvp

Joaina
02.05.2018 , 07:25 AM | #1
*I am from the german forums, so please excuse my sloppy english.

Hi folks.
Back in the days i always enjoyed beeing flagged for PVP in the Open World. But the DEVS in all thier wisdom disabled the PVP flagging for some reason.
(I guess the PVP Gear was the main reason, because pvp players always had advantage compared to pve players)
But the PVP Gear has been removed and thats makes us all equal again. They have introduced Iokath but if you move there, its like having a walk alone in the Mojave Desert. I spent alot of time on Yavin 4 but now Yavin 4 is dead like all others Planets when you are in the PVP instances.

Please Bioware - bring back the Open World PVP flagging . There is still potential, but it might need a bit of rework.

The game engine doesnt like masses of players, but this isnt what i meant. I am basicly talking about quick duels when meeting another flagged player.

Some suggestions:
Only a flagged player can attack another flagged player. Back in days even unflagged players accidently could attack flagged players. And if they did and beeing in group the entire group has been flagged. Most players who accidently attacked a flagged player didnt know that they have to rest 5mins in non combat areas to unflag themselves.
(I guess that was the second reason they removed the pvp flagging)
Just make sure that unflagged playes cant attack until they have flagged themselves. Remove Group flagging when a groupmember attacks another flagged player. And bring a small popup window after players dead that asks to stay flagged or unflag now.

I am sure many players would be happy again. I would be happy for sure.

thanks for reading. have a nice day.
Natele/BeniHana/Jamira
Freundeslink: http://www.swtor.com/r/6pkMZP

KendraP
02.05.2018 , 10:52 AM | #2
There are technically PvP instances now, though they are relatively deserted outside of people trying to get world bosses or do heroics with long respawn time, etc.

For me the issue with open world PvP is primarily that I can go do far more rewarding things with my time than go to say yavin or ilum and farm people trying to do story/farm mats/whatever.

Foambreaker
02.05.2018 , 11:01 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
There are technically PvP instances now, though they are relatively deserted outside of people trying to get world bosses or do heroics with long respawn time, etc.

For me the issue with open world PvP is primarily that I can go do far more rewarding things with my time than go to say yavin or ilum and farm people trying to do story/farm mats/whatever.
"I only go there to PvE"
"PvE is more rewarding than PvP"

If you don't like PvP why are you here?
Only bads need to defend PvP advantages...

KendraP
02.05.2018 , 11:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Foambreaker View Post
"I only go there to PvE"
"PvE is more rewarding than PvP"

If you don't like PvP why are you here?
Um I do war zones almost daily man. I just have better things to do than go rofl stomp lowbies?

Just last night I spent about 3 hours doing war zones. I'd say that's PvP buddy.

Foambreaker
02.05.2018 , 11:10 AM | #5
Um I do war zones almost daily man. I just have better things to do than go rofl stomp lowbies?

Just last night I spent about 3 hours doing war zones. I'd say that's PvP buddy.
Ahh so OW PvP is all about stomping lowbies?

You realize that is the line PvEers have used for 20 years?

KendraP
02.05.2018 , 11:14 AM | #6
Ahh so OW PvP is all about stomping lowbies?

You realize that is the line PvEers have used for 20 years?
Um I'm saying that's not what it should be about but that in practice that's what often happens.

Even if it's not lowbies, it's a group of 4-8 ganging up on 1-2 dudes doing somethijng completely unrelated.

And, since there really aren't rewards for open world PvP. Why bother, when you could be doing actual PvP where there are rewards?

I do both pve and PvP, and if anything spend a lot more time in pvp.

Foambreaker
02.05.2018 , 11:26 AM | #7
Um I'm saying that's not what it should be about but that in practice that's what often happens.

Even if it's not lowbies, it's a group of 4-8 ganging up on 1-2 dudes doing somethijng completely unrelated.

And, since there really aren't rewards for open world PvP. Why bother, when you could be doing actual PvP where there are rewards?

I do both pve and PvP, and if anything spend a lot more time in pvp.
lolol

Long term PvEer complaint about OW #2 "It isn't fair because of the numbers."

KendraP
02.05.2018 , 11:27 AM | #8
lolol

Long term PvEer complaint about OW #2 "It isn't fair because of the numbers."
I'm not complaining friend, just explaining why I don't participate.

And since none of this is relevant to what OP is asking/requesting can we stop saying things just to insult each other?

Foambreaker
02.05.2018 , 11:36 AM | #9
I'm not complaining friend, just explaining why I don't participate.

And since none of this is relevant to what OP is asking/requesting can we stop saying things just to insult each other?
Every OW PvP thread has to address two items at some point:
1. It is just "greifers" farming lowbies
2. It is just groups "ganking"

You have wept over both, clearing this thread for real discussion without using up 10 pages.

KendraP
02.05.2018 , 11:43 AM | #10
Every OW PvP thread has to address two items at some point:
1. It is just "greifers" farming lowbies
2. It is just groups "ganking"

You have wept over both, clearing this thread for real discussion without using up 10 pages.
I only mentioned those because they do happen, and pretty much any time I've open world PvP it's been one of these circumstances.

I also mentioned there really isn't any reward for participating in open world PvP, which results in few people who chose to do so facing issues of no one who joins open world PvP, which is really what the OP is facing.